Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 284
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Removed Keyboss and Userspace Input / restarted / reinstalled. Still getting an error message in Keyboss that Uinput not installed.

    Argh!
    All is good now with 1.4.2.

    Can I suggest a test area so that we can try out the settings? A text input field at the bottom of the Settings panel would be ideal.

    I am a bit confused by some of the Keyboss Settings.
    1. To use Tap is it a single Tap or Double Tap?
    2. How do the Repeat Rate setting work?

    Awesome work!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #202  
    This was working nicely for a while...and today, after some Preware updates of nothing that should have effected KB, it won't work at all.
    ====================
    Well, after messing around and doing a few restarts (both Luna and Device), I finally got it working. Not sure what I did wrong, but all is right with the world again.
    Last edited by Trident; 08/29/2010 at 07:42 PM.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  3.    #203  
    version 0.2.5 is in testing feed with preview text header and fix for universal search bug.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  4. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #204  
    Version 0.2.5 bug report: When I add an Action, removing it doesn't actually remove it properly. I can swipe to delete Actions, but when I close and re-open the KeyBoss card, the Action is listed once again...
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Version 0.2.5 bug report: When I add an Action, removing it doesn't actually remove it properly. I can swipe to delete Actions, but when I close and re-open the KeyBoss card, the Action is listed once again...
    Reproduced for tap actions, will fix for 0.2.6

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  6. #206  
    maybe can review what you changed from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3?

    coz pixi key problem only happened after this change.

    pressing s will cause s to be held and - is typed if hold action is set to function.
    and this happnens to all the keys including space and enter.

    if you need me to help u debug the pixi, please tell me what to send u? the terminal thing?

    Chris
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    maybe can review what you changed from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3?

    coz pixi key problem only happened after this change.

    pressing s will cause s to be held and - is typed if hold action is set to function.
    and this happnens to all the keys including space and enter.

    if you need me to help u debug the pixi, please tell me what to send u? the terminal thing?

    Chris
    It's difficult to debug this over the forum when I don't have a pixi to reproduce. If we could debug this in IRC that would be ideal.

    If not, I need at least the following to get started:

    First I need the IPKG Log output from installing EFV. If EFV installs successfully without error then report that.

    Then I need the following

    1) Install 0.2.6 and set toggle to disable

    2) In a terminal type:
    tail -f /var/log/messages

    3) In another terminal type:
    tail -f /var/log/messages |grep keyboss
    Hit enter a few times to know what's new

    4) in another terminal type:
    dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.keyboss

    5) hit the enable toggle to enable keyboss

    6) press a key and verify the bug is occurring in the preview text area in keyboss

    7) tap the preview area to hide it and tap toggle to disable keyboss

    8) Post output of the 3 terminal sessions

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    It's difficult to debug this over the forum when I don't have a pixi to reproduce. If we could debug this in IRC that would be ideal.

    If not, I need at least the following to get started:

    First I need the IPKG Log output from installing EFV. If EFV installs successfully without error then report that.

    Then I need the following

    1) Install 0.2.6 and set toggle to disable

    2) In a terminal type:
    tail -f /var/log/messages

    3) In another terminal type:
    tail -f /var/log/messages |grep keyboss
    Hit enter a few times to know what's new

    4) in another terminal type:
    dbus-util --capture org.webosinternals.keyboss

    5) hit the enable toggle to enable keyboss

    6) press a key and verify the bug is occurring in the preview text area in keyboss

    7) tap the preview area to hide it and tap toggle to disable keyboss

    8) Post output of the 3 terminal sessions
    ok i will be using terminal on my phone right?
    how do i post the output? or can i use webosquickinstall?
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    ok i will be using terminal on my phone right?
    how do i post the output? or can i use webosquickinstall?
    You could use your phone and redirect the output of each terminal to a file, or you may be able to use Noverterm from your computer (this may be what you meant instead of WOSQI).
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  10. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #210  
    The hold for function option is golden.

    Awesome app, thanks!
  11. tcurtin's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    #211  
    Fantastic, thank you so much! I'd forgotten how much I missed KeyCaps on PalmOS.
  12. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #212  
    Uninstalled this again already. Still seeing insanely high battery usage with it installed.
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Uninstalled this again already. Still seeing insanely high battery usage with it installed.
    Enable/Disable toggle? How about monitoring top while it's enabled vs. disabled, installed vs uninstalled etc...

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  14. #214  
    sorry to go off topic here. But is there any way to make "Function" (orange)+ Sym to type ".com"? This would be awesome.
  15. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    sorry to go off topic here. But is there any way to make "Function" (orange)+ Sym to type ".com"? This would be awesome.
    I think that's a great idea... except I think it would go better along with the smiley sym-key patch. They don't have to be smileys!!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  16. #216  
    Had to disable Keyboss because I was getting delays when typing and repeats of a character like 8 times. For example hit "i" would give me "iiiiiiii"

    Running the latest versions from Preware.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  17. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Enable/Disable toggle? How about monitoring top while it's enabled vs. disabled, installed vs uninstalled etc...
    I don't know that I'll get a chance to test this for a while I'm afraid as I need my phone a lot for work. There was someone else reporting similar things a couple pages back who might be more free to try some battery testing? I definitely notice a difference though; usually if I start from 100% battery at 10am or so, by the evening with light use, I'll have 60% or so. With KeyBoss enabled, it goes down to about 25% in the same time period.
  18. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #218  
    I'm not sure that I'm using the settings correctly.
    Would it be possible to get some sort of guide about exactly what each toggle/slider does?
    For instance, is it necessary to pick an action for both hold & tap? Or will the default automatically work?
    Which direction do the sliders work? Which is faster/slower, more/less sensitive?
    What is the difference between delay and speed?

    I think I have things figured out via trial and error, but it would be nice to know these things.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Had to disable Keyboss because I was getting delays when typing and repeats of a character like 8 times. For example hit "i" would give me "iiiiiiii"

    Running the latest versions from Preware.
    I had that happen to me and it was completely unrelated to KeyBoss (I didn't have it installed at the time). Luckily, simple restart fixed the problem for me. Maybe it was just coincidence?
  20. Trident's Avatar
    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Had to disable Keyboss because I was getting delays when typing and repeats of a character like 8 times. For example hit "i" would give me "iiiiiiii"

    Running the latest versions from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    I had that happen to me and it was completely unrelated to KeyBoss (I didn't have it installed at the time). Luckily, simple restart fixed the problem for me. Maybe it was just coincidence?
    Also, if I'm understanding the settings correctly (see my above post), there is now a setting for Tap Threshold- try adjusting that to the right to stop accidental multiple characters.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posting Permissions