Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Can app be hidden after a Luna Restart since at the moment there's no front-end? Just a suggestion.
    We could do this, but then when people use an installer other than Preware to install Navit, and that other installer doesn't honour dependencies, then it's much harder to ask the user to tell us whether speechd is installed or not.

Just move the icon to the end of your least-used launcher page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    There is some problem when updating to the current speech dispatcher version (v0.7.1-4). I don't know yet why, but there are some files missing after the update. Removing and then reinstalling Speech Dispatcher restores all files, the system should be working then.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Working now removed dispatcher and Navit as Preware gave no option to remove one without the other. Installed dispatcher first then Navit. launcher report v0.7.1-4 and preware reports the same.
    Ok, the problem with upgrading _should_ be fixed with v0.7.1-5.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Upgrade to v0.7.1-5 worked fine, well done!
    Hi guys,

first I want to thank you for your great job, speech support is realy cool.
    Unfortunately, I have a small issue with it - it doesn't support Slovak language. I am creating an unofficial slovak localization for WebOS, which works quite well for me. The issue is that Navit doesn't speak (only when I switch the locale back to english). The webos version of Navit already contains support for slovak but I had to hack the locale support infrastructure and speech dispatcher packages to make it work (I use locale package v7.3.0 and speech dispatcher v0.7.1.5).
    The hacks were not complicated - for speech-dispatcher, I only needed to add a line saying 'AddVoice "sk" "MALE1" "sk"' to the /var/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf. For locale infrastructure, the hack was very 'dirty' - I simply copied the whole cs_CZ.utf8 directory into sk_SK.utf8, since czech locale settings are very similar to slovak (yes, this should be done in the proper way). With these hacks Navit displays slovak GUI and also speaks slovak.
    I would like to ask you to add "official" support for slovak into those packages, so that others can use it too without need for hacking. If you needed any help, I will try to give you as much support as I can.
    So what do you think, would this be possible?
    Ok, look out for the testing feed, I added your modifications, please test if it's good like that.
    Hi, I installed testing versions of both packages (locale 7.3.0-2 and speech-dispatcher 0.7.1-6) and speech output with sk locale in Navit worked without need for further hacking .
    many thanks!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I created a small shell script that uses espeak to say the content of the clipboard.

Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/lib
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/bin/espeak --path=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/share -f /tmp/webkit-clipboard -w out.wav --stdout | paplay -d pdefaultapp
    Shouldn't the library and share paths be hard coded at compile time?
    Hi, Im back with my request for patch to announce the name of an incomming caller. Did something changed with 2.1 updates?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    is there any progress for text to speech???
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Not until now. The webOS service is still missing. So it is only used by Navit.

HaPe

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hi guys,

I thought for such a good service and bit of coding, Speech Dispatcher deserves a revamped icon, so I've created a new icon - see below. It's based on the information icon created by palm (which I'm not entirely sure is allowed, but it was done with the best of intentions...)

It's my first attempt, so let me know if you think it's appropriate. I've replaced the icon on my pre3 at the moment - it looks good, but at smaller sizes perhaps needs to be simpler.

Cheers.

Ps. I still need to fix the reflection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Not until now. The webOS service is still missing.
    I'm embarrased to discover, three months late this article in Palm Developer Blog, by Josh Marinacci: Weekly App Hack - Text to speech.

Wouldn't it mean that any application could be able to speak?

There are many interesting applications, my favourite would Music Player Remix talking out the names of the songs it plays.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Is there a way to configure speech dispatcher to always output through the phone's speaker, even when connected to A2DP on bluetooth? I'd like the output from Navit to always be on the phone speaker since I pair to bluetooth while in the car effectively muting it if I am listening to the radio vs. streaming from the phone (pretty much always).
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Is this something that can be plugged in to text apps like Notes, ReadonTouch, Tapnote, OrganizeME, PDF, RSS readers, etc?

Is it difficult to make it happen?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Is there a way to configure speech dispatcher to always output through the phone's speaker, even when connected to A2DP on bluetooth? I'd like the output from Navit to always be on the phone speaker since I pair to bluetooth while in the car effectively muting it if I am listening to the radio vs. streaming from the phone (pretty much always).
    Look here: Forth Navit (speech dispatcher) to use the phone speaker when connected to BT/AD2P

Hape
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getsun View Post
    Is this something that can be plugged in to text apps like Notes, ReadonTouch, Tapnote, OrganizeME, PDF, RSS readers, etc?

Is it difficult to make it happen?
    Yes this cloud be done. somebody would need to write a simple webos service that accepts the text to speech and forward it to the speech-dispatcher.
    Then every app could use that service to speak. The current version can only be used by PDK apps.

I you would like to add speak output directly to a webOS app you could use this idea: HP webOS Developer Blog

Hape
    female voices don't work ( version 0.7.1-10 on Pre- with WebOS 2.1), when you execute :
    ./spd-say "some text" -t female2
    you get "Invalid voice" and the text is spoken with the default voice. To fix it edit /var/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf lines 52-54 to the following :
    AddVoice "en" "FEMALE1" "en+f1"
    AddVoice "en" "FEMALE2" "en+f2"
    AddVoice "en" "FEMALE3" "en+f3"
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi all,

beginning with version 0.7.1-14 (which is currently in the alpha feed) I added a javascript service. I updated the documentaion in the WIKI with the details: Application:SpeechDispatcher - WebOS Internals

The Mojo app now shows you the default audio channel and you can set is with the icon in the lower right corner. There is also a test button to test the selected audio channel and the service.

The attached patch can be used with this version to speak the incoming caller name.
    Be aware that you need to change the language in line 29 of the patch before install!
    You will get the best results if you use a ring tone with a little bit of silence at the beginning, because the speak output starts with the ringtone in the same volume. I diden't find a way to output it before the ringtone starts.
    You need to set the ringtone to a audio file with silence if you only want to have the name spoken.

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    60RH and MartinH@webos like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast