Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure if you've figured it out yet or not but I was having the same issue as you. Googled it to find the answer and came across this post. After looking through the script you posted I found the answer, for mine anyways. I had the 'Hide quick launch in app launcher remix' patch installed. Uninstalled that and it worked fine. Hope that helps.
    I like the idea of that would be sweet.
    So i've done simple restarts and hard resets on the pre and 2 no end has the preware worked after the update. The error comes up every time
    I think you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling through quick install. I think the read/write functionality must have gone wrong in the installation but this is only a guess.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've been trying to download Preware for a couple days now but I'm not having much luck. I followed the directions, watched several youtube vids that explain the install but I keep missing something.

I have been able to get my phone in developer mode fine and I can install the Webos Quick Install to my computer. The webos doctor installs fine too. That's as far as I get.

No files are loaded after Webos Quick Install shows up on my pc. It also doesn't prompt me to connect my phone at any point.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks
    connect your phone to the pc, select just charge, open quick install, select big blue arrow, go to webos internal (pre) feed, tick preware, install.
    yurp. Preware is hiding under the blue arrow. Then you have to change to the correct feed!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    connect your phone to the pc, select just charge, open quick install, select big blue arrow, go to webos internal (pre) feed, tick preware, install.
    Thanks for reply. That's my problem. I select just charge on my phone and hit blue arrow but there are no files to even choose from. The webos quick install box is empty. Nothing seems to load.
    wosqi should prompt you to download the webOS doctor. If it did that, then it should be able to communicate with your phone.

You might also try installing the SDK--that should also install the drivers needed to communicate with your phone.

If you're still stuck, a good source for help would be the #webos-internals channel on irc. Sometimes it's easier to do this kind of thing in real time.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Does it give you an error when you hit the blue or is it that nothing comes up. Try going to options in quick install and selecting device management, what comes up?
    also what webos version is on your phone?
    you need a valid connection to the internet on your pc.

also, what version of webps, ans whay bersion of quickinstall?
    Just ran the DR. on my phone and reinstalled preware, but when I open it up there are no themes to choose. There is no menu for themes, and limited patches. It seems that it is missing a lot of stuff that was there previously.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Does it give you an error when you hit the blue or is it that nothing comes up. Try going to options in quick install and selecting device management, what comes up?
    also what webos version is on your phone?
    Wow thanks to all of you that are responding so quickly to help. I didn't expect this much help so fast.

I receive no errors. It's just empty. I have webos 1.4.1.1. I'll follow this thread advise and try again.

Again thanks you guys for this help.
    You can also try going to w w w. webosinternals. o r g (leave out the spaces, I know you can't see links, yet) and read how to install Preware without WOSQI, if you simply cannot get it to work for you.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by irondust View Post
    Wow thanks to all of you that are responding so quickly to help. I didn't expect this much help so fast.

I receive no errors. It's just empty. I have webos 1.4.1.1. I'll follow this thread advise and try again.

Again thanks you guys for this help.
    Question, did you update Java to the latest version?
    This is an essential.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    You can also try going to w w w. webosinternals. o r g (leave out the spaces, I know you can't see links, yet) and read how to install Preware without WOSQI, if you simply cannot get it to work for you.
    I didn't know this. Thanks for this info.
    ^^ what vza said.
    Have you definitely got the pre plugged into the usb cable?
    figured it out, apparently I had an older version of preware. I found that you can turn on and off specific feeds so that was the problem.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Question, did you update Java to the latest version?
    This is an essential.
    Yes I did update to latest Java version. I'm going to try the process over again tomorrow. I have to be missing something. If it doesn't work i'll try it without WOSQI with link sugessted above.

Thanks again for quick reply.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ^^ what vza said.
    Have you definitely got the pre plugged into the usb cable?
    Yes because it's where I select "just charge" so it's connected.

Thanks