Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok so I check Preware a few times a day to see if the virtual keyboard that was not available to go with the 1.4.2 release of webOS was made available. My last check was earlier this afternoon, and it was still unavailable.

But after just checking right now, I noticed that there were less items in the "unavailable" patches section of Preware. Could it be? What items became available? So I went and typed "Virtual" and lo and behold, there it was!!

Yes!! updating now.
  3.    #3  
    It works fine for email and web, but has the following deficiencies. I am sure that current virtual keyboard users are already familiar with them.

- will not insert spaces in certain situations, like in memos and in other places like in certain functions of the calendar.

- will not appear at all sometimes, like in certain functions of the calendar

- does not have autocorrect

I will play with it more to determine it's usefulness. Perhaps I may just use it for quick messaging, emails and web browsing.
    Just downloaded and it works pretty good

Slight delay to come up, but once its up it types pretty fast and accurate input!

Only bad thing, as with previous complaints, is that it blocks your messages from being read, otherwise so far so good
    known issues posted above can be found here along with other info.

uberkernel seems to have taken a second off the load time for me (sprint pre). also, the key is opening the virtual keyboard in whatever mode that you plan on using it (landscape/portrait). otherwise, it'll take another couple of seconds for rendering.
    I downloaded the patch but for some reason it's not working for me...
    Did you try Restarting the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    I downloaded the patch but for some reason it's not working for me...
    You know you have to do a quick double tap in the gesture area to bring it up while you're in a text field right? And a single tap in the gesture area to make it go away.
  9.    #9  
    I uninstalled it as it seems underdeveloped at this time. It seemed to be slowing my device down also, even though it was not pulled up. I will do some testing later on today to determine if the device is slower with this patch installed.
    install did not work for me either..

the first time i tried, it got stuck when loading.
    the second time i tried it got stuck after successfully loading, but never brought up the screen to reboot the phone.

i restarted the phone, i see it installed in my patches, but when i try to double tap, nothing comes up.

not completely compatible yet?
  11.    #11  
    you have to place the cursor in a text field before double tapping the gesture area to call the keyboard up. But it does not pull up in every text field.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    you have to place the cursor in a text field before double tapping the gesture area to call the keyboard up. But it does not pull up in every text field.
    yep, tried it in lots of apps. tried it in the web app, memo, calendar, etc.. nothing.

did it install correctly for you? liked i said, both times i tried to install it just hung there for over 5 mins. i had to close preware and then reboot manually.
  13.    #13  
    You have to let Preware finish installing it. It did take a while to finish. Let it do it and don't close it out.
    ok. that worked. i guess i'm not patient enough to wait 5 mins. =)

off the bat i noticed backspace does not work in a few places. i went to google.com and amazon.com. both places the backspace doesn't work..
    Trying it out now, will report back with my experiences
    this patch does not work on my ATT phone. should something else be installed with it? When I double tap it minimizes the app i am using...no keyboard.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    this patch does not work on my ATT phone. should something else be installed with it? When I double tap it minimizes the app i am using...no keyboard.
    You made sure Preware finished on it's own and you restarted your device?
    Yes I performed the lunar restart and I have also performed a full restart.
  19.    #19  
    ...after Preware finished installing it on it's own?
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    Are you tapping to the left or right of center on the Gesture area. If the app is minimizing when you tap it sounds like you're tapping in the center which would cause your open app to go into card view.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast