Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Awesome! One last question, were you able update the feed manually?
    just tried right now and succes! Thank you for helping
    While clicking on the arrow for feeds, I get an "error downloading packaging feed" notification. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have the same Problem, but i thing its a problem in the
    webos-internals server. The Page is even not reachable.
    i got it installed but when i try to install patches it doesnt work..... i want my 4 icons back!
    As I have written above, the webos interal site is often unreachable. Thus, the packages for thweaks not be loaded.
    Have Fun EPOD
    I am getting to the feeds via QuickInstall after waiting a bit, but my problem is that Preware doesn't show up in the launcher after I install it. Instead, half of my installed apps disappear. Then, when I restart my Pre, the apps are back, but still no PreWare.

I want my patches!
    I had that problem (no preware in the launcher after install) right before I updated to 1.4.
    My PreWare worked fine, sort of. It's still there, but took FOREVER to download the package listings, probably because everyone else is hitting the server at the same time. I'm updating all the patches and stuff now. I'll let you folks know if I have any problems. Seems to be going okay so far.
    I thing everything is now working for me. Not !!
    Last edited by epod; 02/27/2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Have Fun EPOD
    @ natefish...the feeds finally loaded and i tried to install the pkg mgr svc and preware. it says it transferred over to my phone but preware is not in my launcher.
    it also does not show up under "device management".
    *bump* same problems here. Glad I'm not the only one.
    @WebOSinternals tweeted this about an hour ago: We might be seeing timeouts on Preware connections soon ... on Twitpic - We might be seeing timeouts on Preware connections soon ...

Probably the problem....
    i hope this includes the problem not seeing preware in the launcher after it says it's installed.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    i can believe it. i keep getting the error:
    Failure during 'update' operation
    Collected errors:, ipkg_download:
    ERROR: Command failed with return
    value 1: 'wget--passive-ftp-q-P
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg.gz'wget:
    cannont connect to remote host
    (140.211.169.177): Connection timed out
    I followed the advice from the front page of the blog: prior to running the update, I went into Preware and updated everything. I had to update package manager separately, then I was able to "update all".

Then I ran the Update app and downloaded, unpacked, and installed WebOS 1.4. When it rebooted, I had none of my tweaks showing. I went back into Preware and re-ran the "update all" feature, restarted luna as instructed at the end of the process and got back:

Battery percentage and icon
    4x4 icons
    SMS Tones per contact
    Message counter
    Quote Originally Posted by wwarren2 View Post
    i can believe it. i keep getting the error:
    Failure during 'update' operation
    Collected errors:, ipkg_download:
    ERROR: Command failed with return
    value 1: 'wget--passive-ftp-q-P
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg.gz'wget:
    cannont connect to remote host
    (140.211.169.177): Connection timed out
    I got that once. My guess is that the various feeds in preware have hit the maximum user allowance. Think of how many people are running Preware right now. Patience padawan.
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    i hope this includes the problem not seeing preware in the launcher after it says it's installed.
    Not sure man...but you could log onto the IRC for #WebOS-internals and ask, I'm sure someone would help you. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I am getting the following errors using WOSQI on both my Pres. Happening both with Tweaks and the online repository. Also having issues accessing Preware on my phones, taking forever and timing out. I've verified both phones are in Dev mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast