Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    after the update i did a partial reset and installed preware again patches wont install i get ipkg error do i have to do complete factory reset
    I used WEbos Quick Install and downloaded and installed the Emergency Patch Recovery, then reinstalled Preware, restarted my Pre and no more ipkg errors. Good Luck
    Its a known problem, Uninstall and reinstall both the Packet Manager and Preware. Then you will have to use the emergency migration helper to move the rest of the homebrew apps over then you should be good to go.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    what the heck is emergency migration helper lol . all i did was delete package manager and preware and reinstall both manager first then restart then preware and restart and done works great!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i am having this issue with my pixi, brand new just got it today. Did a doctor restore on it to get apps downloading from official app store. can't install patches getting this error

"Cannot satisfy following dependencies:
    org.webosinternals.patch org.webosinternals.diffstat"

I have uninstalled 3 times with quick install and get the samet hing every time, on any patch.

please help! 1.3.5 pixi
    update. i can install apps, just not patches.
  7.    #7  
    where is the emergency migration
  8.    #8  
    i did what you did im getting nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what the heck is emergency migration helper lol . all i did was delete package manager and preware and reinstall both manager first then restart then preware and restart and done works great!
    You can find it in Preware and the quick installer next to the EPR tool. Apparently the homebrew apps and Preware do not play nice in the old partition after palm fixed the app limit. I could be wrong there's a description on the tool that tells you what it does.
    I personally did not use the tool as I had to do a full Erase for other reasons, so I would think my homebrew apps were reinstalled in the correct spot.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  10.    #10  
    if uninstall preware an reinstall it i cant get to emergency migration from preware so is the only option webos qi
    I had the same issue also. Once I installed preware I had to run WebOS Quick install. I ran the "Tweaks" Utility built in, and it installed the missing dependencies, I know at least one of them was GNU stat. After that, all was well. Hope that helps.

It appears something is broken with the dependency base install, could someone look into this?
  12.    #12  
    did you install preware and package manager from webos qi then thru webos qi you selected tweeks and somthing came up and you hit ok couple times and it added whats missing.
    I've done all the steps & patches are still missing from my Preware. I can't find any on the WebOSQuickInstaller, either! What did the latest update do to the patches?!
    I am having the same problem. Can't install patches. Getting an "error installing: See IPKG Log.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Preware and updated the Package Manager.

What now?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yes something is missing or corrupt. Dif and Gnu stat? maybe. Its my daughters phone..I get like 10 mins to work on it before she has to get back to texting! lol
    So far nothing I have done works. And Preware was broke before I did the the WebOS update. I tried to use it to prep for the update. My first 3 Pre updates were no issue. grrrr.
    Im looking at doing a fresh install of preware ....ive never ever had it on my phone but am ready to try it out anyway will i need to install then uninstall then epr it or can i just install and hit the ground running?
    I GIVE UP!!! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, deleted, added, etc... I tried all I know to try. I can't get the patches to install in preware. Keep getting an error. DANG!!!
    i found the EMH (Emergency Migration Helper) in Preware under the "Linux Application" section.

Hope this helps someone.
  19.    #19  
    something is wrong with my preware cause i dont have no epr or emh i cant find anything that says linux
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling Preware and PMS did the trick for me. Thanks guys!
Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast