Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    I just doctored my preplus and wnat to re-install Preware, but it is not listed in the webos internals feed all. Any suggestions? running v 3.1.2 of webos quick install
    yea i had it then i went to preware and uploaded Diffstat....that fixed themes for me....

Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    every since the up date I can't download themes anyone have this issue ?
    so yea i get the luna restarts when im running app catalog and preware at the same time...
    Try looking under webos internal feed(Pre) instead of (all) and look for preware I believe you will find it there, I ran into the same problem the other day... Good Luck
    Last edited by djgardn2; 05/11/2010 at 09:45 PM.
    thanks!--I found it. Any idea where to find the package manager service? I need that, too, right--but it is not listed in eaith erof those feeds...
    I believe its all in one package now only one thing needed, it worked for me... Should work
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    so yea i get the luna restarts when im running app catalog and preware at the same time...
    Hmmm, maybe that is what it is ... when Preware launches the app catalog to update an app from there.
    excellent help--thanks very much
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    can't install any theme or patches on Emulator, any help????
    Well seems (from my previous posts) that I get an IPKG error on anything I try to install from PreWare now. Something about "offline root mode"....

any suggestions to fix this without having to see the doctor?
    go into preware and install "diffstat" and the "gnu patch". That will work . Post back if works or not. :-)
    Thought I would give you all an update, my phone just did a Luna restart about 2 seconds ago and Preware was not involved when it happened.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    while overclocked and running a theme, i got them, since removing theme i haven't had restarts....use preware 2-3 times a day.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just did it!!!

Here is what happened. I think this is tied to Preware calling out to the App Catalog to update an app. I just started Preware and had two updates, one was an app catalog app, the other was a non-app catalog app.

I updated the non-app catalog app and then shut down Preware, let the screen time out, and hit the power button and everything worked fine, it woke back up. Kept doing this for 5 minutes and it woke up just fine everytime.

Then I went into Preware to update the app catalog app. Hit the update button in Preware, it started the app catalog, I updated the app, then closed the app catalog, then went back and closed Preware, let my screen timeout. Hit the power button to wake it back up and BAM! Luna restart.

So, here is what we need to have others test:

1. Open Preware and see that you have app catalog updates listed.
    2. Click the update button within Preware to open the app catalog.
    3. Update the app from the app catalog.
    4. Close the app catalog
    5. Close Preware
    6. Let your screen timeout
    7. Hit the power button to wake your Pre up

Does it wake up successfully??? I will be testing this everytime I have an app catalog update from within Preware.

Perhaps this is because of something else I have installed, configured, etc. and not going to be the case with everyone, but many have noted that Preware may be one of the causes of these (not the ONLY cause, but doing what I did above seems to trigger this).

Hope this helps and someone can confirm what I just defined.
    i dont have the app catalogue on in preware, i use the app catalogue to update official apps, makes preware load faster...so you could be right
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    i dont have the app catalogue on in preware, i use the app catalogue to update official apps, makes preware load faster...so you could be right
    I don't have the app catalog on either -- I just have the palm-catalog-updates feed, but not the palm-catalog.
    I will give this a try. Haven't updated PW yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

Here is what happened. I think this is tied to Preware calling out to the App Catalog to update an app. I just started Preware and had two updates, one was an app catalog app, the other was a non-app catalog app.

I updated the non-app catalog app and then shut down Preware, let the screen time out, and hit the power button and everything worked fine, it woke back up. Kept doing this for 5 minutes and it woke up just fine everytime.

Then I went into Preware to update the app catalog app. Hit the update button in Preware, it started the app catalog, I updated the app, then closed the app catalog, then went back and closed Preware, let my screen timeout. Hit the power button to wake it back up and BAM! Luna restart.

4. Close the app catalog
    5. Close Preware

Does it wake up successfully??? I will be testing this everytime I have an app catalog update from within Preware.

Perhaps this is because of something else I have installed, configured, etc. and not going to be the case with everyone, but many have noted that Preware may be one of the causes of these (not the ONLY cause, but doing what I did above seems to trigger this).

I don't have the app catalog on either -- I just have the palm-catalog-updates feed, but not the palm-catalog.
    Than its not working for me, i have not had the luna restarts since removing theme about a month ago.....
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

4. Close the app catalog
    5. Close Preware

I just had the same result when updating a catalog app from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    I just had the same result when updating a catalog app from Preware.
    an official app with blue background or "not reviewed" with brown background?