Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Thank you for all the suggestions. Emergency Reconstruction Utility fixed the corrupted data files and now Preware shows all my apps again and then some. Unfortunately, it also shows 15 patches that I originally had and Preware now thinks they are still installed even though I effectively removed them via webOSRepairUtility with Override compatibility mode. Anyhow, at least I will try to work on that issue, but thank you everyone from saving me from "doctoring" my Pre. You guys are all great!
    Just remove the patches you still see via WebOs QI (use this if Preware doesnt let you remove them) or Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I was talking and reading at the same time. I guess I'm really bad at multitasking. I will read more carfully next time and not jump the gun.
    No worries
    Thanks again everyone!! Will "remove" patches via Preware or webOS QI and resinstall and hopefully be on my merry way. THANKS AGAIN!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm still stuck trying to get Preware installed. I keep getting to the same point. I know I have followed the istructions each time but all I get to is the WOSQI downloaded to pc..

It won't load novacom. I've attempted to load it manually but can't find it anywhere to do so.

I was going to try to load Preware without WOSQI but that looks even more involved. Very frustrating.

What makes it worse is the app selection in the Palm Catalog are very weak as far as selection. I love everything else about this phone but the third party apps have been a real challenge for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    I'm still stuck trying to get Preware installed. I keep getting to the same point. I know I have followed the istructions each time but all I get to is the WOSQI downloaded to pc..

It won't load novacom. I've attempted to load it manually but can't find it anywhere to do so.

I was going to try to load Preware without WOSQI but that looks even more involved. Very frustrating.

What makes it worse is the app selection in the Palm Catalog are very weak as far as selection. I love everything else about this phone but the third party apps have been a real challenge for me.
    In WOSQI click on "File", then "Options" There will be a button to Attempt Novacom (re)installation. Give that a shot.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Also make sure you have the webOS Doctor downloaded. Put it in the same folder. WOSQI won't work if you don't have the doctor.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    In WOSQI click on "File", then "Options" There will be a button to Attempt Novacom (re)installation. Give that a shot.
    This is one of my issues. I go to "File" then "options" but the novacom re install is not an option. There's nothing there at all to choose from, it's empty.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Also make sure you have the webOS Doctor downloaded. Put it in the same folder. WOSQI won't work if you don't have the doctor.
    When it tells me Webos Dr needs to be installed I hit "yes" and it installs. So I'm assuming it installs.

I think most of my problem is this phone is very powerful but I don't have the "technical" understanding yet to insure I'm getting the most out of this phone. I'm a level 101 user right now and need to learn more.

Thanks
    This is one of my issues. I go to "File" then "options" but the novacom re install is not an option. There's nothing there at all to choose from, it's empty.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling WOSQI? Also, make sure you have version 3.12 of WOSQI.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling WOSQI?
    I've not unintalled. I keep starting the install process over and over. Perhaps this is my problem. I'll try uninstalling WOSQI and re install. Thanks.
    I've not unintalled. I keep starting the install process over and over. Perhaps this is my problem. I'll try uninstalling WOSQI and re install. Thanks.
    I'm not sure what you might have missed, but my suggestion is to start from scratch. First go here: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes , and follow each step carefully. You can't skip anything.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    It has taken me a while to get the hang of this stuff. So, first up, update your Java, then install the SDK. Remember that the SDK comes in two flavors, 32 bit and 64 bit based on the version of Windows you are running. During the SDK install, keep your Pre or Pixi unplugged, and make sure that no error messages come up saying it can't install device drivers or anything like that.

Also, check your device manager to make sure nothing is there with a red X or yellow exclamation to indicate problems.

Once you have done that, make sure your Pre or Pixi are in developer mode, the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart SHOULD give you access to developer mode, click it, and turn it on. Reboot when instructed.

Once it has finished rebooting, connect the Pre/Pixi to your computer, and make sure to say "charge only", do NOT use it as a drive.

Next, use the WebOS Quickinstall. In Quickinstall, you can click on Tools and Device management. If your computer is talking to your phone properly, you will see signs of life and some information back showing what apps and patches may be installed.

If everything is working, then installing Preware 1.0 will be a piece of cake. If any of these steps fails or you run into trouble, report back where you are seeing the problem. Developer mode is critical since the installers require it to get from the computer to the phone.

I hope this helps. I am still a newb around here, but I've gotten MOST things working properly.
    Two nights ago, I ran Preware, and it informed me that an update to Preware 1.0.4 was available. I hit the update button, put the Pre down for about 20 minutes, and came back to find the download still in progress and going nowhere. So I threw the card away, ran Preware again, and no update was available any more; my Preware version was still 1.0.0.

Anyway, now, whenever I run Preware, I ALWAYS get "sorry, too many cards." I have to exit Preware and restart my Pre. Anyone else seeing anything like this?
    WebOS-Internals pulled the 1.0.4 update when they found some errors with the package. You must have been installing it when it was pulled.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Preware.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I just installed the update with no issues. Could OP have something still on the device causing issues right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I just installed the update with no issues. Could OP have something still on the device causing issues right now?
    that's what I was afraid of: some installation files corrupted perhaps?

so you've been able to get the update now? Hadn't seen it in the catalog as of this afternoon.
    Yeah.. I didn't know there was an update available until I read your post, so I checked. It was there and installed fast n easy for me. I'm thinking that you may have a corrupt file possibly? I would suggest posting your question over in the WebOS-Internals forum as the are the developers of the app.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    It has taken me a while to get the hang of this stuff. So, first up, update your Java, then install the SDK. Remember that the SDK comes in two flavors, 32 bit and 64 bit based on the version of Windows you are running. During the SDK install, keep your Pre or Pixi unplugged, and make sure that no error messages come up saying it can't install device drivers or anything like that.

Also, check your device manager to make sure nothing is there with a red X or yellow exclamation to indicate problems.

Once you have done that, make sure your Pre or Pixi are in developer mode, the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart SHOULD give you access to developer mode, click it, and turn it on. Reboot when instructed.

Once it has finished rebooting, connect the Pre/Pixi to your computer, and make sure to say "charge only", do NOT use it as a drive.

Next, use the WebOS Quickinstall. In Quickinstall, you can click on Tools and Device management. If your computer is talking to your phone properly, you will see signs of life and some information back showing what apps and patches may be installed.

If everything is working, then installing Preware 1.0 will be a piece of cake. If any of these steps fails or you run into trouble, report back where you are seeing the problem. Developer mode is critical since the installers require it to get from the computer to the phone.

I hope this helps. I am still a newb around here, but I've gotten MOST things working properly.
    Thanks for this reply. I really appreciate it the feedback.
    thanks guys! I'll try the un/re-install option first and go from there. I'll add "thanks" to y'all when I'm on the full site later
    There is a new update now, 1.1.0 and I just downloaded it. Is that the same one as you are speaking of?