1.    #1  
    Hi I've already tried reading through some similar threads and couldn't resolve my issue. I had preware on my pixi 1.4.1.1 and had installed various patches and applications. I had to do a partial reset due to texting issues. I had reinstalled Preware again, and now only my apps appear but none of my patches. All my patches seem to still be in place but i cant find them on preware. I tried nearly all the emergency packs...EFV, EMH, EPI, ERU, and none seem to resolve the problem. What am i doing wrong? Can i use webdoc or quickinstall or something to find them and make them appear? Please please help cause I can't find any answers :-/
    Thanks for your time.
    DannyTx

ps. the message i get after the emergency packs is that their are no patches message.
    Not sure if this will help or is part of the issue, but go to Preware Preferences, near the bottom change Installed Is Available to Yes (I'm guessing it's set to No and that's why your installed patches aren't showing up when you look for them to install). Swipe out of Preferences, update feeds, reinstall the patches you have installed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Not sure if this will help or is part of the issue, but go to Preware Preferences, near the bottom change Installed Is Available to Yes
    Im pretty sure that has to do with showing them under "Available" because after you install it just shows them under "Installed" so you don't accidentally remove a patch trying to install it twice.

Did you reboot in between the patch emergency package installs? Does it let you install the patches again? Maybe then you can remove them.

What patches do you have installed? Do you have ssh or terminal installed? You can remove the patches manually this way I would use as a last resort to avoid doctoring again. If nothing else works I try to find where they are installed just post the ones you need to get rid of.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    If all else fails, you can remove all patches by running WebOS Repair Utility with override compatibility engaged. This is a less drastic option than running webOS Doctor.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    Im pretty sure that has to do with showing them under "Available" because after you install it just shows them under "Installed" so you don't accidentally remove a patch trying to install it twice.
    Preware is smart enough to not install overtop of an already installed patch.
    From my readings, attempting the reinstall will cause Preware to see that it's already installed and then show it as installed. YMMV
    Another thing I just remembered you could try is installing the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Preware is smart enough to not install overtop of an already installed patch.
    From my readings, attempting the reinstall will cause Preware to see that it's already installed and then show it as installed. YMMV
    your right... Well what I got around to trying is reinstalling patches I already had installed..it went through and states ''success'' with the excpetion of the message that says ''thats funny this patch is already installed'' or to that likeness. by the way..yes the ''show patches'' and installed is set to on...ok back to what I was saying...i tried uninstalling one of the patches which now appeared and it worked. I guess ima have to reinstall them all just to have them show. any other ideas I'll be glad to hear. I'll try one of the emergency installs and a reboot again later. I'll let you guys know what happens
    Dani Disaster