1.    #1  
    Hi there WebOS internals folks...

I've been hoping for a while that there would be an analogue to the lovely program KeyCaps which used to be on PalmOS.

(you know, this one: http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps650.php)

Now that there is a lot of kernel development going on, I'm wondering - could this functionality be added via a modification to the keyboard driver in the kernel? (I'm assuming that the keyboard driver is available in a fashion that would allow modification...)

I would happily pay $10 for something like this...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Hi there WebOS internals folks...

I've been hoping for a while that there would be an analogue to the lovely program KeyCaps which used to be on PalmOS.

(you know, this one: http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps650.php)

Now that there is a lot of kernel development going on, I'm wondering - could this functionality be added via a modification to the keyboard driver in the kernel? (I'm assuming that the keyboard driver is available in a fashion that would allow modification...)

I would happily pay $10 for something like this...

Thanks!
    Instead of sending the $!0 to me, please donate it to the WebOSinternals Telethon that is going on now...

Just tap the Cap key twice, and you will be typing in all caps. Is that what you are looking for?
  3.    #3  
    Hey there,

KeyCaps allowed the following things:

- if you held down a key, you got either (selectable) the alt key or a capital
    - if you pressed a key twice (quickly) you got either (selectable) the alt key or a capital

(held v. pressed were mutually exclusive)

you could also select the duration how "fast" that 2nd press had to be, as well as how "long" you had to hold.

It was useful because you could get everything on the keyboard without needing the shift or symbol keys.

If you look around the forum you'll see that there are a bunch of former Treo owners who all would really like to have it. It is one of the good things on Treo that hasn't made it over to the new stuff yet.
    I miss keycaps too!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Me too!
    Palm Pilot III > V > Vx > m505 > Kyocera 6035 > Samsung i300 > i330 > i500 > Palm Treo 700P > 755P > Centro > and now (2) first day available Palm Pre's (Sprint)
    Me three!