Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I've been messing around a bit with clocks and sample rates, think I found a nice combination for my Pre+.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    What governors does everyone else use?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i mostly just use the screenstate 800/250 im not real up to date with all the other govners thats what im trying to learn now
    I had Screenstate 500/600 on yesterday and after about 16 hours or so, I had about 3.5%/hour battery usage. For the most part, I find the 600Mhz to be fast enough. But, I'm going to try Screenstate 500/720 tonight and see what kind of performance I get out of the battery.

PS. I have a VZ Pre Plus with the latest PUBLIC versions of Govnah and UK. Yesterday, when I got the 3.5%/hour, I had streamed pandora for about 15 minutes on 3g, then another 15 on wi-fi and I was basically on and off my phone all night until I went to bed checking the battery status. I also looked up stuff on Facebook and the web a couple times. I'll let you know how the 500/720 goes.
    Ok...I changed to the 500/720 screenstate, and so far, I'm pretty happy with it. I left it on overnight and I had about 1.5%/hour battery drain. I will need to stream music via 3g and wifi again to do a really good comparison, but I'm a little happier with the speed of the 720Mhz.
    Note that we don't recommend using the ondemand governor. It wakes up the CPU too often (draining the battery) and causes stuttering and lines in video.

Of course, this is a generalisation of individual results which vary widely, so YMMV.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that we don't recommend using the ondemand governor. It wakes up the CPU too often (draining the battery) and causes stuttering and lines in video.

Of course, this is a generalisation of individual results which vary widely, so YMMV.

-- Rod
    I'm just curious, what do you run Rob? You seem to know a lot about the project and I was just wondering what settings you find most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by boutit View Post
    I'm just curious, what do you run Rob? You seem to know a lot about the project and I was just wondering what settings you find most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Keith
    I know a little bit about the project, yes ;-)

I run UberKernel screenstate 500/800 compcache 24Mb on my main phone (GSM Pre Plus).

-- Rod