Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Per egaudet (via IRC), he believes he's found the problem and should have a fix possibly by tonight.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    I can get hold for caps working but double tap for symbols prevents entry of double letters & seems to slow down input of letters.

BLiip
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Caps works great, and actually double tapping for symbols itself works fine as well. But when in double tapping mode, letter input is very erratic. I tried messing with the delay and repeat frequency, but I figured they probably weren't really part of the issue, and they didn't seem to fix anything. I am also noticing like someone else did that when I close the app, the settings doesn't stick in the app when the app is reopened even though it is definitely still working. Not sure if this matters, but I'm running unixpsycho's F105A kernel.
    lots of peoblems with this, had to use the vkb to type this
    I see the update, though I think the problem might be with the userspace input kernal. Once installed initally VKB works in everything, even the browser, though after time the backspace stops working. Anyone else getting this issue?
  5.    #25  
    any confirmations that 0.1.1 resolves sym-bug and default wallpaper reboot bug?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Sym bug appears fixed. Wallpaper and ringtone reverted after a reboot.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    any confirmations that 0.1.1 resolves sym-bug and default wallpaper reboot bug?
    Sym key bug is fixed, ringtone and wallpaper still being set to default on reboot.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 07/07/2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I seem to have an issue with the "HOLD FOR CAPS" toggle in KeyBoss. I enable it and when I swipe it away and bring KeyBoss back up, it goes back to default which of off. Not sure how to have this function enabled and stay enabled. If I am doing something wrong can somebody let me know? Thanks.
    Updated Keyboss this morning, SYM function now works properly. However after a full reboot (OPT+SYM+R) the wallpaper and ringtones reverted to stock.

EDIT: Should have added: Running UK w/Guvnah at Fixed Speed 600 Compcache enabled @ 32MB
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Having the aforementioned troubles with the double tap for symbols function really slowing down text input and causing the majority of key presses to go unregistered.

Running v 0.1.1, with Uberkernel on screenstate 800/125 MHz, 32MB compcache.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Sym bug appears fixed. Wallpaper and ringtone reverted after a reboot.
    Please try 0.1.2 when it hits feed, should resolve wallpaper revert.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  12.    #32  
    0.1.3 should fix the wonky double for func logic and stop losing keys.

-Eric G

Donate
    cool can't wait. how about Hold for Symbol? will we see that soon!? =)
    1 - Installed uinput and rebooted then installed KeyBoss. Launched KeyBoss and seemed to be working properly.
    2 - Rebooted - Fail (wallpaper and ringtone reverted) - tried to run keyboss but it stated that uinput was not running/installed (even though it is installed)
    3 - Rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran KeyBoss fine
    4 - Rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran KeyBoss first but it stated that uinput was not running/installed (even though it is installed), then ran Sounds/Ringtones
    5 - Rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran KeyBoss fine then ran Sounds/Ringtones (all good)
    6 - Rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran Sounds/Ringtones first then ran KeyBoss (all good)
    7 - Rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran Sounds/Ringtones first, then Messaging and sent an sms, then KeyBoss (all good)
    8 - Rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran Sounds/Ringtones first then ran KeyBoss (all good).
    9 - Enabled Wallpaper Switcharoo then rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran Sounds/Ringtones first then KeyBoss (all good).
    10 - Played around in KeyBoss then rebooted - Success (wallpaper/ringtone stick) - Ran KeyBoss fine then ran Sounds/Ringtones (all good)

Don't know why uinput failed in #2 and #4

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Everything seems to be working great now. Thank you!
    I don't know if it is keyboss but the vkb pops up every orientation change if the screen is open and wverytime you come back to the card from another card.

also, I am not getting the double tap or hold working with keyboss open. the vkb seems to work much better with it closed, even though the autocorrect works

govnah .5 and uk 1.4.1 on screenstate 500/800. The edit is because I hit sym and the vkb froze.

also I get the HOLD for caps and 2 tap for symbols on the physical. I gue- that is how it was supposed to work. It does cause issues on double letter words but seems to work well
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I don't know if it is keyboss but the vkb pops up every orientation change if the screen is open and wverytime you come back to the card from another card.
    VKB bug I have to fix. #4 (VKB re-renders while hidden after changing orientation) – Virtual Keyboard

also, I am not getting the double tap or hold working with keyboss open. the vkb seems to work much better with it closed, even though the autocorrect works
    Opening or closing KeyBoss app has no effect on the VKB and the KeyBoss app is meant for options regarding the hardware keyboard. The VKB just happens to be able to use the KeyBoss service's emulate key method.

govnah .5 and uk 1.4.1 on screenstate 500/800. The edit is because I hit sym and the vkb froze.
    Hard sym or vkb sym? Is it repeatable or a one-time thing?

also I get the HOLD for caps and 2 tap for symbols on the physical. I gue- that is how it was supposed to work. It does cause issues on double letter words but seems to work well
    The timings will eventually be user customizable so that double-tap can be set to something quicker like 100ms rather than the hard-coded 500ms it is currently at.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    where do I find the the Uinput module? I don't see it in Preware.
    Was able to load Keyboss, but cant find Uinput. Which feed supplies Uinput? Is that the name or is it called Userspace Input Module?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    is it called Userspace Input Module?
    +1

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    +1
    Do Keyboss and Userspace Input Module come from the same feed?

Any idea why I get see and install Keyboss thru Preware, but can not see Userspace Input Module?

EDIT: found this in Post #1
    KeyBoss is in the test feed
    Userspace Input Module in test kernels feed.

What is the URL for the test kernels feed? Let me search for it.

EDIT FINAL: THIS WORKED.
    'http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1'
    Call it 'webos-kernels-testing' and Preware will keep it up to date
    Last edited by swieder; 07/08/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast