Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm trying to find the uper PreKernel app (com.I337tech.superkernelapp_1.4.1_all.ipk) and installer (com.I337tech.superkernelinstaller_1.4.1_armv7.ipk)

I spent the last hour looking, however all the threads for the patch have been removed by the author and I cannot find links to these files anywhere, all the old links say that the files are now private.

Any help on how to get the files for over clocking would be awesome! Thanks everyone.

-Chuck
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    if you have preware just search for uberkernal and govnah. Install both of those and you are good to go.
    send me a personal message
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Awesome, thanks for the info guys! That worked! Crusing at 800 mhz
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Anyone else getting 500mhz speed off of UberKernal and Govnar when it is set at less than 500mhz?

I have mine set to 250mhz and I am still getting 500mhz when the screen is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Anyone else getting 500mhz speed off of UberKernal and Govnar when it is set at less than 500mhz?

I have mine set to 250mhz and I am still getting 500mhz when the screen is off.
    they set it that way because some phones have a problem running less than 500
    250MHz and less actually causes more drain on the battery if that is the reason why you are underclocking it. The only advantage it has is cooler temperature.

Read this:
    LessWatts.org - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    250MHz and less actually causes more drain on the battery if that is the reason why you are underclocking it. The only advantage it has is cooler temperature.

Read this:
    LessWatts.org - Saving Power on Intel systems with Linux

AAh, ok thanx, I was underclocking for battery.

So why have the settings there if you cant use them? There should only be what can be use, so nothing below 500. (800-500 only) if you cant use anything under 500 it should be taken out.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 06/21/2010 at 06:05 AM.
    which setting within govnah would you suggest for decent battery life and phone performance?
    Hey guys,
    I want overlocked my Pre but i cant find Uberkernal, only Govnah.
    Can anyone help me pls?
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Are you using Preware? What version of the operating system do you have (ie, 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.5, etc)
    Have the 1.4.5 .

edit:
    Yes i use preware.
    edit 2:

I have find it in Preware now and all works now .
    Thx
    Last edited by N34rly; 08/16/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by N34rly View Post
    Have the 1.4.5 .

edit:
    Yes i use preware.
    From main screen in preware type in "uberkernel" without the quotes not uber kernal, check your spelling.

EDIT: Just try typing in uber, you should find it that way.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi, I found instructions on overclocking my Pre and when I couldn't get the two install files (app, com.I337tech.superkernelapp_1.4.1_all.ipk and installer, com.I337tech.superkernelinstaller_1.4.1_armv7.ipk) on-line I found this thread on finding govnah and uberkernel via Preware and installed them. The former instructions said I had to first install the app file then the installer, but I didn't know which was which when referred to by the names govnah and uberkernel, and I installed govnah first. Did I install these in the right order in the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by AllThatCaz View Post
    Hi, I found instructions on overclocking my Pre and when I couldn't get the two install files (app, com.I337tech.superkernelapp_1.4.1_all.ipk and installer, com.I337tech.superkernelinstaller_1.4.1_armv7.ipk) on-line I found this thread on finding govnah and uberkernel via Preware and installed them. The former instructions said I had to first install the app file then the installer, but I didn't know which was which when referred to by the names govnah and uberkernel, and I installed govnah first. Did I install these in the right order in the end?
    You only need to install the custom kernel (UberKernel) and the Governor to control the custom settings (Govnah). Installation order doesn't matter, but I would install the kernel last because you will need to reboot afterwords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    which setting within govnah would you suggest for decent battery life and phone performance?
    I've been using the Conservative govenor at 500/1000MHz. It's the best setting I've found so far for decent battery life and good performance.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I've been using the Conservative govenor at 500/1000MHz. It's the best setting I've found so far for decent battery life and good performance.
    umm whats this conservative govenor ?? dont see this setting in the govnah app ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->