Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Dang! You could have doctored and had it back running by now! Well hopefully it won't be in vain.
    You have corrupted your memory somehow. I don't think your apps were cleared properly when you doctored.
    If I were you, I would re-doctor and start again. Sounds like some left over files are filling up the memory.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Is there a way to trick Preware so I can see Webos Internals for 1.4.1.1?

Never mind.. The apps dont work anyways :/
    Last edited by Vkitty; 05/16/2010 at 09:01 PM.
    ye I think re-doctoring is the way to put this right. Even if you could get rid of the errors you are still going to get corrupted memory so a doctor is in order I think
    You do not give up do you. Right the only way that you could possibly do that is if you doctored your pre back to 1.4.1 but the problem is your device is designed for 1.4.2! So don't do it.
    You will not be able to put the current kernel on 1.4.2 because compatibility has not been tested yet.
    If you would like to speed up the process of getting the kernel then I suggest you email opensource.palm.com and ask if they are releasing the source code for the 1.4.2 kernel.
    This will then allow the developers to get the kernel working for you
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You do not give up do you.

Ya, I am a bit persistence lol...but I figured as much when I finally found an app for 1.4.1.1 but it didnt work on my 1.4.2 pre.

Well, you cant say I didnt try lol... Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Ya, I am a bit persistence lol...but I figured as much when I finally found an app for 1.4.1.1 but it didnt work on my 1.4.2 pre.

Well, you cant say I didnt try lol... Thanx
    Yes you are. If you want to be constructively persistent though and want the kernel I suggest you go to the opensource.palm.com and email and ask about the 1.4.2 kernel source code being released.
    If they do reply with somthing useful, I suggest you PM rwhitby with the link and explain it is the 1.4.2 code.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    At least I have just left here on its own, never focusing on it, thankfully it is Sunday, no work today.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I was so frusterated about the theme thing missing!! I had to get a new pre do to hardware issues, i tried to load preware and themes were missing and i figured I just got an old version and i was going nuts trying to figure out how to update it.. I uninstalled it and reinstalled... then ofcourse the app catelog went down for the first time ever so i thought i **** something up and did a hard reset.. anyways this forum saved me! Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Yes you are. If you want to be constructively persistent though and want the kernel I suggest you go to the opensource.palm.com and email and ask about the 1.4.2 kernel source code

Thanx.. Will do, and done ::smile::
    Just be patient. I'm sure the solution will be available very soon.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by dylskee View Post
    I'm having the same problem here, I had to webOSDoctor my phone today and when I installed preware I couldn't find the package manager service to download. Isn't that something I need to run themes? Anyway, I went into preferences like you said and turned them on and now when i run Preware Themes shows up but it's greyed out and doesn't show any themes. What am I missing here?
    As of Preware 1.0.0 there is no more Package Manager Service.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    im having an issue with preware not installing.

i just doctored my phone and when i go to use WOQI (v. 3.12) to install preware it goes through the process normally without any errors, yet when i check my pre preware is not there. i have restarted luna, rebooted the phone, shut it off pulled the battery and still nothing.

when i go into WOQI i can still chose preware to install. if i go to device management it will show preware installed and numerous times i have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it.

still nothing. any help?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i think i found my problem. my webos version was rolled back to 1.3.1

but now my update manager wont check for updates ._.
    I would try and doctor again with the current version of Web OS.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Letting it scan overnight, now I won't know how long it scanned, that is IF it finishes overnight sometime.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Wow you have a little more patience than I do. I would have doctored and went on with something else.
    why is preware no longer in webos quick install??
    It is there, change the feed at the top of the packages page to webos internals (pre)