Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 646
  1. #521  
    Good catch!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  2. #522  
    I'm having the same trouble. I have followed all of the steps but when I select the blue down arrow, nothing happens. I don't even get a window that pops up.
  3. #523  
    Again make sure the phone is plugged into the pc and that you get the usb icon on the computer to say a device is plugged in.
    If you want, navigate to your c drive, program files, find the folder palm inc, inside this folder is a sub folder and novacom.
    I recommend going into the sub folder and re-installing the drivers while your phone is not plugged in. Then if your phone is still not recognised bu wosqi, double click the novacom and see if this helps.
  4. #524  
    Woo. You scared me.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  5. #525  
    That Totally worked!
  6. irondust's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Again make sure the phone is plugged into the pc and that you get the usb icon on the computer to say a device is plugged in.
    If you want, navigate to your c drive, program files, find the folder palm inc, inside this folder is a sub folder and novacom.
    I recommend going into the sub folder and re-installing the drivers while your phone is not plugged in. Then if your phone is still not recognised bu wosqi, double click the novacom and see if this helps.
    This is what I'm looking for I think. I'm not seeing the nocacom file download. I thought it was supposed to load automatically. So I wondered if I could load it manually. This helps alot thank you.
  7. #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by cld89leona View Post
    I'm having the same trouble. I have followed all of the steps but when I select the blue down arrow, nothing happens. I don't even get a window that pops up.
    I had the same problem,when in quickinstall I clicked on the blue arrow nothing happen. downloaded everything on a 2nd computer and it worked for me..hope this helps...
  8. irondust's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by cld89leona View Post
    That Totally worked!
    You did what pip smith suggested with novacom file? I'm hoping this is the fix I'm looking for.
  9. irondust's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy48 View Post
    I had the same problem,when in quickinstall I clicked on the blue arrow nothing happen. downloaded everything on a 2nd computer and it worked for me..hope this helps...
    Wonder if it's my computer then that's causing problem? Hope not. Trying pip smiths novacon approach first. If that won't work i'll try another pc.

    Thanks
  10. #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    Wonder if it's my computer then that's causing problem? Hope not. Trying pip smiths novacon approach first. If that won't work i'll try another pc.

    Thanks
    let me know if it works for you.I'm still wondering if laptop need's a good beating...
  11. #531  
    irondust,in quick install,under tweaks does the (online repository) come up,not grayed out?
  12. #532  
    Yeah the problem is you don't see which patches collide in editing that file.
    Maybe the most recent version of Preware fixes this problem (?).
  13. irondust's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy48 View Post
    irondust,in quick install,under tweaks does the (online repository) come up,not grayed out?
    I didn't notice this first few times I tried install. I'm going to be attempting install after work tonight. One way or another I'm getting Preware loaded tonight. (Well I hope)
  14. #534  
    My Verizon Palm Pre Plus (webOS 1.4.1.1) crashed for the first time since owning it. I had just updated 5 apps. Then, later on it froze! Not even a self reboot or self luna reboot...Anyhow, afterwards, everything seem fine until I ran Preware (ver 1.0) and noticed it only recognized that last 5 app that updated. All 15 patches and packages and rest of homebrew apps and regular apps are not recognized by Preware. I also ran webOSrepair utility. No change. I figured I better get rid of the patches, so I ran webOSrepair utility with overide compatiblity to get rid of all the patches. I also ran webOSquickinstall and it only recognizes the same 5 apps and nothing else.

    I also tried restoring Preware data from Save/Restore and no difference.

    Is there anything else I can do before running webOS doctor?

    Thanks in advance...
  15. #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Emergency patch installer or emergency patch recovery should save you from the doctor. Read up on both first.
    Btw, he said apps, not patches. No disrespect, but, Do not use any of those things he stated above. Bascially, if you cant see the apps, patches and everything else, you might want to delete Preware and reinstall it. Seeing that this is affecting everything, i would advise that you dont use EPR or EPI
  16. #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Btw, he said apps, not patches. No disrespect, but, Do not use any of those things he stated above.
    Oh ****, I read patches in the middle and then auto-piloted the rest. Yes, please ignore my post, I will delete it to save confusion. But thanks for saving the OP Jason.
  17. #537  
    You need the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, not those other ones. It rebuilds the ipkg install status if it gets corrupted(IE if Preware doesn't recognize installed apps)
  18. #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Oh ****, I read patches in the middle and then auto-piloted the rest. Yes please ignore my post, I will delete it to save confusion. But thanks for saving Jason.
    No problem. He did say patches but no in the way you were thinking about it
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    No problem. He did say patches but no in the way you were thinking about it
    I was talking and reading at the same time. I guess I'm really bad at multitasking. I will read more carfully next time and not jump the gun.
  20. #540  
    Thank you for all the suggestions. Emergency Reconstruction Utility fixed the corrupted data files and now Preware shows all my apps again and then some. Unfortunately, it also shows 15 patches that I originally had and Preware now thinks they are still installed even though I effectively removed them via webOSRepairUtility with Override compatibility mode. Anyhow, at least I will try to work on that issue, but thank you everyone from saving me from "doctoring" my Pre. You guys are all great!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions