Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    So I just doctored my Pre to 1.4, then updated to 1.4.1.1 and happy that just about everything came along for the ride (though I still have to go find all those homebrew apps that weren't restored by the Backup utility).

    Before wiping, I used Save/Restore to make a savestate of all the supported apps (ClassicNote, Shop List, Mileage Monitor, etc.). Just in case, I hooked it into USB mode and transferred the entire "saverestore" folder to my PC and I was glad I did 'cause doctoring my Pre wiped that too (I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to withstand that...anyway...).

    So after all my apps have been restored, I booted up Save/Restore, but nothing will restore. =( It just simply says "Archive not restored" no matter if I try them all at once or one at a time.
    Any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    So I just doctored my Pre to 1.4, then updated to 1.4.1.1 and happy that just about everything came along for the ride (though I still have to go find all those homebrew apps that weren't restored by the Backup utility).

    Before wiping, I used Save/Restore to make a savestate of all the supported apps (ClassicNote, Shop List, Mileage Monitor, etc.). Just in case, I hooked it into USB mode and transferred the entire "saverestore" folder to my PC and I was glad I did 'cause doctoring my Pre wiped that too (I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to withstand that...anyway...).

    So after all my apps have been restored, I booted up Save/Restore, but nothing will restore. =( It just simply says "Archive not restored" no matter if I try them all at once or one at a time.
    Any suggestions?
    Not to bite but this should really be in the save/restore thread.
    Also I believe your answer is there as well. Is the folder that you saved to your pc a .zip or not? (hint hint, check recently in save/restore thread and recent changes to app)
  3. #3  
    <<Thread Moved>>

    Post Save/Restore questions here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    So I just doctored my Pre to 1.4, then updated to 1.4.1.1 and happy that just about everything came along for the ride (though I still have to go find all those homebrew apps that weren't restored by the Backup utility).

    Before wiping, I used Save/Restore to make a savestate of all the supported apps (ClassicNote, Shop List, Mileage Monitor, etc.). Just in case, I hooked it into USB mode and transferred the entire "saverestore" folder to my PC and I was glad I did 'cause doctoring my Pre wiped that too (I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to withstand that...anyway...).

    So after all my apps have been restored, I booted up Save/Restore, but nothing will restore. =( It just simply says "Archive not restored" no matter if I try them all at once or one at a time.
    Any suggestions?
    1. Did you go into Preware and update the saved Package list before running the Dr.?

    if yes... then proceed to 2.

    2. After you loaded Preware and Save Restore on your freshly Dr'd Pre, did you go into Preware and launch the saved package list and tap update before attempting to Restore from Save/Restore?

    if yes... then you either didn't do step 1. or you hadn't done it recently enough to have your apps and patches current. last thing...

    3. Try only selecting the Preware restore in the Restore list, then go into Preware and tap saved package list and see if your homebrew apps and patches are listed there. If so just tap install all.
  5. #5  
    Also, take a look at the front-page article today: http://www.precentral.net/saverestore

    Did you follow the directions completely? Specifically, did you look at #8 - "For each app that you plan on restoring data to, open and close each app in order to initialize the cookies and databases for that app"
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Specifically, did you look at #8 - "For each app that you plan on restoring data to, open and close each app in order to initialize the cookies and databases for that app"
    Yep, that is what Step 2 in my post above accomplishes for Preware.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yep, that is what Step 2 in my post above accomplishes for Preware.
    Oh... it appeared to me that he had already restored all the apps themselves. He said "So after all my apps have been restored, I booted up Save/Restore, but nothing will restore"... so, your #2 is to restore the apps themselves. but once they are loaded onto the device, you still need to open up EACH APP before a restore may work.

    Also, in your post, you said to
    "2. After you loaded Preware and Save Restore on your freshly Dr'd Pre, did you go into Preware and launch the saved package list and tap update before attempting to Restore from Save/Restore? "
    Tapping update would be a bad thing since that would then update the saved package list with the currently installed apps on the phone. Instead, he would need to tap "Install all" to actually install them
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Oh... it appeared to me that he had already restored all the apps themselves. He said "So after all my apps have been restored, I booted up Save/Restore, but nothing will restore"... so, your #2 is to restore the apps themselves. but once they are loaded onto the device, you still need to open up EACH APP before a restore may work.

    Also, in your post, you said to


    Tapping update would be a bad thing since that would then update the saved package list with the currently installed apps on the phone. Instead, he would need to tap "Install all" to actually install them
    First part... He said he had to still go find his Homebrew apps which made me believe he had not utilized the saved package list and still needed to install his Homebrew apps. and yes, after installing them item 8 must be done

    Second Part... On a freshly Dr'd Pre the only thing that would show up in the Saved Package list prior to running Save/Restore is Preware and Save/Restore. But going in and tapping update creates the db file so that Save/Restore can overwrite it with the one from before the Dr. Item 8 applies to Preware also.

    So after restoring the old db file all of his apps and patches should show up in the saved package list then he could tap install all.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    First part... He said he had to still go find his Homebrew apps which made me believe he had not utilized the saved package list and still needed to install his Homebrew apps. and yes, after installing them item 8 must be done

    Second Part... On a freshly Dr'd Pre the only thing that would show up in the Saved Package list prior to running Save/Restore is Preware and Save/Restore. But going in and tapping update creates the db file so that Save/Restore can overwrite it with the one from before the Dr. Item 8 applies to Preware also.

    So after restoring the old db file all of his apps and patches should show up in the saved package list then he could tap install all.
    fair enough!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  10.    #10  
    I appreciate everyone's help on the topic and I apologize for posting it in the wrong spot.
    To answer your questions, I had never used the Saved Pacakge List in Preware. I had no idea what it was for and just never touched it
    I also tried to restore the data before launching the program, then later launched them to confirm that nothing had been restored. And after a reset or two, I attempted to restore them again stil to no avail.

    So...what should have done to make this all work right and is there any hope in restoration still?
    Thanks again, everyone!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    I appreciate everyone's help on the topic and I apologize for posting it in the wrong spot.
    To answer your questions, I had never used the Saved Pacakge List in Preware. I had no idea what it was for and just never touched it
    I also tried to restore the data before launching the program, then later launched them to confirm that nothing had been restored. And after a reset or two, I attempted to restore them again stil to no avail.

    So...what should have done to make this all work right and is there any hope in restoration still?
    Thanks again, everyone!
    Please see my first post again, to make the question clearer, open the save/restore folder on your pc, open the first subfolder, it should contain a file is this file a .zip or not?
    But to spell it out, how long ago did you make the backup that you copied to your pc? Are you using the newest save/restore version from preware?
  12.    #12  
    Yes, the files are zipped. Am I supposed to unzip them first?
    And yes, I've been using the latest version of Preware and Save/Restore.

Posting Permissions