Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    OK, I have the repair utility ready to execute. Once I do this and presumeing it corrects all files, I guess all patches will really be removed and I start over? Will I be able to use the Saved Package List to restore the patches I had applied?

One question: Any reason I can't leave it as is? What happens when the next update comes out, will I be forced to correct this anyway at that time? Or will the next update just update around it?

Thanks for your response pip smith.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes I found out the hard way yesterday when you do a partial reset it wipes the cryptos folder where all apps and patches are installed. So while your patches will still be workable you can't uninstall or modify them at all so you will have to doctor if you want that option. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.
    I just wish I had the option of doing this or not, not much of a lesson when someone else (Palm) did this to me.

So, are you saying the repair utility is not an option to consider?

Thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    The other thing you could do is re-install all the patches that have been left on your phone using preware and then remove them and see if they are cleared. If so then you can repatch through preware.
    Otherwise try the repair utility.
    Well you can try the repair utility or the Emergency Recovery Utility they might work. I had doctored all the way down to 1.03 and wanted a clean phone so after I made the major SNAFU of doing a partial reset I just doctored to 1.4.1.1 again and started over. Two things that made it bearable was the Pre Backup utility it restores text messages, emails, etc.. Glad I had that program. I am still trying to get the Save/Restore to restore my checkbook database though.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Running the repair utility, will see how that turns out. I expect that if it fixes all the aforementioned modified files in the attached text to the 1st post, I will just need to install the patches again, which is not too bad.

If this fails, will try installing a patch I know is there already and uninstall it. I wonder about this route though, as I think the AUPT function stores backed up files that were altered? Since they are already in an altered state, I wonder what will happen.

I had tried the Pre Backup Utility when it first came out, had some trouble with it and removed it. I for sure will look at it again.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    This is taking a very long time, about 3.5 seconds to test each file. How many files is there to test, approximately?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    It is STILL running.
    Has it finished testing the items and is now repairing or still testing?
    Can Someone Help Me Here!!!!!
    "Apathy Is Acquired, Not Inherited" - Dominic Eugene
    Just to verify: it is Preware 1.0 that you are trying to install?
    Ye what wosqi version are you using?
    Check the NovacomD (Palm Novacom) service on your computer. If it is running, stop it and then restart it again. Task Manager>Services Tab
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    It is STILL testing.

Just scanned:

Scanning /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/sim_card_1.png
    Found md5sum: 0e6e067a7e9c257a92d9b219548a65a5
    Expected md5sum: 0e6e067a7e9c257a92d9b21954

Will let it keep going.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Yeah the repair utility at least for me is a hit or miss deal. Either it scans through pretty quick < 10 mins or it gets stuck on some .png or another file at the beginning and sits on that file like . . forever. When it does this I have to open process explorer to manually kill it. This is regardless of having the compatability thing checked or not.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    I just used webos Doctor and then installed the latest webOS on my pre. I downloaded the latest Webos QuickInstall and Webdoctor and put preware on my phone. Everything was fine but:

After about 4 or 6 seconds when it loads it begins to come with error msgs. Before I can OK the last the main pops up with this error msg.
    Preware
    Unable to run command:/bin/mkdir -p
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cach
    e 2>&1
    mkdir:cannot create directory
    '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cach
    e': Read-only file system
    Then the OK button

Once I hit OK it gives me a long list of all the errors it ran into, but it doesn't stay up long enough for me to write any of it down.

Any clue what I can try to get preware working?
    Last edited by JohnAnderson127; 05/16/2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Bump!
    Have you restarted your phone? And are you using 1.0 for Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you restarted your phone? And are you using 1.0 for Preware?
    Yes, i've restarted the phone a few times and luna restarted. It says v1.0.0 (now with more cowbell) and the only thing I can goto after clicking ok is (Installed Packages 3) and it just has Application and linux Application. Under Application is says (Preware) and just takes me back to the main page and under linux application is has GNU Patch and Lsdiff but I can't do anything with them.

I tried updating feeds but got the same error message. Am completely stuck.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    It is still scanning. I have watched it off and on, it takes roughly 3.5 seconds per file to scan. That is about 1000 files per hour. Its been going 7 hours now!
    WOW, this is getting really frustrating.

I have no applications at all installed on my pre. I just tried to install the palm facebook app and got this message:

Can't Install:

This app requires 40.54M. You must delete some apps or files before you can install it. Click Help for more information.

*** is going on?