Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Yes I Have, Over 6 Times Now, I Really Need Some Help Here!!
    "Apathy Is Acquired, Not Inherited" - Dominic Eugene
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Preware is the best APP on my phone! The patches, apps, and themes totally make my Pre feel and act like a new phone The developers here rock!
    what are you kidding? Of course it's worth using! Try it, you'll see and don't b scared, these forums will help with any issues if you're patient and know how to read...
    Are there any that you recommend as must have apps from preware?
    LunaManager gives you the ability to restart luna instead of a complete reboot, saving 3 mins per reboot.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    YES
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    PreWare is why I got my Pre, its the open development community that helped shape my decision. I can't imagine my Pre without PreWare.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    it's the single most valuable thing about having a webOS phone IMHO.
    YES! It's awesome!
    hey guys im new to the WebOS era and i followed the steps on how to install WOS QI and when i get passed the part where the WebOS internal feeds for the Pixi is downloaded and ready to install, its installing and i try to check my pixi after its done, I dont see it anywhere... am i doing something wrong here ?
    Preware specificly? Or preload? Any other apps? I tht luna one a must have?
    Quote Originally Posted by outsidaz2k View Post
    hey guys im new to the WebOS era and i followed the steps on how to install WOS QI and when i get passed the part where the WebOS internal feeds for the Pixi is downloaded and ready to install, its installing and i try to check my pixi after its done, I dont see it anywhere... am i doing something wrong here ?
    Did you put your pixi in Dev mode ON first?

On your keyboard type webos20090606 and the hidden app will pop up on your screen. Poke it - turn on Dev Mode - reboot your phone - then reconnect via usb in "Just Charge" - load WebOS QI and try it again.
    Make sure you remove the device from the usb and reboot it.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Definitely worth using....Just make sure you reboot your phone regardless of what preware tells you... There seem to be some related stability issues....
    seconded!

and keep dev mode OFF. do these two things you'll have a nice stable pre.

to be honest, a lot of things from preware require a restart anyway. just make sure it's a full, not luna.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    hi!!!! I just wanna say that I'm starting to double think about opening preware because lately it became so slowww to open that makes me desperate and sometimes I even close it!! So I don't have to wait!! Especially when it's opening plm ap catalog. Is there a way or a patch that I can only see the freeware apps when I open preware ,instead of both?freeware and the ones that is paying?? Please help!!! Anyone else having this problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Did you put your pixi in Dev mode ON first?

On your keyboard type webos20090606 and the hidden app will pop up on your screen. Poke it - turn on Dev Mode - reboot your phone - then reconnect via usb in "Just Charge" - load WebOS QI and try it again.
    yes i did turn on dev mode i checked it like 5 times already lol.. my problem is when i go to install Preware.. i dont see it on my anywhere..
    Open preware, tap the top left hand corner for preferences. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see an option for free apps only.
    You might also want to this time instead of selecting preferences select manage feeds, go down to the 4th one palm app catalog and turn the feed off. Should give preware a better time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Make sure you remove the device from the usb and reboot it.
    do this after its installed to check if its there? also is it suppose to just say installing and not let me know if its done or not ?
    Quote Originally Posted by outsidaz2k View Post
    yes i did turn on dev mode i checked it like 5 times already lol.. my problem is when i go to install Preware.. i dont see it on my anywhere..
    In WebOS QI when you click on tools | Device management (give it a second to load) do you see preware as loaded on your device?
    Yes you need to take the usb out and the device will reboot, this needs to be done. But if your currently in quick install with your pre plugged in, go to tools in the wosqi window, down to device managment, when this window opens, look on the right hand side at installed applications and see if preware is in that list.