Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233 LastLast
    Read the post right above yours

--edit
    Nevermind, you saw it...
    Quote Originally Posted by PreG8ter View Post
    I downloaded WebOS QuickInstall and removed Preware. When I went into the Tweaks, a weird message displayed:

Cannot connect to package feed: [url]

What the heck does that mean? What the heck did I do wrong?
    Reinstall the latest version of WOSQI and try again.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    yes have to constantly check that webos quick install and preware have been updated or not . otherwise they wont work when you go to use them lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    can we uninstall package manager? preware says I have an update available for package manager services so I've been trying to update it but it just gets stuck there
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    can we uninstall package manager? preware says I have an update available for package manager services so I've been trying to update it but it just gets stuck there
    There is no more Package Manager Service. All you need is Preware 1.0.0 or above.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I GOT PREWARE LOADED!!! I am very happy. I want to say thanks to everyone on this thread that I started for helping me out. I really appreciate it very much. Great support from all of you.

And an "ultra mega thanks" to Mod jbg7474 for for being so helpful. He spent hours with me on this and figured out my problem. He sent me the driver I needed to get my Pre and my pc to communicate. He went far and beyond what he needed to to help me out.

Anyway thanks all !
    I'm so glad you got it working. Enjoy!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Trying to install preware, After opening quick install I click internal feeds all but there is no manager or preware option to check the box and download??? ***!!!
    Do you have a Pre? If so, Preware will be in the WebOS Internals (Pre) feed. Package Manager Service is included in the Preware install, so it won't be listed.
    Got it! Thanks a lot bro!
    No problem
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Cool!

Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I downloaded Preware v1.1.0 and am able to download applications and patches. On the main screen i see

Package Updates
    Available Applications
    Available Themes
    Available Patches
    etc.

Availaboe Applications and Available Patches are in black and i can use them.
    The "Available Themes" is grayed out and i am not able to enter it and download themes.

I went to "manage themes" and turned precentral-themes and prethemer on, but it didnt do anything.
    How can i fix this?
    Did you 'Update Feeds' after you turned those theme feeds on?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    this is happening to me too. i have turned on all the feeds in preferences, updated feeds, and even restarted the phone. package updates and available themes are the only two grayed out. any ideas?

UPDATE:
    I also just noticed that the themer in webos quick install gives the error "Cannot connect to package feed" and i cannot go to the feed in the browser either. not sure if this is related or not.

here is the feed that is failing:

http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes/Packages
    It is working now. I just exited preware and started it up again. I had already done this before so i dont know why it is just working though.
    Quote Originally Posted by klausvenus View Post
    It is working now. I just exited preware and started it up again. I had already done this before so i dont know why it is just working though.
    i have exited and restarted a few times now and still no luck