Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hermaxx View Post
    screw me
    I never figured it to be that easy *shame*
    If I told you how much time I spent trying to get Preware running you would probably come to my place only to see the fool who wasn't able to do this!
    Unfortunately, I actually can't give you any of the urls I was looking at at the moment because I don't have submitted enough posts yet and consequently can't post links.
    I guess it's better this way so I don't embarrass myself even more.
    Well, thanks by the way!

...can anyone delete this thread?

It is the simple things that mess us up sometimes, we look for bigger issues when it's likely the small stuff. Hang around here and you will learn so much, and have lots of fun with your phone.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Well I have loaded Preware on the Pixi, but for some reason the Themes is not listed on the menu on Preware on the Pixi. I have had no problem with my Pre and browsing through the Themes on Preware. Suggestions to get Preware to list Themes on my Pixi?
    go to preferences in the top left, manage feeds, make sure prethemer and the other theme feed are on. Then update the feeds
    i get the same thing as hermaxx but i already have package manager service installed what can i do?!????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by dltn96acst View Post
    i get the same thing as hermaxx but i already have package manager service installed what can i do?!????????????
    It is highly likely that you haven't followed the instructions correctly. Try again from the beginning a follow every instruction very carefully.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    how do you turn your updates to "manual" i keep getting an error,downloaded this twice now and still get the same error, thinking that this "maual" setting might fix it
    re did the install of QI again and now all i get is

ERROR DOWNLOADING PACKAGE FEED

did my search on here, and did my search on google and nothing gives me an answer besides "package feed is down" which was posted like 3 months ago...

can anyone help me out here, been messing with this for 4 hours now and i'm tired and cranky, going to bed, will check on this in the morning.

Thanks in Advance

p.s. its on a Pixi if that matters, i have the WOQI installed on the phone and the computer and i've tried launching from both...
    Last edited by chris.niemann84; 05/09/2010 at 11:27 PM.
    anyone?
    So what is the difference between this Preware 1.0 & the previous versions?
    Well the little thing that popped up at start-up should've told you, but it's been re-written so the service is unneeded (with boost in performance from what I've seen).
    if I'm not wrong , with 1.0 you don't need the package manager no more!
    Plus its now in c instead of java so you won't have to restart java anymore while updating and installing some of the apps
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Available updates now longer show up on preware. Has a setting changed or have I done something to mess it up. And list of installed packages shows 8, and I have WAY more then 8. Anyone help?
    I noticed my installed apps dropped from 71 to 64. I wonder if it's not showing a certain category now that it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by skasj View Post
    Available updates now longer show up on preware. Has a setting changed or have I done something to mess it up. And list of installed packages shows 8, and I have WAY more then 8. Anyone help?
    Check your feeds.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    checked my saved packages list.. Shows 2 packages. All feeds are on. Now available updates, installed packages, and saved package list are showing WAY less then what I have installed.
    can't install a theme anymore. Having trouble on mine and my wifes.
    ya what happened to the available packages? Did I do something wrong?
    I installed the new version and it showed the correct number of installed packages, but no available packages. I updated the feeds and now everything looks correct.

Thanks WebOS Internals.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/10/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    You need to manage your feeds. Prethemer is turned off by default in the latest version of Preware.
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast