Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Of course right after i post this it starts working again. *face palm*
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepman71 View Post
    I hope patience cures the problem because preware keeps throwing an error that "The Package Manager Service is not running" even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled preware and the package manager service from quick-install several times!
    I am having the same problem. I have been trying to get it to work all weekend now.

The app store also tells me I need to delete some programs or files to make room for programs that I try to install. Programs that were already obtained thru the app store and installed updated and running fine until 1.4 then they were gone. I'm not sure if the two are in any way related.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I am stuck on the ownloading Feed Information" screen. Can't seem to go anyfurther. So sad I am!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    my prewar says "Failure to 'update' operation
    ipkg_conf_init:Failed to create temporary directory
    (null):no such file or directory"

Whats up with that?
    in this instance i had to delete everything and restart by first downloading everything over and then by reinstalling novacom driver then open web QI and hit the blue arrow button ,but if it open the apps repository with an error you have to close and hit the blue button again until it open with no error then go in and download preware and package manager ,gnu patch , diffstat patch , and lsdiff as well then hit the download button and close box and hit install. then preware worked fine
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Same problem here! I downloaded the latest version of PreWare, installed it on my Pre TWICE after installing 1.4, and it is stuck on "downloading feeds".
    I got it to completely load once, but once I closed out of it, it won't let me back on it....LAME! I want my patches back!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    package manager service is the problem . Download it first onto your phone then load up preware

package manager is still giving me problems. I try to use luna manager to do a luns restart and it says that package manager isn't running. Soo .....
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I am not a software person, so a lot of this is over my head. When I first updated with 1.4 I had similar problems as above with my preware, not opening, stuck on opening packages... so I uninstalled and tried reinstalling... then it the re-installation process I accidentally ran WebOSdoctor and wiped my phone clean. I ran the WebOSquick install again (yes all the latest versions) my preware and preware pkg manager installed and ran beautifully. THEN I realized that I wiped out the new OS update (1.4) so I re did that and of course my preware stopped working.

So I uninstalled and now have been spending all day trying to reinstall it. I can get it installed but for whatever reason it won't install the package manager. I have tried everything I can. Help! What am I doing wrong?

Preware will install, but no manager, so I can't open anything. grrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfox27 View Post
    my prewar says "Failure to 'update' operation
    ipkg_conf_init:Failed to create temporary directory
    (null):no such file or directory"

Whats up with that?

Hey I was wondering if you have found a solution to this problem I to am faced with it and it is making me angry...
    Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart8393 View Post
    Hey I was wondering if you have found a solution to this problem I to am faced with it and it is making me angry...
    yep me too
    I have the same problems regarding "Preware". I had reload "Package Manager Services" using the WEBos installer.
    The problem I'm having now is, I can't load any apps... It keeps telling me to delete some apps because of memory? the thing is, nothing is loaded on the phone now.....
    Any suggestions?
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jvwvu View Post
    I am stuck on downloading feed information this sucks - it took away my WV theme and my onscreen keyboard.

I had the same problem (well the stuck at downloading feed part). What I did was to click on the preware tab on top left hand of the screen, select Manage feeds and turned off most of the feeds except for Precentral, Prethemer, Webos-internals,Webos-patches. Once this was done I selected update feeds and I was able to get to preware. I updated the package manager in the package updates, turned on all the feeds back and launched preware... Worked fine since then
    Quote Originally Posted by natefish View Post
    Holy crap, people, I'm an *****. Make sure you are choosing "Just Charge" and not USB Drive mode when connecting to PC if you are having problems getting PreWare to showing up in the launcher. Yup, I am an ***** who finally went back and looked at the directions for installing the homebrew apps. DOH!
    Oh man...I was doing the same thing...my preware is working just fine now...Thanks
    I just bought the palm pre and have been attempting to download the preware to my phone for the last 3 days and still have not downloaded. I am upset and ready to return this phone and get my lotus back. PLEASE if you can help me I would appreciate it, the people that I have spoken to says just play with it and wing it. If I wing it any more I will be able to FLY without an airplane. Your assistance will be helpful
    did you read the how to install preware thread lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Make sure you have developer mode on and the latest webosqi 3.02
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

go to this thread it is very easy and helpful when your stuck
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yesterday I installed Preware and I've been getting the same error message each time I start it up. When I run the program it seems to start working but then I get a very long error message. I can't copy and past but here is the beginning:

"Failure during 'update operation'. Collected errors:, ipkg_dwnload: ERROR: Command failed to return value 1:

Then it goes on for several more lines of error messge. I'm given an "OK button and when I tap it, it begins to load package information and then seems to work just fine. I'm also able to download programs and patches and it seems to work ok. However, when I tap prefs, Last Update says "never".

Anyone have some insight into this??
    Scoob
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast