Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I would like to see a slider added to adjust double tap sensitivity. Typing sp1ed is limited by having to pause for consecutive le3ers (note my typos). Anyone else agr1e?
    I too find that double tapping is too difficult to remember and control, so I have disabled using the double tap feature for symbols.

Instead, I like the earlier suggestions to extend the hold feature to cycle through to uppercase and then to symbol.

Since uppercase and symbols are less frequent, the delay of holding a key to get these characters would be minimal and would not reduce overall typing speeds too much.

Just my two cents... plee3
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    I would like to see a slider added to adjust double tap sensitivity. Typing sp1ed is limited by having to pause for consecutive le3ers (note my typos). Anyone else agr1e?
    Absolutely. I noticed the same thing. Not too hard to adjust to. I only make the mistake one time per "session".
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I have installed vkb, keyboss and uinput. All worked well but I noticed that my batt life sucked. I have the Seidio 2600MAh batt and easily get 24-36hrs use. Now I was barely getting 18-20hrs. I also noticed my batt running about 12 degrees F hotter. I started running Battery Monitor and found my usage to be 8-9%/hr where I normally get 3-4%/hr. The only thing I had installed recently was the 3 keybd apps and I read ppl having issued with keyboss so I uninstalled keyboss but kept the other 2. My batt returned to normal. I came on here to report and I was surprised that no one else had this issue so I decided to reinstall. The same symptoms returned so I uninstalled again and now back to normal. FWIW, I have a Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1
    I also experienced incredible battery draining when I had KeyBoss installed. I only had it on my Pre a day or two (the battery draining was so severe that I had to remove it pretty quickly when I suspected that was what was causing the drain as I had things to do I needed my phone for) so was slightly reluctant to report it here, but my battery was just draining like mad. I didn't do any battery monitoring tests, but I reckon my battery was probably draining at well over 10% per hour. I was on a o2 UK Pre with 1.4.1.
    I feel like an ***** cus I'm normally good at this but I can't find uinput on preware. I have both testing feeds
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I feel like an ***** cus I'm normally good at this but I can't find uinput on preware. I have both testing feeds
    Check the feed address that I listed in an earlier post on this thread. (hint: post #40)
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    the other issue I see is that every now and then the keyboss is not shown installed on my phone, (I notice this once i can no longer backspace then opening keyboss and getting an error mesg stating I need the kernal installed to run this program). So i have to unistall and reinstall the keyboss, which works, but of course maybe the developer can look into this as well thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    What is preventing you from turning on both?
    I just installed Keyboss and uinput and I really appreciate the work Eric did to recreate the KeyCaps functionality that we had on the Treo. However, I too am only able to switch on either Hold for caps or Doubletap for func. I cannot switch them both on at the same time.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So, I'm finally getting used to using this all the time. I can really increase my speed without using the shift or [orange] buttons.
    What I'd like to see is having it load after a reset. Maybe publish it as a patch (there are only three options: one or the other or both, right?) and have the app there so it can be turned OFF easily, but on by default. The app could also be used just for the adjustment of button timing (bottom two sliders).
    My $0.02.

[Sprint Pre; F105-85]
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Interesting. When I tried to start KeyBoss this morning, I got a message that the UInput module wasn't responding or installed (not sure about the exact wording).
    I checked in Preware, and it was there. So I did a Luna restart and tried again. Same message.
    So I uninstalled the Userspace Input Module and then reinstalled it. In the process, I noticed that it was modifying the kernel.
    I was wondering if one of the F105 updates modified some code that let KB know that UIM was installed? Or maybe it really did disable it, but Preware still saw the relevant code that indicated it was installed?
    Just wondering.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Interesting. When I tried to start KeyBoss this morning, I got a message that the UInput module wasn't responding or installed (not sure about the exact wording).
    I checked in Preware, and it was there. So I did a Luna restart and tried again. Same message.
    So I uninstalled the Userspace Input Module and then reinstalled it. In the process, I noticed that it was modifying the kernel.
    I was wondering if one of the F105 updates modified some code that let KB know that UIM was installed? Or maybe it really did disable it, but Preware still saw the relevant code that indicated it was installed?
    Just wondering.
    It does not modify the kernel, it is a kernel module. Restarting Luna has no effect on it either, restarting the device should "reload" it. Also I'd be curious to know the steps that were taken between it working and then reporting uinput not installed.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It does not modify the kernel, it is a kernel module. Restarting Luna has no effect on it either, restarting the device should "reload" it. Also I'd be curious to know the steps that were taken between it working and then reporting uinput not installed.
    There was really nothing of consequence- I did do some updates on Preware, one of which was for the F105 Kernel. I believe that Save/Restore was also updated. Other updates were for apps like "What's for Dinner" and "Moon Phase"- there might have been other Palm Catalog apps, but not many.

Also, in order to see that notification, I had tried to open up KeyBoss in order to confirm that settings were correct. First time, I got the notification. I closed it, then reloaded it- second time, I DIDN'T get the notification, but I was unable effect any changes on the GUI. Nothing moved. So I closed and then did the Luna reset (thinking that maybe the UIM would get "noticed"). All steps^ repeated.
  12.    #92  
    There was really nothing of consequence- I did do some updates on Preware, one of which was for the F105 Kernel. I believe that Save/Restore was also updated. Other updates were for apps like "What's for Dinner" and "Moon Phase"- there might have been other Palm Catalog apps, but not many.

Also, in order to see that notification, I had tried to open up KeyBoss in order to confirm that settings were correct. First time, I got the notification. I closed it, then reloaded it- second time, I DIDN'T get the notification, but I was unable effect any changes on the GUI. Nothing moved. So I closed and then did the Luna reset (thinking that maybe the UIM would get "noticed"). All steps^ repeated.
    Does restarting the device fix it and does it happen frequently or was it a one time deal after updating kernel? Did you reboot device after kernel update?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Does restarting the device fix it and does it happen frequently or was it a one time deal after updating kernel? Did you reboot device after kernel update?
    No, restarting the device didn't fix it- I only did that because the notification said that I would need to after checking to make sure that UIM was installed/loaded.
    I think it happened after each of the last few F105 kernel updates, but only on this last one did I get the notification. Previously, KB would simply not load on reset (after kernel update).
    I just tried both a Luna reset and a full device reboot. KB worked correctly after the Luna reset, but did not load after a full device reset.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I still haven't reinstalled KeyBoss following my battery life problems when I had it installed, but was wondering if double tapping the space bar to insert a period and space a la iPhone and BlackBerry (I think) is possible with KeyBoss, and if there are plans to add this functionality?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Interesting. After the last update, I again had to do a device reset.
    Again, KB didn't load and when I tried to run it, I got the same message (I took a screenshot if you'd like to see it).
    This time, I checked Preware and it said that the UI module was installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled it [2 more device resets]. Still no working Key Boss.
    I uninstalled KB and reinstalled [2 more device resets]. It still didn't load after the reset by itself, but this time it worked when I loaded it.
    Just FYI. I know this is ALPHA, so I want to give as much feedback as possible.
  16.    #96  
    Just FYI. I know this is ALPHA, so I want to give as much feedback as possible.
    That's EXACTLY what alpha is for Thanks for the reports!

Right now my (self-assigned) development priorities are pulling me away from KeyBoss but as soon as I get the chance to get back to KeyBoss development (and there's a lot I want to do here) I will look into this in more detail.

-Eric G

Donate
    Thanks for your work on KeyBoss egaudet. Did you ever get a chance to port the UI Kernel to the Pixi hardware? I'd love to help with some alpha testing.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Another thing that needs attention.
    When I dbl-press a key to get the [function]+key character and it's the first character of a line/sentence, I get both the regular character and the [function]character. For instance, if I want to start a message with "$", I quickly press [HH]; what I get is "h$".
    I wonder if backups make uinput stop working (and require a device restart). Also, is anyone else having problems adding and saving contacts after installing this?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  20.    #100  
    uinput package was renamed to include device in name so that both pre/pixi can be supported. If you already have it installed on pre, you can leave it as the package hasn't changed and I'll let you know if it updates (unlikely as it's just a kernel module) while in testing feed.

uinput-pre and uinput-pixi should be in testing-kernels feed shortly.

-Eric G

Donate
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast