Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I'm happy to jump into the testing when it hits Beta mode, but I can't risk too much downtime with Alpha testing.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Well it's in the webos-kernels-testing feed so having the webos-internals feed on or off doesn't matter.

You are absolutely correct. Whoops a daisy on my part
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Fixed in Preware 1.1.6 (in the testing feed)

-- Rod
    I am running Preware 1.1.4 and have the following test feeds added:
    webos-testing-all
    webos-testing-armv7
    webos-kernels-testing

What is the testing feed for Preware 1.1.6?

EDIT: Found it. Was able to update Userspace Input Module.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    What does the "Initial Delay" do? (Sounds like how long it will delay before giving the Uppercase character?) When I slide it left so that it's at least under the "a" in Initial (or even further left), I find it very easy to get two spaces for every spacebar and the backspace will erase two-at-a-time as well (and it will almost be impossible to not get that double action).

I can also replicate the report that anytime the system is already set to give you a Capitalized first character, if you try to double-tap to get the symbol, it'll give you the lowercase and then give you the symbol. The system already lowercases an auto-capitalized letter when you first backspace (instead of erasing the auto-capitalized letter), so that system behavior seems to be activated ahead of the KeyBoss behavior, and then KeyBoss adds in the symbol character after.

====================================
    I'm on a Pre, 1.4.1.1, Sprint, Warthog 1.4.1-69
    I installed VKB today and the add-ons (uinput and keyboss). I installed all three because I've been reading that some of the issues with VKB in the browser have been fixed with hard KB emulation. However I have a few issues: when editting text in a browser, backspace still does not work (actually backspace does not work in universal search either), and also if I input text using VKB, the hard KB no longer works unless I close the browser and reopen it. I apologize if these are known issues, since I am new to VKB its hard to isolate bugs to VKB or the add-ons.

edit: works now after a reset
    Last edited by illadelphatic; 07/11/2010 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    What is preventing you from turning on both?
    Eric - are you able to reproduce the issue with the slide switches?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    +1
    (a->A->&) or even (a->&->A)

i just love holding for symbols! caps are not as important for me hehe
    I would love this functionality as well, if it is possible to add it. a->A->&

Thank you!
    So far have had good luck. But I have noticed if the phone restarts, which I do everyday with PresetReset that it turns off. Is there anyway to keep it on after a Restart of the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    So far have had good luck. But I have noticed if the phone restarts, which I do everyday with PresetReset that it turns off. Is there anyway to keep it on after a Restart of the Pre?
    I thought Preset Reset had the option to launch applications. Can you tell it to launch Keyboss?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I assume Eric is not making settings stick on purpose until we get at least out of alpha testing. I wouldn't expect settings to stick for this until at least halfway through beta. If something went horribly wrong, a reset or battery pull would fix it. Otherwise, you'd be stuck...
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I thought Preset Reset had the option to launch applications. Can you tell it to launch Keyboss?
    Preset Reset, could restart the app, but not turn the "off" switches to "on"
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    I assume Eric is not making settings stick on purpose until we get at least out of alpha testing. I wouldn't expect settings to stick for this until at least halfway through beta. If something went horribly wrong, a reset or battery pull would fix it. Otherwise, you'd be stuck...
    That makes since...
    Just a few things I have noticed....

1) The Initial Delay needs to be longer. I am not a fast typer and I accidently double tap for function when I don't want to.

2)Also I have noticed that when I type a "letter" and then a "space" and then if the next "letter" is the same as the one before the "space" it is treated as a double tap for function also. So for example if I pressed "f" then a "space" and then "f" again, it will put "5" instead of the second "f". This only happens if I type somewhat fast, but then that goes back to #1... I need to slow down the Initial Delay more.

3) I have noticed a few apps that respond poorly and get unresponsive with Keyboss. For example if I enter an amount in Checkbook and I do a Double Tap for function (accidently) it get unresponsive until I leave that field and re-enter it.

Other than that still great! I think a slower initial delay setting would fix all of these problems for me.
    after using the keyboss and kernal with this I have noticed that sometimes the backspace does not work at one point. Though a solution has been just removing the keyboss application, then reapplying it, I think the issue is that keyboss is not sticking. Also before deleting it when the backspace stops working, clicking on the icon advises with a error stating I have to have the kernal installed when I already have done so.
    I'm experiencing the same issue as reported earlier in the thread. After installing both the UI Kernel from the test kernel feed and the KeyBoss application from the test feed, I attempt to open KeyBoss and get an error saying UI Kernel is not installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled in these orders and still get an error:

FAIL
    install UI Kernel
    install KeyBoss

FAIL
    install KeyBoss
    install UI Kernel

Was there ever a resolution to this?
    What should I try next to resolve this?

Device: Palm Pixi
    OS Version: 1.4.1.1
    Carrier: Verizon
    Kernel: UberKernel

Thanks
    Last edited by marfpilf; 07/13/2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Forgot the prereqs
    Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue as reported earlier in the thread. After installing both the UI Kernel from the test kernel feed and the KeyBoss application from the test feed, I attempt to open KeyBoss and get an error saying UI Kernel is not installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled in these orders and still get an error:

FAIL
    install UI Kernel
    install KeyBoss

FAIL
    install KeyBoss
    install UI Kernel

Was there ever a resolution to this?
    What should I try next to resolve this?

Device: Palm Pixi
    OS Version: 1.4.1.1
    Carrier: Verizon
    Kernel: UberKernel

Thanks
    yep i have not much success on the pixi too. altought i have tried again recently.
  17.    #77  
    I don't have a Pixi to test on so I'll need a willing alpha tester in IRC some time.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I'll volunteer for this. I'll be in IRC buggin ya around 6p EDT or later... I'll just hang around until you have time if that's ok.

Thanks!
    I have installed vkb, keyboss and uinput. All worked well but I noticed that my batt life sucked. I have the Seidio 2600MAh batt and easily get 24-36hrs use. Now I was barely getting 18-20hrs. I also noticed my batt running about 12 degrees F hotter. I started running Battery Monitor and found my usage to be 8-9%/hr where I normally get 3-4%/hr. The only thing I had installed recently was the 3 keybd apps and I read ppl having issued with keyboss so I uninstalled keyboss but kept the other 2. My batt returned to normal. I came on here to report and I was surprised that no one else had this issue so I decided to reinstall. The same symptoms returned so I uninstalled again and now back to normal. FWIW, I have a Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1
    I would like to see a slider added to adjust double tap sensitivity. Typing sp1ed is limited by having to pause for consecutive le3ers (note my typos). Anyone else agr1e?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast