Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Maybe Keyboss and UINput just won't work for my Pre Plus. I've tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing changes with the virtual keyboard. Maybe there is an issue with Pre Plus's. Has anyone else with a Pre Plus tried Keyboss and UINput? And, just incase it makes a difference, I have Verizon. Or maybe there is a patch messing up keyboss and UINput. IDK, just a thought, but I doubt it is a patch. Any ideas, anyone?
    Keyboss sort of works on my ATT Pre+. I can configure Hold for Caps or Doubletap for function, but not both. The config app only lets me select one or the other.

I am running Uberkernel 1.4.2-87.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Keyboss sort of works on my ATT Pre+. I can configure Hold for Caps or Doubletap for function, but not both. The config app only lets me select one or the other.

I am running Uberkernel 1.4.2-87.
    Well, I have Uberkernal too. At least your Pre Plus lets you do something with Keyboss. When I open the Keyboss app it doesn't say that UINput isn't there. It let's me choose the option of hold for caps and doubletap for function, but it doesn't actually work. Ugh, IDK what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Well, I have Uberkernal too. At least your Pre Plus lets you do something with Keyboss. When I open the Keyboss app it doesn't say that UINput isn't there. It let's me choose the option of hold for caps and doubletap for function, but it doesn't actually work. Ugh, IDK what to do.
    My VZW Pre Plus with stock kernel doesn't save KeyBoss settings when they are modified and the card is closed. Not a big deal for me though since I prefer the defaults.

Scratch that! It does save the settings, but the KeyBoss app is either not reading or not displaying the correct values. If I close the card with the toggles ON, reopening the card shows them OFF although they are in effect. Opening the card shows them OFF, but changing them ON then OFF turns them off.
    Last edited by dagumcp; 08/09/2010 at 09:25 AM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    swieder, SmoothCriminal:

Have you tried starting from scratch: uninstall keyboss/uinput/vkb, reboot, install latest keyboss/uinput/vkb, reboot? This fixed a couple of the issues I was having.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    swieder, SmoothCriminal:

Have you tried starting from scratch: uninstall keyboss/uinput/vkb, reboot, install latest keyboss/uinput/vkb, reboot? This fixed a couple of the issues I was having.
    I am running Keyboss 0.1.3 and uinput 1.4.2-66. Are these the latest?

I can try remove/reboot/reinstall. How does virtual keyboard fit into this?
    I am running Keyboss 0.1.3 and uinput 1.4.2-66. Are these the latest?

I can try remove/reboot/reinstall. How does virtual keyboard fit into this?
    I have version 1.4.1-96 of uinput (org.webosinternals.modules.uinput-pre last updated 8/4) which is what shows up in the webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1 feed.

As far as virtual keyboard, these packages provide the emulation needed for backspace/space/enter to work throughout WebOS.
    I have version 1.4.1-96 of uinput (org.webosinternals.modules.uinput-pre last updated 8/4) which is what shows up in the webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1 feed.

As far as virtual keyboard, these packages provide the emulation needed for backspace/space/enter to work throughout WebOS.
    Interesting that the newer version of Uinput did not get listed as an update in Preware. I was able to manually find and install the -96 version.

EDIT: Even stranger. Now I have two versions of Uniput shown as installed. Removing both along with Keyboss, Luna restart and will reinstall correctly.

EDIT2: Still can only move one slider to on at a time. Either Caps can be on or Func can be on, but Keyboss wont let me turn both on at the same time.
    Last edited by swieder; 08/09/2010 at 01:01 PM.
    swieder, SmoothCriminal:

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. If you read my other posts you would of known that, no offense.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Interesting that the newer version of Uinput did not get listed as an update in Preware. I was able to manually find and install the -96 version.

EDIT: Even stranger. Now I have two versions of Uniput shown as installed. Removing both along with Keyboss, Luna restart and will reinstall correctly.

EDIT2: Still can only move one slider to on at a time. Either Caps can be on or Func can be on, but Keyboss wont let me turn both on at the same time.
    heres a crazier part, I unistalled keyboss since it stopped working after the update, and now I cant find it anywhere on preware???
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres a crazier part, I unistalled keyboss since it stopped working after the update, and now I cant find it anywhere on preware???
    Check your feeds in Preware. You probably have the needed feeds turned off.
    hey! really would like to see keyboss work with symbols in stead of Caps.
    can add in a switch for hold for symbols?

Chris
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Symbols are there with 2xtap.

I have a feeling that Keyboss is what is messing up my speed-dial. I'll test that guess this weekend.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    erik, I just tried installing keyboss, and am having the same issue as others, where Keyboss states that the Usespace Input Module is not installed.

I have the SR71 kernel if that makes a difference. I first installed the Userspace Input Module, then Keyboss, and rebooted the phone (a full reboot, not just a luna restart). Then, I reinstalled the Virtual Keyboard.

Everything installed w/o any hiccup or error, but Keyboss still thinks that the Userspace Input Module is not installed. I launched UIModule, but there doesn't seem to be anything there when it's running, just a blank screen with a pill-label at the top with the app name. Is there supposed to be anything in the app?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Uh oh. I just made a big mistake. After a device restart, I went to start up KeyBoss again and got that UInput error message. So I uninstalled KB and opened PreWare to re-install it. But it's nowhere to be found! Not in applications or List of Everything! Wazzup?! I need this little app. Typing is a pita without it. Especially in the car.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    I tried the latest test release of KeyBoss. Like the idea of the option to chose functionality but it caused other issues.

I could not type any letter 2x no matter how I set the sliders. Also it did not "turn off" after a reset and with no option to enable/disable I resorted to deleting it again.

Here's to hoping it will get a quick fix...
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I tried the latest test release of KeyBoss. Like the idea of the option to chose functionality but it caused other issues.

I could not type any letter 2x no matter how I set the sliders. Also it did not "turn off" after a reset and with no option to enable/disable I resorted to deleting it again.

Here's to hoping it will get a quick fix...
    Yeah I caught that 2x issue right after pushing, it's fixed but seemingly not built into feed yet. I'll check the autobuilder.

Enable/disable ability is next on the list.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Yeah I caught that 2x issue right after pushing, it's fixed but seemingly not built into feed yet. I'll check the autobuilder.

Great! I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post

I still can't find it anywhere using Preware. Shouldn't something be showing up, if not the latest version?
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I still can't find it anywhere using Preware. Shouldn't something be showing up, if not the latest version?
    v0.2.3 is in the testing feed...

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  20.    #140  
    Version 0.2.3 should be stable, now with the ability to add multiple actions per trigger which cycles in a circular array. Let me know of any issues, and ideas.

-Eric G

Donate
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast