1.    #1  
    I did several searchs about dual boot program on webOS in forums.precentral.net and Main Page - WebOS Internals and found nothing.
    Except on webos boot loader : http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Bootie (webOS boot loader)
    and http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Pre%27s_flash_disk (Pre's flash disk)
    and http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...e_Boot_Process (Pre Boot Process )

Is there a dual boot program available for webOS ?

Here :
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    So basically Texas Instruments released an MDK for the particular processor that the Pre uses. It's based on the OMAP 3 system. A group calls OmapZoom was working on porting Android to OMAP 3 and I haven't really seen any updates from them. The hardest part would be getting a bootloader on the Pre AND getting drivers for the Pre for Android. It's probably gonna be a while.
    somebody talk about OmapZoom.

This project is at :
    https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/omapandroid/

And at https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/oma...readView&id=51
    I saw :
    The RLS25.INC2.5 pre-built binaries for OMAP Android (Eclair) are now available. This includes:
    -> bootloader (u-boot.bin)

Is it possible to use u-boot.bin in webOS as boot loader ?

Here I found a boot-loader for TI OMAP that use u-boot :
    Bootloader Project - OMAPpedia

The U-boot website :
    WebHome < U-Boot < DENX

With a bootloader on webOS, we can use and load on our webOS devices :
    * OpenMoko : Main Page - Openmoko
    * Android ( Installing iDroid (Linux) - iDroidWiki )
    Palm Pre dual-boot with Android hack?
    * Meegoo ( MeeGo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Any idea to create this bootloader ?

Others docs about booting ARM on Linux :
    Booting ARM Linux
    ARM Linux - Developer - Booting
    Last edited by yannick56; 06/03/2010 at 06:49 AM.
    bump... seriously would like to know if this would ever work...
    this would be really great!!!!
    jeez.. does no one know anything about this? i mean people were talking about a palm pre dual boot before the phone even came out and i cant find any news on the project anywhere that goes past speculation.

can someone please help me understand why this project seemingly died?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youarenotjim View Post
    jeez.. does no one know anything about this? i mean people were talking about a palm pre dual boot before the phone even came out and i cant find any news on the project anywhere that goes past speculation.

can someone please help me understand why this project seemingly died?
    could be because it sounds really hard.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    This actually sounds awesome. I will see how far I can get on this. I will try the emulator because this will more than likely mean a couple of reinstalls and I need my phone working. Is there an android emulator I can see to reference how this works? I saw a guy who ported android to the iphone seeing as how they all run pretty much the same processor I dont see why this is not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullr View Post
    .....I dont see why this is not possible.
    I'm sure it is "possible."

The issue is whether or not it's worth the trouble. In reality, there is very little that you can do with an android phone that you can't already do with a Pre. Many of us think that WebOS is significantly superior; after all, that's why we got a Pre.

This sort of thing is dangerous at the best of times, and complicated in the extreme to figure out initially.

iPhone OS is tragically flawed in many areas, so I can see where putting a great OS like android on the clearly superior iphone hardware could mean big gains in usability, but to put android, which is a little better or a little worse than WebOS depending on who you ask, and put it on the Pre, which has middle of the road hardware compared to android phones, just seems like a circle-jerk.

So, the people who have the ability to figure it out, probably have better things to do with their time.
    some times circle jerks are good things!

GOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by youarenotjim View Post
    some times circle jerks are good things!

GOD!
    Look, no offense intended.

All I'm trying to say is that in this particular situation, the potential gains are so small compared to the work required, that it would be near impossible to find anyone who has the time, knowledge, and inclination to undertake a project like this.

You asked for someone to help you understand why the project died, and that's my attempt at helping you understand it.

If you want people to get involved in something like this, you'd probably get more mileage out of trying to help people see why they should care. Right now, almost nobody cares, [SARCASM]as you can see from the lively and active discussions on the topic[/SARCASM]
    Some people are working on putting their own "flavor" of linux on the palm pre with its own GUI. Here's the wiki: Palm Pre: Jan 2010 - ? - freesmartphone.org