Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Version 0.2.3 should be stable, now with the ability to add multiple actions per trigger which cycles in a circular array. Let me know of any issues, and ideas.
    Awesome update. I can now hold and cycle between f->F->5. Just like the good old days of Keycaps.

Thanks!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Took a bit of tweaking. It is very responsive. I will likely need to work with it a bit more.

One quick thought was that it would be helpful to have some numbers to go with the sliders as a point of reference when making adjustments. Maybe in the final version?

Also, the ability to turn it off/on would be nice.
    I am running into issues. Several. Backspace sometimes freaks out and keeps going deleting an entire paragraph. Also, notifications would not show b/c KB was doubling.

Once again I resorted to deleting it b/c there is no way (that I see) to turn it off.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I am running into issues. Several. Backspace sometimes freaks out and keeps going deleting an entire paragraph. Also, notifications would not show b/c KB was doubling.

Once again I resorted to deleting it b/c there is no way (that I see) to turn it off.
    Could you tell me what settings you were using, what you were doing when you saw backspace issue and is it repeatable?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I have updated my feeds to 1.4.5 and still do not see the keyboss. I have had this issue every since I tried to remove it through preware and my phone froze and had to pull the battery. Then once it came back up keyboss was not on my phone, nor in preware? Any ideas.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I have updated my feeds to 1.4.5 and still do not see the keyboss. I have had this issue every since I tried to remove it through preware and my phone froze and had to pull the battery. Then once it came back up keyboss was not on my phone, nor in preware? Any ideas.
    1st post has a link to the testing feeds wiki

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    1st post has a link to the testing feeds wiki
    ok Ill check that out thanks again.
    Could you tell me what settings you were using, what you were doing when you saw backspace issue and is it repeatable?
    Yes, it may be repeatable. It happened last night so I made adj to the settings hoping it would fix. It happened again today so I think it is intermitent.

Hold
    1 Default
    2 Caps
    3 Func

Tap
    1 Default
    2 Default
    3 Default
    (note: I did not set the Tap options. I did play with them and deleted. Default showed up after that)

'Hold Adj' set just before 1/2
    Both Repeat Adjs set about 1/4

Hope this helps.
    Under Preware I see Userspace Input Module 1.4.2-97 and Keyboss 0.2.3.

When I start Keyboss I get a message that "uinput device cannnot be opened..."

Have tried Luna and Device restarts.

Any suggestions?
    still cant find keyboss updated feeds and all are working correctly. When I search for it, nothing comes up. My only solution I can think of is if someone present the IPK for it to me then I can try to install it via quickinstall or internalz.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    org.webosinternals.keyboss_0.2.3_arm
    aww goodlooking war thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Under Preware I see Userspace Input Module 1.4.2-97 and Keyboss 0.2.3.

When I start Keyboss I get a message that "uinput device cannnot be opened..."

Have tried Luna and Device restarts.

Any suggestions?
    Removed Keyboss and Userspace Input / restarted / reinstalled. Still getting an error message in Keyboss that Uinput not installed.

Argh!
    Removed Keyboss and Userspace Input / restarted / reinstalled. Still getting an error message in Keyboss that Uinput not installed.

Argh!
    userspace should be 1.4.5-97 I just installed both and both are fine. Check your feeds, and look for that version of userpace.
  14.    #154  

Argh!
    hmm there seems to be an odd issue getting it built, the 1.4.2 package doesn't include the module in it. I'll look into it.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    userspace should be 1.4.5-97 I just installed both and both are fine. Check your feeds, and look for that version of userpace.
    I think the version number often matches the version of WebOS that you are running.

I am on WebOS 1.4.2 (ATT PRE+).
    I am guessing that you are on WebOS 1.4.5.
    I think the version number often matches the version of WebOS that you are running.

I am on WebOS 1.4.2 (ATT PRE+).
    I am guessing that you are on WebOS 1.4.5.
    oh ok that makes sense, I think also egaudet just posted prior there is a issue that needs to be fixed for your version.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    org.webosinternals.keyboss_0.2.3_arm
    Please remove that attachment, as now you have enabled someone to get a single version of the package and not be in a position to be notified by Preware of updates to fix bugs.

The person requesting the file should fix the underlying problem of why they do not have their Preware feeds configured correctly.

Thanks,
    -- Rod

Edit: attachment removed. thanks warlord9159
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/24/2010 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please remove that attachment, as now you have enabled someone to get a single version of the package and not be in a position to be notified by Preware of updates to fix bugs.

The person requesting the file should fix the underlying problem of why they do not have their Preware feeds condigured correctly.

-- Rod
    Sorry It's removed
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

A quick fix for restarting keyboss is to execute the command 'killall org.webosinternals.keyboss' in Terminal. I usually have to do this after I install/update through Preware and notice backspace/enter/space don't work on VKB, AKA Keyboss app error about uinput, and I having experienced any repercussions from doing this.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  20.    #160  

Argh!
    Should be fixed, remove and reinstall uinput and let me know how it goes.

-Eric G

Donate
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast