1.    #1  
    ( Thread removed ) This might cause a conflict on the forum.
    Last edited by rush; 06/29/2010 at 10:44 AM.
    What if they have a Pixi, or they're not on 1.4.1.1? This thread should be deleted, provides incomplete and dangerous info for non techie people.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    I have remove this thread... I don't want Unixpsycho to remove the kernels.

Remember to keep in mind... These are testing kernels.
    Last edited by rush; 06/29/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Why not just add a disclaimer to the OP instead?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    People are aware of what they're doing... they are not that ignorant!
    You'd be surprised...
    This is a open forum and we are all here to help/assist each person as best as we can. People should be allow to make their own choices...regardless! I've read where a lot of people are asking question on how to install the testing feeds. I was just assisting them.
    I myself was going to ask, because for some reason it wasnt working. Ive had my phone since August 1 and have been patching ever since, so i am fully aware of the risks involved. good thing i caught ur thread before it was deleted. Thanks Alot

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  8.    #8  
    I wouldn't say they are, but not as fast learning as others. I believe in giving options to each and everyone. Let them learn on their ignorance.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    I myself was going to ask, because for some reason it wasnt working. Ive had my phone since August 1 and have been patching ever since, so i am fully aware of the risks involved. good thing i caught ur thread before it was deleted. Thanks Alot
    Your response is what led me to make that thread. Some people just need a little help.. that's all.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I think it is a nice gesture on the part of Rush to lend a hand, as it can be tricky finding the kernel testing feed, but that is purposeful, and it goes against the explicit expectations of UnixPsycho, I'm glad you deleted the link info.
    Yea, I Can Understand Why It Had To Be Deleted. You Dont Want Someone Trying To Do Things To Their Phone When They Dont Fully Understand Whats Going On. I Didnt Even Know About Testing Feeds Til A Few Days Ago, And Im On This Site ALL The Time. Then I Noticed The Feeds And Certain Testing Kernels and Apps Were Almost Like A Secret. Even Tho Im No Noob To Patching World, I Didnt Wanna Ask Any Questions. Since This Is A Very Friendly And Helpful Site, I Figured When It Was Ready For Us 'Regular People' To Know, You Guys Would Tell Us.

Gotta Give My Thanks To All Those Behind The Scenes Making Our Pre Experiences A Great One.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    I have remove this thread... I don't need the drama today.
    I'm not one to create drama, but what you provided was very incomplete. Now had you provided complete instructions for the Pre (Plus) and Pixi, and all the different OS versions (current feeds folder has 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.1.1, 1.4.1.3, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, and 1.4.5) I probably wouldn't have posted anything. Plus, as Tedcas mentioned, UnixPsycho has requested that if you can't find the feeds on your own he prefers you not alpha test the kernel. I would hate for the kernel to be pulled (as he's threatened to do because of the repeated requests in the main thread for the testing feeds URL).
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/29/2010 at 10:12 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm not one to create drama, but what you provided was very incomplete. Now had you provided complete instructions for both the Pre and Pixi, and all the different OS versions (current feeds folder has 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.1.1, 1.4.1.3, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, and 1.4.5) I probably wouldn't have posted anything. Plus, as Tedcas mentioned, UnixPsycho has requested that if you can't find the feeds on your own he prefers you not alpha test the kernel. I would hate for the kernel to be pulled (as he's threatened to do because of the repeated requests in the main thread for the testing feeds URL).
    I wasn't thinking that for.
    I wasn't thinking that for.
    I understand man, you were just trying to be helpful. It's all good
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    can't we just add this link and close the thread?!?!

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post

That will work. (Thread Closed)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

[url= Feeds - WebOS Internals[/url]
    Not quite closed yet...I'm having problems...i followed the instructions at the link exactly...and it didn't work...it's not coming up on Preware and idk what to do.
    Haha, thread removed. Only the stout of heart and sharp of mind can access the store of arcane wonders the testing feeds give access to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Haha, thread removed. Only the stout of heart and sharp of mind can access the store of arcane wonders the testing feeds give access to!
    ... and people who can figure out how to search Google for "preware testing feed". lol
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

That will work. (Thread Closed)
    SQL error on the wiki page. I had to doctor and the wiki was down while trying to add it. I though they were pulled but the wiki is just acting weird. Heres the google cache of the wiki Preware gives a disclaimer when adding the feed I don't see what the big deal is.

By adding a custom feed, you take full responsibility for any and all potential outcomes that may occur as a result of doing so, including (but not limited to): loss of warranty, loss of data, loss of all privacy, security vulnerabilities and device damage.
    Pops up and you need to accept before adding a feed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaciel90 View Post
    Not quite closed yet...I'm having problems...i followed the instructions at the link exactly...and it didn't work...it's not coming up on Preware and idk what to do.
    Try updating feeds. Maybe what you are looking for is pulled just turn all other feeds off and update feeds. If it shows 0 apps then you probably did something wrong. Follow the wikiand reply if still dosent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Alternate realities and time travel. Nothing special. Except for xserver that has ALOT of potential. One of the best things to hit the pre yet.