Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is it possible? I did a restore due to the lovely gmail/calendar syncing errors but I am away from my computer to reinstall preware and save/restore.

Anyone figured out a way to install it OTA only?

Should I even do it or just wait for the update? I know most patches are okay but maybe this would be beneficial... Thoughts?
    No OTA install....at this time.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    This should get preware on the phone, however you need to have terminal access to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    Installing Preware from Terminal, Novaterm or WebOS Quick Install "Linux Commandline"

If you have access to the command line of your webOS Device or emulator using Terminal, Novaterm, or other techniques, you can install Preware by typing three lines. This technique is always the shortest and in many ways the simplest, but if you are in any way unsure of operating at the linux command line, please use either of the methods described above.

cd /tmp
    wget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap
    sh preware-bootstrap

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    No OTA install....at this time.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Thought it was in the wrong place... Thanks for the move!
    Xorg tools has an option to install. Does this not work?
    file coaster also has access to the same feeds, but I never tried installing as I always have had it on my phone already..
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    file coaster also has access to the same feeds, but I never tried installing as I always have had it on my phone already..
    You need Optware bootstrap to do it, I've done it before, but I've been told it won't work now for some reason.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    fileCoaster does not properly install homebrew packages like Preware and others that have installation scripts that run as root.

Do not use fileCoaster for installing WebOS Internals applications.

Unless you already have a command-line terminal installed on your device (chicken and egg), you need a computer to install Preware. These days I recommend using the official Palm SDK and palm-install script to do so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Any new info on be able to due OTA installation of Preware? This would be a game changer...
    There will never be a no-other-homebrew-installed-already OTA installation of Preware. Period.

If that was possible, it would mean that webOS would have a catastrophic security vulnerability.

-- Rod