Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I recently Erased Apps and Data, which doesn't remove your patches (which is great). I still have landscape email, and a virtual keyboard, and temp & lashlight in my device menu, etc. However, when I look at my installed patches in Preware, it only lists the one I have installed since the erase & restore. How can I force it to "see" the other patches?
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I also can't see them in WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Help!
    Sometimes they show up in Applications under Device Management if you installed them from Preware rather than WebOSQI, take a look around in there.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    That's what I mean. I have only one patch listed on both Preware and under Device Management in WOSQI. I don't want to have to doctor, but I want to remove the Verizon aGPS patch in order to test its reinstallation again. I can't remove it if I can't find it. Additionally, the Preware webos patches feed doesn't recognize that I have patches installed. For example, my phone keypad buttons vibrate when I touch them, since I have installed this patch. However, when I look at this patch in the feed, it gives me the option to install (and I have the option checked to hide patches I have already installed). I'm about to try the emergency recovery method, but I wasn't looking forward to finding and reinstalling all of the patches again. I'm using the latest WOSQI and Preware 1.0, btw.
    sweet it worked. thanks creepycat!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm a relatively new Pre user and so far, apart from a few minor technical glitches here and there (it's harder for Mac users to get WebOS Quick Install running than it is for PC users) my Pre experience has been splendid and invigorating. I've also successfully added a few cool Homebrew Apps and one or two extremely useful Patches (the most recent of which is having an actual Battery percentage on the title bar).

But I've just run head on into a weird Patch Install problem. Here are the details. BTW am running OS 1.4.1 on a new Sprint Pre.

The Patch in question is CALL DURATION IN CALL LOG - but when I try to install it (via Preware) - it tells me that "this package depends on 1 other package to be installed or updated" -

When I ask for details, it tells me that PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE needs to be updated as part of the Install. So then when I click for it to go ahead and to the update as well as the install..... it HANGS.....and goes into some kind of endless install loop. It goes on...and on.....and on.....and never finishes.

The phone itself doesn't freeze BTW - so what I've done when this happens is just to quit/exit the Preware App. I've tried this several times with the same results.

What's going on here? Any ideas? All suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    So I did the latest update, and then couldn't install any patches, there was this little x beside each one and when I tried to download it kept giving me a failed download. I probably not so smartly decided I would uninstall the preware and than just reinstall it to see if that would help......Not!! Now I can't find preware on the WebOS at all, and I've tried reinstalling that as well. Can someone help me please???
    Try looking under webos internal feed(Pre) instead of (all) and look for preware I believe you will find it there, I ran into the same problem the other day. Also its all in one package now no need for anything but preware... Good Luck
    I notice the same thing with the update for Luna Manager
    the package manager service is being removed by Preware 1.0. The dependencies of other apps is being removed. Retry Luna Manager & mention the issues with the patch in a pm to the person maintaining the patch/

I would try installing with Preware if you were using WOSQI. Good luck!
    uninstall Luna Manager, Update Feeds, Reinstall Luna Manager
    it is under emulator, but when I try and download it, I get another error, ran the epr, and tried again, but am still getting the same error....any ideas
    I'm not able to find the kernel feed. I thought the package manager service was included in preware 1.x?
    EDIT: Uninstall and reinstall worked. after the 3rd time. :/ Sorry to take up space.
    Last edited by AckDaddy; 05/14/2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcgeorgia View Post
    it is under emulator
    Just stop and THINK for a second.
    Do you want Preware for the emulator?

Just go to http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware and take it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcgeorgia View Post
    it is under emulator, but when I try and download it, I get another error, ran the epr, and tried again, but am still getting the same error....any ideas
    You are right. Preware is under both WebOS Internal feed(Pre) and WebOS Internal feed(Emulator). I just downloaded it from both to WebOSQI, without any problems. It would probably help if you quoted the error indications that you are getting.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    the package manager service is being removed by Preware 1.0. The dependencies of other apps is being removed.
    Okay....I guess I don't follow. I currently have Preware 1.0 installed. BUT when I try to download a specific Patch - in my case, the one for adding a Call Log time to the Phone App - Preware tells me that I need to "UPDATE" Package Manger Service. It doesn't say anything about removing it - and it doesn't offer me any options of removing it. The only option it gives me is to 'update' Package Manager Service - and when I do, the App starts 'updating' and then goes into an endless loop and hangs and hangs and hangs....

Do I have to remove Preware and then reinstall it?

Do I just use WOSQI to remove Package Manager Service?

Help!!!!

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    You don't have to do anything with the Package Manager Service; it was removed when you installed Preware v1.0.0. Obviously there is a problem with this patch. You'll need to wait for the patch to be fixed before you can install it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    You don't have to do anything with the Package Manager Service; it was removed when you installed Preware v1.0.0. Obviously there is a problem with this patch. You'll need to wait for the patch to be fixed before you can install it.
    Thanks. I'd reached almost the same conclusion myself.

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    After Various Attempts & Reading Several Post, I Still Cant Seem To Get The New Preware Software To Work Properly To My New Pre...While Trying To Install The Preware Software via WOSQI I Received An Error Message Yet The Preware Icon Still Makes It's Way To My Launcher Page...When I Proceed To Open Preware I Get This Message "Service NOT RUNNING" !! Help Anybody!!! B/C A Pre w.o. Patches Is Like....A Pre w.o. Patches!!
    "Apathy Is Acquired, Not Inherited" - Dominic Eugene