Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    I just found ^that thread and then made my way here to assist however I can.

I noticed the battery drain about a week or two ago and have been analyzing my logs and uninstalling things left and right to figure out what was causing the battery drain. Until just now I never attributed the cause to Keyboss, but lo-and-behold, disabling it does nothing, uninstalling it puts things back to normal.

Anything I can do to help you diagnose?
    Thanks for the pixi support, egaudet!
    I saw huge drain on the pre 2. All I had was keyboss installed
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by webfellow View Post
    I just found ^that thread and then made my way here to assist however I can.

I noticed the battery drain about a week or two ago and have been analyzing my logs and uninstalling things left and right to figure out what was causing the battery drain. Until just now I never attributed the cause to Keyboss, but lo-and-behold, disabling it does nothing, uninstalling it puts things back to normal.

Anything I can do to help you diagnose?
    Based on the log output from qwertpo and some that rwhitby noticed yesterday it seems that something I am doing is preventing the device from sleeping. I will dig into it this weekend to figure out why this is happening and try to fix it.

So at this point if anyone likes their battery, uninstall KeyBoss until I fix it

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Based on the log output from qwertpo and some that rwhitby noticed yesterday it seems that something I am doing is preventing the device from sleeping. I will dig into it this weekend to figure out why this is happening and try to fix it.

So at this point if anyone likes their battery, uninstall KeyBoss until I fix it
    Thanks egaudet! Really appreciate for taking on keyboss project! making the palm so much better!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Yes, +1 thanks to egaudet for all the work!

Just a note to those who want to disable the fat-finger filter, *without* installing KeyBoss... You can do so (if you have the latest UberKernel installed) by opening up a terminal window and entering this:
    echo 0 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0038/prox_timeout

To re-enable the filter:
    echo 200 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0038/prox_timeout

-dave
    that doesn't work for me, but install,disable, uninstall does. But fat finger filter is back on restart.
    Looking forward to hearing egaudet's discovery about power consumption. Great app. Not so great battery life.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I really really miss the lack of fat finger filter. Everything else I can live without but that one setting just seems to make typing in general so much more responsive.
    For those of you who want to disable Keyboss without uninstalling (ex. If you need to conserve battery for a period), this worked for me.

Set Keyboss to 'disabled' and perform a device reset (not just a luna reset).

Of course, this is only a temp solution and I only use it when I know I cannot charge for a while. Looking frwd to the next update.
    My battery life has been awful. Big drops while the phone is in stand by. I removed Keyboss today and battery life seems better.

Egaudet: Any news on analyzing the logs to see what the power consumption problem is? I can test any new versions if there are tests that you want to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My battery life has been awful. Big drops while the phone is in stand by. I removed Keyboss today and battery life seems better.

Egaudet: Any news on analyzing the logs to see what the power consumption problem is? I can test any new versions if there are tests that you want to try.
    What version of Keyboss do you have? I don't seem to see the huge drain myself. Thought maybe the last updated fixed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    What version of Keyboss do you have? I don't seem to see the huge drain myself. Thought maybe the last updated fixed it?
    I believe it was the latest version. I dont know what it was since I have now removed it.

I have not seen any updates from egaudet indication a fix for the batter drain problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I believe it was the latest version. I dont know what it was since I have now removed it.

I have not seen any updates from egaudet indication a fix for the batter drain problem.
    OK. Thx
    After removing Keyboss I saw a dramatic improvement in battery life. The big change is with Standby/Sleep mode. With Keyboss installed my battery would drain quickly in Standby/Sleep mode. Without Keyboss there is little drain.
    Any chance of getting the previous version up on preware??
    Bueller??
    Has support on this ceased?
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post

Just a note to those who want to disable the fat-finger filter, *without* installing KeyBoss... You can do so (if you have the latest UberKernel installed) by opening up a terminal window and entering this:

To re-enable the filter:

-dave
    Any way to patch this so it doesn't reset on reboot? With 2.1.0 this works but it must be done through Novaterm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post

To re-enable the filter:

-dave
    Can this be patched?? Or at least, can a script be written so that it runs each time PresetReset resets my phone?

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.