Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hopefully someone can assist. I am stuck. Everytime I connect my phone to the computer and run WebOs QI. Then go to tools->tweaks. I get an error saying:

Cannot connect to package feed

//ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1.1/packages

I click ok, then when I go to the online repository tab.....its blank.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how can I fix it.
    first question would be: Do you have your device in Developer Mode?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Sorry about that, yes I do have it in Dev Mode.
    check your Services tab in the Task Manager and see if NovaComm is running. You may want to stop it and restart the service. Sometimes I have to do that for QI to work correctly.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Not sure if this would make a difference or not, but, is the phone in usb mode or just charging?
    Also... try this... Open up Preware on your device and tap the upper left corner to pull down the menu. Select 'Update Feeds'. Close Preware and try QI again.
    <<Renamed Thread from "Need help"
    to "Need help - Preware / QI">>

Please give you threads a Title that will make future support searches for others easier.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thanks, I will try all the above at this point.

Ok, I tried everything, and now when I plug the phone up to the computer. QI says no devices found.
    Quote Originally Posted by trivia3 View Post

Ok, I tried everything, and now when I plug the phone up to the computer. QI says no devices found.
    When that happens close QI, stop and restart your Novacomm service.. then restart QI.

Now that you have all the steps, try rebooting you computer and start from the beginning. Remember to set your Pre to Just Charge.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Hopefully someone can assist. I am stuck. Everytime I connect my phone to the computer and run WebOs QI. Then go to tools->tweaks. I get an error saying:

Cannot connect to package feed

//ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1.1/packages

I click ok, then when I go to the online repository tab.....its blank.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how can I fix it.
    This sounds like a webOS-Internals feed issue, not a problem connected the Pre to Win/WOSQI. Does anything come up when you go to device management?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Listen to Newman. Packer fans from Chicago are quite possibly the 2nd smartest people on the planet.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I'm sure it would be cool to have, but I don't se myself using Preware in landscape mode too much. It's formatted very well for portrait view.

As for a patch, I think it's possible. Someone more experienced should come in here and share your thoughts
    While I don't see a real reason for it I believe it can be done
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Listen to Newman. Packer fans from Chicago are quite possibly the 2nd smartest people on the planet.
    haha... the first smartest being those who live in Minnesota!

Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    This sounds like a webOS-Internals feed issue, not a problem connected the Pre to Win/WOSQI. Does anything come up when you go to device management?
    Yes, this issue has happened to others in the past... that's why I suggested updating the Feeds in Preware before retrying QI. Sometimes there is a weird issue where a file/feed has a misplaced capital letter in the name (as an example) and causes an issue. By updating the feeds, you get the correct working info loaded before retrying.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for assistance. I updated the feeds, restarted my computer and voila.....it works.
    Thanks everyone for assistance. I updated the feeds, restarted my computer and voila.....it works.
    I figured that would work... Happy Pre'ing!
    [QUOTE=HelloNNNewman;2462614]haha... the first smartest being those who live in Minnesota!

I'd have to go with those of us who hail from The Promised Land. There are little pieces of heaven all over Second City though. Check out Will's Northwoods Inn. A true memorial to the way God meant football fans to live.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    There isn't any reason for it really,
    i just thought about it when i realised that it didn't.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers