1.    #1  
    I am trying Metadoctor and found packing problem.
    #make CARRIER=wr unpack patch pack
    make: Nothing to be done for 'unpack'.
    make: Nothing to be done for 'path'.
    make: Nothing to be done for 'pack'.

I have followed instructions to unpack webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.4.1.jar and modify castle file already.

Do you have any idea?
    You need to "make clobber"

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    I don't understand, the 'make clobber' removes the build directory. How can I repack a new jar?

I have done...
    1) Put webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.4.1.jar to ../downloads/
    2) Execute 'make DEVICE=pre all-wr' (it creates a build directory and unpack files)
    3) Go to build directory and modify castle.xml for qwertz keyboard
    <Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    <Val name="KEYoBRD" action="overwrite" value="y"/>

then what should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    I don't understand, the 'make clobber' removes the build directory. How can I repack a new jar?

I have done...
    1) Put webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.4.1.jar to ../downloads/
    2) Execute 'make DEVICE=pre all-wr' (it creates a build directory and unpack files)
    3) Go to build directory and modify castle.xml for qwertz keyboard
    <Section name="tokens" type="token" size="4KB">
    <Val name="installer" value="trenchcoat"/>
    <Val name="KEYoBRD" action="overwrite" value="y"/>

then what should I do?
    Why not just set:

CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = y

at the top of the Makefile and let Meta-Doctor do all that automatically?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  5.    #5  
    In the forum, I found the way to change qwertz to qwerty is to modify castle.xml. Just thinking changing back from qwerty to qwertz is pretty much the same thing.

For "CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = y" in Makefile, is it a permanent change to my phone? can the qwertz keyboard survive after official webosdoctor?

BTW, how can I pack the new jar?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    In the forum, I found the way to change qwertz to qwerty is to modify castle.xml. Just thinking changing back from qwerty to qwertz is pretty much the same thing.

For "CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = y" in Makefile, is it a permanent change to my phone? can the qwertz keyboard survive after official webosdoctor?

BTW, how can I pack the new jar?

Thanks
    The manual instructions you found are obsolete, because the Meta-Doctor now has the functionality built into the Makefile by using the CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE feature. It modifies the castle.xml file automatically.

The NVRAM settings survives the official webosdoctor. It can only be changed by using the Meta-Doctor again to change it.

Just edit the Makefile, then run:

make DEVICE=pre clobber all-wr

-- Rod
  7.    #7  
    Done! Thanks a lot