Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233 LastLast
    Just follow the steps you did when you installed it the first time. http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Thanks oman2u. I'm going to fiddle around with it more to try and customize the feeds a little better. So far so good.

Downloaded a few apps so far. Though one called Amazing Wallpapers is kind of lame since the backgrounds are stored on their servers and they don't save to Photos for some stupid reason. I'd like to store at least a few of their backgrounds on my phone.. I imagine that they must be saved *somewhere* on the phone but who knows.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I have been having this problem for the past week. Constantly phone goes offline, my texts don't go through and when I call it keeps saying connecting until I end call then it says ending.. I don't know what is wrong it has been fine but just now it has started doing this. Help would be apperciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    I have been having this problem for the past week. Constantly phone goes offline, my texts don't go through and when I call it keeps saying connecting until I end call then it says ending.. I don't know what is wrong it has been fine but just now it has started doing this. Help would be apperciated
    do you or did you ever have preware installed? any homebrew apps whatsoever?

im trying to determine if certain problems might be traced to homebrew software.
    After tinkering with Preware last night I finally got it to work. But now after having it on my Pre for a day, several problems are starting to emerge that were non-existent before I messed with Preware. Problem one is the Palm App Store simply runs when it feels like it. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. Im guessing a conflict with the Preware feeds. Problem number two is texts sometimes fail to deliver. Another non-existent problem before Preware. The last problem lies with Preware itself. The application fails to to completely load. 'Package Updates' and 'Available Packages' are both greyed out, as if it didnt connect at all which i don't think it did.

I'm thinking about uninstalling Preware so I can get my phone back to normal , even though I did like what I saw so far of Preware, the one or two times that it connected.
    It just be a bad install of preware...I've had preware on my Pixi since day two and no probs with it. Though, of course, every case and phone is different. If you have the time I would take preware off, pkay with your phone a bit to see if it's acting normal again, then reinstall and start with preware fun If it works, it's totally worth the effort. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    It just be a bad install of preware...I've had preware on my Pixi since day two and no probs with it. Though, of course, every case and phone is different. If you have the time I would take preware off, pkay with your phone a bit to see if it's acting normal again, then reinstall and start with preware fun If it works, it's totally worth the effort. Good luck!
    Sounds like a good idea.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've been using preware since it was available. No problems on all three of my phones. Something might be off in your settings. If you can't find anything there it must be a bad install, try reinstalling like previously suggested.
    Should I also uninstall and re-install the various patches like diffstat, lsdiff, gnupatch?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My relatively new Sprint Pre - running 1.4.1.1 - is experiencing some VERY bizarre Preware problems. Here's the skinny....

A few days ago I was obliged to run Web OS Doctor and doctor my Pre (for the first time) follow a weird Launcher problem (the Launcher wouldn't load but just grayed out). I doctored my Pre, restarted it and the problem seemed solved. I then used WOSQI to reinstall Preware and reinstall one or two Patches. I did the require Luna restarts and/or restarts.

So here's the PROBLEM: after a restart, Preware shows up on my Launcher. It seems fully functional - I can launch it and access the full Preware menu (of Available Apps, Patches, Installed Packages, etc)

BUT - when I access ANY of the downloaded Apps on my Pre (whether Homebrew or from the App Catalog) - after running them, when I go back to the Launcher page where Preware USED TO BE.....it's DISAPPEARED!

The only way to make it reappear...is to restart my bloody Pre!

WEIRD, huh?????

Just to be on the safe side, I've used WOSQI to uninstall - and then reinstall - Preware - but the problem PERSISTS.

Anyone have ANY ideas?

MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Miguel
    Last edited by MiguelATF; 05/25/2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: SOLVED the Problem!

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    maybe give a shot at moving it to a different page and see if it disappears then?
    is the actual app gone, or is there no icon, but just text? what happens if you start to type PREWARE? does universal search find it?

also, what version are you running, there was a version roll-back with 1.10 i believe, but it is now fixed in 1.1.1? you may want to check and ensure you are running the most uptodate and stable version.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I have had preware installed for since it first came out and patches as well. It just drives me nutz because out of no where it will say phone offline and searching and then come back dropped my call today too. Thanks
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Well, there is a partial solution to the mystery....

For reasons I still don't full comprehend, my Launcher App decided to randomly switch the Preware Icon....to a NEW Launcher page!

Up until now, I only had 3 Launcher Pages. But somehow the Launcher arbitrarily (?) decided to create a 4th Page - and put the Preware Icon on it.

But it was only doing it some of the time. Usually after I accessed an App. And not always then. Weird, huh?

Once I figured this out - my partial solution was to download a very functional Patch - lmorchard's "Named Pages in App Launcher" - which among other things lets a user name different Launches pages as well as organize what shows up where on which Launcher page when.

Having done that - now the Preware Icon is staying on the Launcher Page I've specified....instead of randomly appearing and/or disappearing.

WHEW!

Thanks for all the suggestions which helped my brain process this.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I removed all patches and apps from home brew and removed preware as well. Still doing same thing and now I can't connect yo my wifi like it connects but it doesn't let me surf the web with wifi =/. Still goes offline any help?
    Glad everything worked out!
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    So Irondust, any luck?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    So Irondust, any luck?
    Hi Targon,

No luck yet getting it installed. However last night jbg7474 PM'd me some very detailed instrctions about how to get the novacom file installed which is where I'm hung up.

Trying it later today.
    Last edited by irondust; 05/25/2010 at 08:58 AM.
    thanks @pip, needed that tip
    Quote Originally Posted by FozzyBear View Post
    My wife installed a theme, but when she keeps getting the following error message:
    Any suggestions??
    It sound like there was a theme previously installed that hasn't properly been removed. Find that previous theme and reinstall it with Preware, and then remove it again. Once this is done you should be able to install the new theme.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation