Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Running Keyboss v0.1.3 hold for caps works great on my hard keyboard.

Thanks for your work on this. My KeyCaps withdrawals are fading.

I can turn on either Hold for Caps or Doubletap for Func, but not both. I would like to use both.

Holding longer for Symbols would be perfect for me. (a->A->&).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I tried to recreate the sym key error (which I was talking about the vkb sym key) but the vkb will not register spaces or back spaces. I will try to reboot and do it again later.
    I have the testing feed but i cannot find uinput. What am I doing wrong here? is there something I need to do to refresh the testing feed besides updating preware?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Double tap for symbols works fine now, none of the dodgy text input/dropped characters from v 0.1.1.

I've turned it off for now though; doesn't seem too useful as it's kind of slow to type out any words which have doubled up letters, which occur a fair amount (9 words in this post alone ) - hopefully someone will come up with a more convenient suggestion which lets us do both quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I have the testing feed but i cannot find uinput. What am I doing wrong here? is there something I need to do to refresh the testing feed besides updating preware?
    You should first go to Index of /feeds/ to make sure you are entering the correct feed in Preware, but I just checked and the feeds were down a minute ago and are back up.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    Read page 2. If you did already, read it again.
    Love this app, two things i see.
    1. Is there a way to change the timing of the double tap, im now having a problem where im getting dashes in normal typing when i have things like double ss.
    2. When you are tying to start a sentence with a number, like new text message. if you double tap say f you will get the f and the 5.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Running Keyboss v0.1.3 hold for caps works great on my hard keyboard.

Thanks for your work on this. My KeyCaps withdrawals are fading.

I can turn on either Hold for Caps or Doubletap for Func, but not both. I would like to use both.

What is preventing you from turning on both?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    What is preventing you from turning on both?
    Not sure, but I haven't been able to do both either. If you swipe one on, the other become inoperable.
    Last edited by irateb; 07/08/2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: More explanation
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    Love this app, two things i see.
    1. Is there a way to change the timing of the double tap, im now having a problem where im getting dashes in normal typing when i have things like double ss.
    2. When you are tying to start a sentence with a number, like new text message. if you double tap say f you will get the f and the 5.
    1. I guess once Eric gets it working as he'd like, that he'd add options to change the timing, just like KeyCaps had. Unless he can't, in which case, sucks for us lol.

2. I guess that's the auto-capitalization's fault. The first f registers, then your next f should make the first f capitalized, but I assume the auto-capitalization and the Keyboss together are causing a lower case f and the number instead of just the number. This is just a guess though, I'm sure there's a more scientific answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Not sure, but I haven't been able to do both either. If you swipe one on, the other become inoperable.
    same issue for me. I can turn on one or the other, but not both.

ATT Pre+ with Uberkernel.

EDIT: Funny. Now both are on. Seems like the slider on/off button is sticky?

EDIT2: Opened Keyboss, both switches were off and I can only turn one on at a time. Strange.

EDIT3: Had Hold for CAPS on. Closed/Opened Keyboss and Hold for Caps was Off

EDIT4: Hold for Caps on and Double for Func off, Double taping works as if its on.
    Last edited by swieder; 07/08/2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Keyboss appears to do everything expected for me at this point. I have noticed a bit of a slow down from time to time (that be related to Keyboss). Typed input from hard keyboard appears delayed. It could be related to Mode Switcher restarting a mode in background as well.

BLiip
    +1
    (a->A->&) or even (a->&->A)

i just love holding for symbols! caps are not as important for me hehe
    Once I found the proper feeds and got the files installed it so far seems to be working great. Have not noticed any negative side effects yet. This is Great! I used a simular app on my Palm Treo 755p. I love to be able to hold or double tap for caps and function. I wish phone manufactures did this by default. And also to be able to use backspace on the web with virtual keyboard is Great! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    +1
    (a->A->&) or even (a->&->A)

i just love holding for symbols! caps are not as important for me hehe
    Option to do either or would be neat. But I am so very happy to do this compared to pressing shift and function keys!
    I recently got every thing installed, and I find it all very promising. like others have stated earlier, I'm patiently waiting until users can change the timing on the double tap for symbols feature or longer hold for symbols
    Preware is telling me that there is a Package update for Userspace Input Mod v.1.4.2-66 except it only gives me the option to remove it. According to device info I have 1.4.2 already installed.

What causes this?
    Last edited by swieder; 07/10/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    For those still having trouble finding User Imput (UInput) it can simply be found in the Kernel Module/Input under Available packages. (be sure to have the web-os internals feed set to ON)

I hope that helped.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    For those still having trouble finding User Imput (UInput) it can simply be found in the Kernel Module/Input under Available packages. (be sure to have the web-os internals feed set to ON)

I hope that helped.
    Well it's in the webos-kernels-testing feed so having the webos-internals feed on or off doesn't matter.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Preware is telling me that there is a Package update for Userspace Input Mod v.1.4.2-66 except it only gives me the option to remove it. According to device info I have 1.4.2 already installed.

What causes this?
    Fixed in Preware 1.1.6 (in the testing feed)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast