Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    My preware app is just stuck on the downloading feed info...have tried wifi vs evdo, restarted a couple times...still doesn't update the feeds...if i close preware and re-open it, it gets stuck on the checking package manager and doesn't even get to downloading feeds...anyone else with this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    @ natefish...the feeds finally loaded and i tried to install the pkg mgr svc and preware. it says it transferred over to my phone but preware is not in my launcher.
    Yup, exactly my problem too. Could there be some unforeseen compatibility issues with 1.4 and Preware?
    these are the only issus I am having with preware at the moment.

- Everything takes extremely download (feeds)

-The patches I had installed peior to downloading 1.4 were still installed (i just had to update them) but I couldn't. But I fixed it simply by going to each individual patch and installing again.
    Holy crap, people, I'm an *****. Make sure you are choosing "Just Charge" and not USB Drive mode when connecting to PC if you are having problems getting PreWare to showing up in the launcher. Yup, I am an ***** who finally went back and looked at the directions for installing the homebrew apps. DOH!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    My preware app is just stuck on the downloading feed info...have tried wifi vs evdo, restarted a couple times...still doesn't update the feeds...if i close preware and re-open it, it gets stuck on the checking package manager and doesn't even get to downloading feeds...anyone else with this issue?
    My wife's phone is stuck on Fixing Unknown Packages - 66 out of 82. Been doing that for about 10 minutes now
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    I am stuck on downloading feed information this sucks - it took away my WV theme and my onscreen keyboard.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvwvu View Post
    I am stuck on downloading feed information this sucks - it took away my WV theme and my onscreen keyboard.
    You needed to remove all themes before updating to 1.4...
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Every friggin time....... updated..unpacked... and surprise NOT.... looks like i just took it outta the box on version 1.0....................no patches nothing...........
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    You needed to remove all themes before updating to 1.4...
    No big deal I should just be able to go in Preware and reload everything but it wont open. Its still trying to download feed information.
    THANK YOU!!!!! Got it installed and it's loading!!!
    I need help, I installed the Multi patch and now I can't connect to the internet. I ran the EPR tool and that did not work. I reset the phone, full reset that did not work. When I go to preware it doesnt show the patch intalled. Any help would be great!!!

Btw I can check email and download applications just fine.
    its just running slow because so many people are trying to update their patches at the same time. their servers are swamped. Even if you get passed the loading screen, you'll probably have trouble installing anything. the most painless solution would be to wait a few hours before trying to update your patches.
    many people trying at once,,relax,,when I finnally got in preware,,went to drop down menu,,updated my feeds,,then updated my patches and all was good.
    No doubt Preware and webOS-Internals are getting SLAMMED right now. Keep trying or wait until later.
    I can get Preware to load (after the timeout error), but it's not showing ANY packages as being installed. The App Catalog shows apps installed though. Any thoughts?
    Preware tells me I have my patches updated, but they are not ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    somthing about a dummy patch will be installed until an update is available.
    I got in once within the past 4 hrs... all but preware went through.
    neat phone but I tire of tweaking it over and over. On the upside it forces you to clean house.
    I have preware running okay, now, but now my phone randomly restarts while preware is running. Major problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    They've been hammered all day, I wouldn't worry too much and maybe try downloading the patches later at night, or early morning if you can stay up that late/get up that early. I ran all my updates and such this morning, took me 3 hours to do so, but I got it all back and running...minus the app store
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischampion View Post
    I got that once. My guess is that the various feeds in preware have hit the maximum user allowance. Think of how many people are running Preware right now. Patience padawan.
    I hope patience cures the problem because preware keeps throwing an error that "The Package Manager Service is not running" even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled preware and the package manager service from quick-install several times!
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast