Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What would be helpful is telling us exactly what commands...

Your post there is no help at all.
    I apologize should have been more clear.
    The only command I can think of is for nickserver and identifying a username for special privileges.
    For example I type in xchat /ns IDENTIFY and then my password and it allows me to ban people and kick people from the chat.
    Like a moderator would do.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    That alias is already implemented in the next version.

(/ns is just an alias for /msg NickServ)
    Okay that's great.
    I'll let you know if I think of anything else.
    Thanks.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    So going back to the connection issue...

I find that when my connection is marginal, if I hold my phone (like to type) I lose my connection for just that moment. So with wIRC 0.2.4, I have the frustrating experience of a connection that is 'working' will pop up as disconnected for wIRC because I am holding the phone while I send the message.

At least that's what I think is happening.

My idea/feature request would be this: if you type ##33284# into the phone app, you can get data on what the current RX and TX signal strength is. I wonder if message sending could be 'paused' when the RX or TX was too low (like below -98 or so).

Just a thought.

Can't wait to try out the new wIRC, the wait for 1.4.5 is k i l l i n g me.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    So going back to the connection issue...

I find that when my connection is marginal, if I hold my phone (like to type) I lose my connection for just that moment. So with wIRC 0.2.4, I have the frustrating experience of a connection that is 'working' will pop up as disconnected for wIRC because I am holding the phone while I send the message.

At least that's what I think is happening.

My idea/feature request would be this: if you type ##33284# into the phone app, you can get data on what the current RX and TX signal strength is. I wonder if message sending could be 'paused' when the RX or TX was too low (like below -98 or so).

Just a thought.

Can't wait to try out the new wIRC, the wait for 1.4.5 is k i l l i n g me.
    That is a great idea. I never thought about checking the modems' signal strengh.
    I'd like to see the option to save logs to the USB partition, with options to log channels, queries, or both, and to select whether or not it creates a new log file for each day, like mIRC.

If you already added this, let me know. Right now I'm reinstalling the older version from the non-testing feeds because I belatedly realized that I'd updated to the newest wIRC before my carrier released 1.4.5....
    Yeah, logging to the usb partition is already on the todo list.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12