Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Egaudet: Your latest version is working really well... congrats.... I am looking forward to sticky settings, in the mean time what is the application id I can use to set up in preset reset app so I can atleast have keyboss open each morning automatically which will remind me to tweak the settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Egaudet: Your latest version is working really well... congrats.... I am looking forward to sticky settings, in the mean time what is the application id I can use to set up in preset reset app so I can atleast have keyboss open each morning automatically which will remind me to tweak the settings?
    org.webosinternals.keyboss
    shwing! Thanks!
    Hey fellow Pixi testers,

First of all, thanks eric for the awesome program.
    Second of all, what are you guys using for settings for the tap timings and Hold Interval?

Feature request:
    1. A number field in conjunction with the slider for precise threshold configuration.
    2. It would be nice if pressing the space bar twice within the tap interval would insert a period. (Yes I know the period is an actual key on the kb for the pixi but I came from a Blackberry world and this is a nice feature =p)

Bug?:
    No matter what threshold I set for the "Hold" action, whenever I entered a key, it would become capitalized with just a tap and 0 Hold.

Hardware:
    Palm Pixi+ 1.4.5 running Uberkernel and a boat load of patches

I can readily provide debugging information via IRC.
    Last edited by marfpilf; 09/15/2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: I'm a dunce :)
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm wondering how to enable double space = period with KeyBoss. I saw in another thread that egaudet implied it could be done. Did I misread?

Anyway, awesome utility and thanks for the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    Hey fellow Pixi testers,

First of all, thanks eric for the awesome program.
    Second of all, what are you guys using for settings for the tap timings and Hold Interval?

Feature request:
    1. A number field in conjunction with the slider for precise threshold configuration.
    2. It would be nice if pressing the space bar twice within the tap interval would insert a period. (Yes I know the period is an actual key on the kb for the pixi but I came from a Blackberry world and this is a nice feature =p)

Bug?:
    No matter what threshold I set for the "Hold" action, whenever I entered a key, it would become capitalized with just a tap and 0 Hold.

Hardware:
    Palm Pixi+ 1.4.5 running Uberkernel and a boat load of patches

I can readily provide debugging information via IRC.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    Any news on when the setting for Keyboss will be saved?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have the testing feeds installed. I can fund uinput, but keyboss is nowhere to be found. And yes, the feeds are turned on.

Any ideas?
    anyone?
    hey i like my hard keyboard fine the way it is but is there any way to enable tap/hold caps/orange for just the virtual keyboard? i installed uinput/keyboss but only for the delete functionality in the browser.
    great job on this by the way. vkb is gonna change the way i use my pre+.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Any update on when this might go to beta?
    love it..... really want it on app catalog... please make it available soon!!! Thanks!
    I cannot get uinput to show up in Preware.

I have enabled the testing feed. I can see online that the testing feed has uinput in it as a module, and yet in Preware when I search for uinput, nothing shows up.

KeyBoss says that I need uinput.

What gives? Why cant I find uinput in preware, yet I can find other things from the testing feed.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I cannot get uinput to show up in Preware.

I have enabled the testing feed. I can see online that the testing feed has uinput in it as a module, and yet in Preware when I search for uinput, nothing shows up.

KeyBoss says that I need uinput.

What gives? Why cant I find uinput in preware, yet I can find other things from the testing feed.
    uinput is in the kernels-testing feed, not the regular testing feed.

An updated version of keyboss will be in testing feed shortly as well with persistent configuration and fat finger filter capabilities.

Note that Fat finger toggle will require a supported kernel, I've pushed uber kernel to the testing kernel feed with this ability. Also note that uber kernel in the testing feed has uinput in it and thus the module package should be removed if using uber kernel -138+. (Nothing -bad- will happen if you keep the module package installed, it will just error each time it tries to load the module since it already exists in the kernel).

Tomorrow I will work on Pixi support and then possibly look into 1 or 2 functional additions like period-space support.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Great to see an update to Keyboss in Preware today.

My favorite enhancement = Persistent settings!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    When I add the kernel-testing feed, I am getting the error:

"http://preware.is.awesome.com/Packages.gz, Inflating
    http://preware.is.awesome.com/Packages.gz, ipkg: Invalid gzip magic"

I rebooted like it asked.
    Ok I got the kernel testing feed working, and I updated to the latest testing Uber-Kernel.

I still cant find Uinput in Preware!!!! Its not showing up when I search.

**EDIT**

Found it haha
    what is the fat finger filter? And I don't wanna install a custom kernel until it's been thorougly tested... (i mean, uinput yes, but it's not gonna melt my pre if it glitches) so when do you think the new UK will be coming to the kernels feed? thanks for the update in any case...
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Ok I got the kernel testing feed working, and I updated to the latest testing Uber-Kernel.

I still cant find Uinput in Preware!!!! Its not showing up when I search.

**EDIT**

Found it haha
    As I stated in my previous post, if you install this testing version of uber kernel it includes uinput in the kernel. You should -NOT- install the uinput module package in this case, it's redundant and doesn't do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    what is the fat finger filter? And I don't wanna install a custom kernel until it's been thorougly tested... (i mean, uinput yes, but it's not gonna melt my pre if it glitches) so when do you think the new UK will be coming to the kernels feed? thanks for the update in any case...
    The Fat Finger Filter is what we use to describe the code in Palm's keypad driver that ignores the 2nd key when it is pressed too quickly after an adjacent key. (For example just push any 2 adjacent keys together, you only get one key output). This has been patched to allow the user to turn it off and on (defaulting to on of course).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I don't wanna install a custom kernel until it's been thorougly tested... (i mean, uinput yes, but it's not gonna melt my pre if it glitches) so when do you think the new UK will be coming to the kernels feed?
    When it's thoroughly tested ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Have latest uber kernel and installed KeyBoss. Two odd things happened. First, the Pre never enters sleep mode anymore, so current consumption kills the battery quickly. Second, the preferences page for ubercalendar goes nuts- everything toggling and jumping around. Even turning KeyBoss off does not change this behavior. Removing KeyBoss fixes things. Any ideas?