1.    #1  
    Hey guys just got my palm pre today.

I live in a small town so I couldn't activate my palm profile via 3G, i contacted palm and they siad just go to a better town lol

So I started using a guide I found on here.

So far this is as far as I have got:
    i47 . tinypic . com/54680x.jpg <- remove spaces for screenshot of error

Im doing this via the Cygwin method.

And downloaded webOs version 1.4.1 and I'm on O2 UK.

Thanks for any help guys!
    Post and/or read here for help:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

On a side note...I thought Palm changed something to allow activation on 2G/x1/EDGE? Didn't they? Perhaps that was only for the colonies?

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Thanks mate.

Note sure I asked the woman and she said I definitely had to be in a 3G area, but my phone isn't picking anything up just that it is O2, no Edge or GPRS. In most phones I've had I've had to enter the settings manually so this was the only way to get access to anything in the phone.
  4.    #4  
    I think its the version i'm using is there anywhere to get older releases to install and then update once setup?

I tried the download links on the wiki page but all dead except for the latest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    I think its the version i'm using is there anywhere to get older releases to install and then update once setup?

I tried the download links on the wiki page but all dead except for the latest one.
    This might help in understanding why you can't get older versions of the doctor http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/246697-old-webos-doctor-versions.html look at HardBeatz comments.

I think your best bet is to go to your nearest place that has 3g unless you live in the highlands or somthing.
  6.    #6  
    Ah I see ty mate, guess I'm just going to have to sell my Palm Pre, i was quite excited to use it too :/
    The UK isn't the biggest of places, surely you can drive to a nearby 3G coverage area and activate?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    Yeah but with most phones i've owned I have had to enter my 3G settings seperate which i think will happen with this, i might be near an O2 shop tomorrow maybe they can set up for me instore.