Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I reinstalled and now it works!
    make sure to wait for it to finish, mine tooka long time after it said success. It's still buggy, but good to know that it's coming allong
    It definitely takes a long time to complete loading so you need to wait it out even when it says "success". As far as how it works... not bad, not awesome though. Has anyone figured out how to permanently change the keyboard to another version. It has 4 keyboards you can use but when you change to one other then the default, once you close it out it always goes back to the default. My phone hasn't slowed down at all as others have reported and the double click on my pre works very easy. Accuracy is still 50/50 but that could be me getting accustomed to it.
    I looked it up - typed it in - and it said it was still unavailable.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I looked it up - typed it in - and it said it was still unavailable.
    You have the latest version of Preware and you made sure to update the feeds? As you can see my ATT Pre+ us up and running with it.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Ok so I check Preware a few times a day to see if the virtual keyboard that was not available to go with the 1.4.2 release of webOS was made available. My last check was earlier this afternoon, and it was still unavailable.

But after just checking right now, I noticed that there were less items in the "unavailable" patches section of Preware. Could it be? What items became available? So I went and typed "Virtual" and lo and behold, there it was!!

Great News!
    Thanks for the update.

I added your thread to the sticky:
    New AT&T PRE+ owners!...Stop in Here!!!
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks. It's downloading now (it does take a while). Thanks!
    Works great...
    Are we talking about "Virtual Keyboard" v 1.4.2.2?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Are we talking about "Virtual Keyboard" v 1.4.2.2?
    I went ahead and tried to install this thru Preware. I got the the "success" message, but it never went away. I waited over 3 or 4 minutes.

After a Luna restart, my Pre+ was running VERY slowly. I did a device restart, removed Virtual Keyboard and ran Luna restart.

My Pre+ is back to normal responsiveness.

Any suggestions on what to try to resolve this?
  12.    #32  
    When I first installed the virtual keyboard, it was functional but I felt like my device was laggy, even after a restart. So I uninstalled it, and I guess my device was as fast as I felt it should be. Since then, I reinstalled it and it seems to not have any lag with the virtual keyboard.
    Wow - had to wait 6 minutes for the "Success" screen to go away in Preware!

Did a Luna restart: double tap gesture just minimizes the active card
    Did a Device restart: double tap gesture just minimizes the active card

Preware shows patch installed.

Hmm. Now what?
    Last edited by swieder; 06/01/2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Reinstalled the patch one more time and its is now working.

Would have helped if I was double tapping the correct area!

From Eric:

"The gesture area will NOT minimzie/maximize cards. What you are tapping is the center core navi "button". (It's a button on Pre and simply an "area" on the Pre+). Tap the gesture area that you would begin a back-swipe at for example. If the card minimizes or maximizes, you tapped the wrong area. Sorry for the confusion and I will look to make loading the keyboard more intuitive in a future release."
    it works now for me, I just wasn't patient when it was installing
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    it works now for me, I just wasn't patient when it was installing
    The truth emerges...
    fyi it works on the pixi too O.O just not in lanscape mode (from "j" on, the keyboard is cut off)
    coincidentally i only wanted to use it for landscape purposes >.>
  18.    #38  
    Try it in the web browser on your Pixi and give it a couple seconds to fix itself. Or it could be the different resolution on the pixi screen. What is the pixi resolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post

Would have helped if I was double tapping the correct area!
    would it be too stupid a question to ask a snapshot where exactly I should be tapping? I tried everywhere but nothing comes up
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    would it be too stupid a question to ask a snapshot where exactly I should be tapping? I tried everywhere but nothing comes up
    First tap the field where the text will be entered, whether or not the cursor is already there. Then double tap either the left or right side of the gesture area. Not the middle where the LED notification light is.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast