Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 284
  1. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    uinput package was renamed to include device in name so that both pre/pixi can be supported. If you already have it installed on pre, you can leave it as the package hasn't changed and I'll let you know if it updates (unlikely as it's just a kernel module) while in testing feed.

    uinput-pre and uinput-pixi should be in testing-kernels feed shortly.
    Interesting... over the weekend after a reset when my battery died, I had to reinstall UInput and KB a few times, in a specific order, to get them to work.
    Now I know...
    1. Uninstall BOTH when I see an issue.
    2. Install UInput.
    3. Device reset.
    4. Install Keyboss.
    5. (at least a Luna Reset)
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  2. #102  
    OK I NEED HELP!!!! I can't keyboss or uniput module anywhere! Can some help me please???
  3. #103  
    Recently when backspace doesn't work and opening Keyboss shows an error that the uinput device cannot be opened, an 'lsmod' shows uinput is still loaded, but not being used. I could also fully restart the phone and I still get the error. The solution has been to uninstall and reinstall Keyboss and it works again immediately. As for my setup these are the only testing app/module I have installed along with stock kernel and few homebrew apps including internalz, terminal and zcorder.

    Anyone else experience this?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    OK I NEED HELP!!!! I can't keyboss or uniput module anywhere! Can some help me please???
    Carefully follow the author's instructions in the first post. If you are having problems figuring it out then generally you shouldn't be messing around with alpha software, but you can do it! Have fun!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Carefully follow the author's instructions in the first post. If you are having problems figuring it out then generally you shouldn't be messing around with alpha software, but you can do it! Have fun!
    Thanks. I figured it out, found a link for the download. I'm installing now...lets see how it goes.
  6. #106  
    Ok, so, I downloaded it. I downloaded Uinput, did a restart, downloaded keyboss, did a restart, and what do I get? NOTHING. Absolutely NO change what so ever.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Ok, so, I downloaded it. I downloaded Uinput, did a restart, downloaded keyboss, did a restart, and what do I get? NOTHING. Absolutely NO change what so ever.
    Bummer. What are you going to do now as an effective alpha tester to debug your failure to install it correctly and then report back?

    -- Rod
  8. #108  
    To follow up from my earlier posts, when backspace/enter stop working in Virtual Keyboard, killing the keyboss process (using terminal) and the subsequent restart resolves the issue. I'll try and keep track of what I do until it breaks again.

    Edit: actually I was anxious and killed off all of the org.webosinternals.* processes that I had running since the names are all concatenated as "org.webosintern" using "ps -A"

    Update: I woke up and space/backspace/enter were not working.......maybe it's backups interfering. At least the quick 'kill' is quicker and easier than uninstall/install/restart. I'll check before and after 11pm since backups occur between then.
    Last edited by dagumcp; 08/03/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  9. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #109  
    After a few F105 kernel updates today (and successive device restarts), I can't get KeyBoss to install at all. *Sorry, it does install, it just won't fully load. Once the gui appears, I get the message; sometimes it doesn't appear until I try to move one of the toggles.

    I've tried every variation of uninstalling and installing KB and UInput that I can think of and I keep getting the error notification that UInput isn't installed.
    Very frustrating.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    To follow up from my earlier posts, when backspace/enter stop working in Virtual Keyboard, killing the keyboss process (using terminal) and the subsequent restart resolves the issue. I'll try and keep track of what I do until it breaks again.

    Edit: actually I was anxious and killed off all of the org.webosinternals.* processes that I had running since the names are all concatenated as "org.webosintern" using "ps -A"

    Update: I woke up and space/backspace/enter were not working.......maybe it's backups interfering. At least the quick 'kill' is quicker and easier than uninstall/install/restart. I'll check before and after 11pm since backups occur between then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    After a few F105 kernel updates today (and successive device restarts), I can't get KeyBoss to install at all. *Sorry, it does install, it just won't fully load. Once the gui appears, I get the message; sometimes it doesn't appear until I try to move one of the toggles.

    I've tried every variation of uninstalling and installing KB and UInput that I can think of and I keep getting the error notification that UInput isn't installed.
    Very frustrating.
    The order shouldn't matter as long as you do a device restart after both are installed.

    I plan to put development time into the app this week so if you guys can find me on irc to debug/replicate these issues that would help. Thanks

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  11. #111  
    I loved Keycaps and am glad to see the development of Keyboss.

    I have tried moving both sliders to the far left and right, and the caps and symbols appear at the same speed regardless.

    I prefer to see holding a key cycle from lower case to uppercase to symbol, but could live with it the way Keyboss is if the sliders worked and I could increase the speed the double tap would need to cause the symbol to appear, in order to allow normal typing speed not to cause symbols to appear when i type the same letter twice in a row.

    Great work, keep tweaking it!
  12. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #112  
    Working great after that UInput update!

    For those that want to try it, you still have to install/reinstall KeyBoss after any device reset. Luna reset is optional [not necessary].
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    For those that want to try it, you still have to install/reinstall KeyBoss after any device reset.
    That is not the case with the latest release.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is not the case with the latest release.

    -- Rod
    That was not my experience.
    When I installed both and then did a device reset (as egaudet instructed) this morning, I continued to get the error telling me that UInput was not installed. I immediately uninstalled and then reinstalled KeyBoss and it worked perfectly after that.
    [Now, if there's been an update since this morning... then I'll retract that! Lemme go look.]
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  15. #115  
    Hmm, there must still be a residual bug if that is your experience, because Eric has designed it so that it should persist across device reboots.

    -- Rod
  16.    #116  
    There may be a race condition with the KeyBoss service starting and the uinput module loading. I'll work on the upstart scripts.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  17. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #117  
    Very interesting.
    Yesterday, I was also using the Uberkernel-97 kernel and what I described was accurate. But since it was devouring my battery and making the Pre uncomfortably hot most of the time, I removed it this morning and went back to F105-99.
    Amazingly, KB survived and didn't require a reinstall. Now, the fun part.
    At first, even though I had toggled the switches to turn it on, there was not the expected input from the keys- they acted as if there was no KB.
    I went back and opened KB and noticed that the toggles had moved back to OFF position. I moved them back to on. Still no input reaction.
    After waiting a little while and playing a few games & checking FB, I decided to fiddle with it again. The toggles were still off, so I switched them on and then left the card open to see if I could observe the toggle moving. When I opened messaging, the key input moved as it should with KB active! But the toggles had both switched back to OFF! I threw the card away, and sure enough, KB continued to work. Opened it up- toggles were still OFF.
    Soooo, KB is working now, but the KB GUI indicates that it's not. I'll take that (for now).
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  18. #118  
    Sorry, I took awhile to post again (family issues ). But, anyway, I unistalled uinput and then unistalled keyboss. I reinstalled uinput, restarted, then I reinstalled keyboss, luna restarted, again...NOTHING. IDK what I am doing wrong.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Interesting... over the weekend after a reset when my battery died, I had to reinstall UInput and KB a few times, in a specific order, to get them to work.
    Now I know...
    1. Uninstall BOTH when I see an issue.
    2. Install UInput.
    3. Device reset.
    4. Install Keyboss.
    5. (at least a Luna Reset)
    This did the trick for me. Although I didn't need to do a luna restart as a last step. Before going through your steps I kept experiencing problems where I received the message stating that the UInput service wasn't running. Even after attempts of uninstalling and reinstalling the UInput service.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by pharbrian View Post
    This did the trick for me. Although I didn't need to do a luna restart as a last step. Before going through your steps I kept experiencing problems where I received the message stating that the UInput service wasn't running. Even after attempts of uninstalling and reinstalling the UInput service.
    Maybe Keyboss and UINput just won't work for my Pre Plus. I've tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing changes with the virtual keyboard. Maybe there is an issue with Pre Plus's. Has anyone else with a Pre Plus tried Keyboss and UINput? And, just incase it makes a difference, I have Verizon. Or maybe there is a patch messing up keyboss and UINput. IDK, just a thought, but I doubt it is a patch. Any ideas, anyone?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions