Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just tried to install the Pixi Plus UberKernal but it failed, seems to think I have already made modifications to my phones Kernal.

I am running WebOS 1.4.1.3 (O2 UK)
    Could this mean that 1.4.1.3 is already modified in some way and therefore different to other versions of WebOS? I thought there were no differences but maybe there are.

Any Ideas?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    do you have installed other kernels?
    there no diiferent between 1.4.1.3 or 1.4.1. Maybe some carrier updates. But kernel is same with AT&T Pixi plus or other.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Managed to overcome this.. Restart Phone.. Install Normal 1.4.1 kernel from preware.. then after restarting again install Uberkernel and Govnah
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I haven't installed any kernals or anything (there isn't anything out there for Pixi other than UberKernal) which is why I thought it was odd. Will try the above method though
    Palm have released two different versions of carrier firmware as webOS 1.4.1 for the Pixi. Our kernel feeds only have one kernel available for each webOS version.

So in some cases, if you happen to already have the kernel from the other carrier installed, the checksums won't match. So just install the recovery kernel and try again.

We've verified that the two kernels are functionally identical - we believe it was just a recompile by Palm which caused the checksums to differ.

Hopefully it will be resolved with the next webOS version where all the carriers should get back into sync again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Cheers. Works now, though notice severe (and I mean really really severe) battery drain when using the Kernel and Govnah with Compache enabled or disabled while on the ondemandctrl default profile.