1.    #1  
    I have never had trouble downloading things to my computer before until now.
    When ever I put in a question into the search on this site it gives me a bunch of forums that give you an idea of what it says but never everything. I thought I could follow the directions of what I needed to do to get preware on my phone. but of course I could find the directions again on the forum.

I just put in where do I go to get preware on again a bunch of things popped up but none actually said where to go. I finally of a page that gave an index of preware installers. but non of them seem to give me everything I need to get preware on my computer. This is becoming very frustrating. It seems that I will never be able to get anything downloaded on my phone!

Please someone tell me where I need to go to get this preware on my computer then on my phone. I need good instructions not this partial stuff I keep getting on the forums. One of the things I downloaded seems to be it but it said I don't have the drivers. Like I said everything I ever downloaded on my computer from the net has always been a complete program not this incomplete stuff.

Again Help Please!

M. Myers
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtiggers View Post
    When ever I put in a question into the search on this site it gives me a bunch of forums that give you an idea of what it says but never everything. I thought I could follow the directions of what I needed to do to get preware on my phone. but of course I could find the directions again on the forum.

I just put in where do I go to get preware on again a bunch of things popped up but none actually said where to go. I finally of a page that gave an index of preware installers. but non of them seem to give me everything I need to get preware on my computer. This is becoming very frustrating. It seems that I will never be able to get anything downloaded on my phone! (note) It's called the GNU Patch. Make sure to tap on the arrow beside Precentral App Gallery.

Please someone tell me where I need to go to get this preware on my computer then on my phone. I need good instructions not this partial stuff I keep getting on the forums. One of the things I downloaded seems to be it but it said I don't have the drivers. Like I said everything I ever downloaded on my computer from the net has always been a complete program not this incomplete stuff.

Again Help Please!

M. Myers
    I assume you have webosqi install on your computer... If so,then tap on the blue arrow pointing down. Go to webos internal feeds look for preware and download. It might prompt you to also download something else in order for preware to work properly. Good Luck.
    Here is a standalone installer as well I don't think package manager service is available for download anymore that is the other component for earlier versions of preware. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Here is another good place to start, regarding getting PreWare Installed

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

5.    #5  
    Blue button did nothing, and web doctor is corrupted for some reason, I got them both from this site so what's up. Meanwhile I only get 5 gb of data usage a month on my computer. so so far all the downloads have be nothing but garbage from this site. It seems that I need this webos installer before I can get the preware so where can I get a working version of that without it being corrupted. I'm deleting everything I got so far and starting over. So it someone can tell me where I can get a working version of webos installer, then I should be able to click on the blue down arrow and get the preware right. if not again tell me what I'm missing.
    Everything you need is here with all of the updated versions of webOSQI:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtiggers View Post

I just put in where do I go to get preware on again a bunch of things popped up but none actually said where to go. I finally of a page that gave an index of preware installers. but non of them seem to give me everything I need to get preware on my computer. This is becoming very frustrating. It seems that I will never be able to get anything downloaded on my phone!

Again Help Please!

M. Myers
    man i need the same
    <<Thread Renamed and Moved>>

Where are you at now? What have you done and what errors are you getting? If your downloads are all corrupted (bit strange) then perhaps you have Internet/network issues with your computer.

For more help read and post your questions here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html

In order to install Preware you need to go here (read everything for best resaults):

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Summery:

Installing Preware with the standalone installer

Preware installers can be downloaded here: Preware Standalone Installers. These instructions are currently only for Mac and PC users.

1. Install the required software.
    1. Click here to verify that you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer and update it if needed.
    2. Click here to download the current webOS Doctor for your carrier and phone in a subdirectory you will remember (maybe "Palm"?). If you already have it, skip this step.
    * Do not run the webOS Doctor.
    2. Put your device into Developer Mode.
    * Windows users: When connecting your device to the computer for the first time, you will be prompted to install new hardware. Click Next to start the device installation. You may get a message regarding Novacom drivers not being installed. If so, you can disregard it. Once your device is installed, proceed with the Preware installation.
    3. Download the Preware Standalone Installer and place it in the same directory as the webOS Doctor .jar file.
    4. Run the Preware Installer.
    5. Click on the Tools menu and choose Install Drivers. This will install the Palm Novacom drivers for webOS devices.
    6. Once the drivers have finished installing, click on Install Preware. After Preware is installed, your device will be unresponsive for a few seconds while Luna restarts.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    http://install.preware.org/

Please give that link out when people ask how to install Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Will do...thanks Rod.
    Preware is not on the list of applications to download per the directions. Either that needs to be rectified or the directions need to be updated.

Also, as far as the regular directions go... it says you'll have everything up in minutes. Here I am an hour later and stuck at installing preware because it isn't on the list.

-- Ran the standalone installation file, but I don't see Preware anywhere on my phone.... Would it be under the regular applications? Terribly frustrating.

-- Argh! Now I have Preware showing up. The only reason I installed this was to view PDFs in landscape via a patch, but now these directions are unfollowable:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2102117

There's no Application > Other. I went to Linux > Utilities and Extract PDF is not listed there. Sigh.
    Last edited by lyndag; 06/29/2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndag View Post
    Preware is not on the list of applications to download per the directions. Either that needs to be rectified or the directions need to be updated.

Also, as far as the regular directions go... it says you'll have everything up in minutes. Here I am an hour later and stuck at installing preware because it isn't on the list.

-- Ran the standalone installation file, but I don't see Preware anywhere on my phone.... Would it be under the regular applications? Terribly frustrating.

-- Argh! Now I have Preware showing up. The only reason I installed this was to view PDFs in landscape via a patch, but now these directions are unfollowable:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2102117

There's no Application > Other. I went to Linux > Utilities and Extract PDF is not listed there. Sigh.
    I believe the instructions for this patch is out of date as you no longer need the Extract PDF Viewer for webOS 1.4.x.

You can try to install the landscape PDF patch to see if it works without the Extract PDF Viewer.

Hope this helps... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndag View Post
    Yes, it seems that all the bloggers and posters who are so keen to copy installation information about Preware to other non-official sites instead of just linking to the official instructions (like the World-Wide-Web was originally designed) are not so keen to keep that copied information up to date.

http://install.preware.org/ is the one and one official set of installation instructions. That should be the only link ever given, and the information on that page should never be copied anywhere else where it can get out of date.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Preware not showing up as option for me either...using latest version 3.14 as well.

Any ideas?
    http://install.preware.org/ - ignore any and all other information about installing preware, and only pass on that URL, never anything else.

Note that I said exactly that in the post directly above yours too ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thanks.

There are a LOT of misleading blogs\vids online that just confuse the whole process.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals is the only way to go.