Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a new pre and when i went into webos quick install to download preware onto my phone it's not ven there. I click on the blue arrow, then pick "webos internals feed (all)", preware is not even an option to download? Any ideas why or another way to get preware onto my phone? It worked when i put it on my old pre when i did it this way.
    This should get you started, just launcher preware and update it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3.    #3  
    i just get some error when i click on that?
    The correct feed is: "webos internals feed (Pre)"
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Newb here too. My problem seems more basic.

1. Phone is in developer mode.
    2. WebOS Quick Install 3.12 is running on my computer.
    3. USB cable connected in Just Charge mode.
    4. Pressing the Blue Arrow does nothing.
    5. I don't think Novacom was installed but none of the different directions I have to install it are working. Where does Novacom come from in the first place and where should it be?

Thanks in advance.

BT
    i believe package manager service is not used on the new preware so its in a new feed "webos internals feed (Pre)" just install preware 1.0
    Thank you. I don't mean to be obtuse, but I am (trying to) follow the instructions on the Preware wiki page and there is nothing about just installing Preware 1.0. In fact, I can't even find it. I thought I had to install it via webOS Quick Install.

So if there is a simple Preware download please link me because I can't find it. (Fwiw, the computer is Windows XP.)

edit: I mean preware1.0
    According to post in http://forums.precentral.net/2463210-post224.html, use Application:Preware - WebOS Internals for preware installation instructions

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All blogs and forum posts related to Preware installation are obsolete.

Always use Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Last edited by blessedkdg; 05/22/2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    Newb here too. My problem seems more basic.

1. Phone is in developer mode.
    2. WebOS Quick Install 3.12 is running on my computer.
    3. USB cable connected in Just Charge mode.
    4. Pressing the Blue Arrow does nothing.
    5. I don't think Novacom was installed but none of the different directions I have to install it are working. Where does Novacom come from in the first place and where should it be?

Thanks in advance.

BT
    Make sure you have webOS Doctor downloaded also, put it in the same folder with WOSQI.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhakta View Post
    i dont have package manager services anywhere in quick install
    Try the instructions here
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/28/2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Most of us can see why unix went psycho...

At least he is utilizing the search.
    I know that you don't want to be annoying with ur questions and I believe that every one should have a little patience come on all of us were there @ some point but I also agree that if you are researching on how to do something you MUST read as much as you can about it and most important pay attention @ what you are reading if you did not understand read again because not always you can take the easy rd and come to a forum and expect that someome is gonna break it down in little peaces for you and take you trough every step of the way, that being said I am gonna break it for you.

First of all forget about the wiki in webosinternals like somebody told you before is obsolete, is a no go, does not work anymore, ok? 2) wosqui (webos quik installer) and the download of webos dr MUST be in the same folder in ur hard drive no matter what folder but together and also very important make sure that webos dr version match the webos version for ur phone and carrier, every single version that exist is on webosinternals main page for you to download 3) Make sure ur computer is running the last version of java that there is, go to java.com READ and somewhere in that web site there is a way for them to survey what you are running and if you need an update. 4) novacom must have it, research on how to get it and how to install it on win xp. 5) when you are 100 " sure yhat you have met all these, plug ur phone, launch WOSQUI and click the arrow it will show a drop down menu (those are the feeds) if you don't have the feed that others named on past posts well you neded to have it so RESEARCH on how to add a feed to WOSQUI when you have it PREWARE download will show up. 6) No need for package manager anymore, forget it.
    7) Dowload and install PREWARE, don't worry about what version of preware you are getting whatever you found just download and install 8)Reboot ur phone, run preware and on "what you need to update" section preware will list it self update, reboot for the sake of it.
    9) you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    First of all forget about the wiki in webosinternals like somebody told you before is obsolete, is a no go, does not work anymore, ok?
    You might want to retract this. It is the wishes if the Preware developers, rwhitby in particular, that all questions about Preware installation be directed to the wiki. He expressed that those are the only instructions that will always be up to date on installing Preware.

I therefore recommend ignoring the above post and visiting the wiki for correct install instructions - http://install.preware.org

Pip
    If i'm not wrong Mr. Whitby himself said that the Wiki was obsolete but because I'm not a 100% sure couse I did not read it myself I'm not going to say otherwise I got that from this thread itself also think that Mr. Whitby would not mind a hand with this kind of basic explanations or you got to be blind to not see what happened with the F105 thread, it is how is done and I don't tink Mr. Whitby can add much more to it besides off course of the tech stuff which I believe the op is not really interested on till he gets the hang of the basic part.

In any case I was just trying to help somebody and believe that ur post is extremely RUDE not to mention <deleted my mod> when you or nobody else took the time to give an explanation step by step to this person that seems very lost and not really reading what is going on, for you to come and disregard my post that way so I think the post that should be ignored is yours because I don't see anything wrong with mine.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/28/2010 at 10:36 AM.
    If i'm not wrong Mr. Whitby himself said that the Wiki was obsolete but because I'm not a 100% sure couse I did not read it myself I'm not going to say otherwise I got that from this thread itself also think that Mr. Whitby would not mind a hand with this kind of basic explanations or you got to be blind to not see what happened with the F105 thread, it is how is done and I don't tink Mr. Whitby can add much more to it besides off course of the tech stuff which I believe the op is not really interested on till he gets the hang of the basic part.

In any case I was just trying to help somebody and believe that ur post is extremely RUDE not to mention **$#*% BU:" SH*% when you or nobody else took the time to give an explanation step by step to this person that seems very lost and not really reading what is going on, for you to come and disregard my post that way so I think the post that should be ignored is yours because I don't see anything wrong with mine.
    Pip gave the guy exactly what he needed a link to the wiki that gives the poster 3 different methods for installing preware... and I am looking at the wiki right now, I see nothing that is outdated or obsolete.

The reason why these wikis exist is so that we dont have to give out the same step by step instructions and hold everyones hands 50 times a day answering the same question... sometimes asked back to back with the answer in the middle... if you are going to home brew, it is expected that you have the gumption to try to educate yourself. Otherwise... you wont be able to help yourself recover when your phone screws up and youll be back once again asking the same questions everyone who doesnt read asks about how to get their phone working again.

The link given is up to date, concise, very informative, and practically childproof. If people cant use that wiki to install preware, they should probably be using a Jitterbug, the Pre is way beyond them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    Pip gave the guy exactly what he needed a link to the wiki that gives the poster 3 different methods for installing preware... and I am looking at the wiki right now, I see nothing that is outdated or obsolete.

The reason why these wikis exist is so that we dont have to give out the same step by step instructions and hold everyones hands 50 times a day answering the same question... sometimes asked back to back with the answer in the middle... if you are going to home brew, it is expected that you have the gumption to try to educate yourself. Otherwise... you wont be able to help yourself recover when your phone screws up and youll be back once again asking the same questions everyone who doesnt read asks about how to get their phone working again.

The link given is up to date, concise, very informative, and practically childproof. If people cant use that wiki to install preware, they should probably be using a Jitterbug, the Pre is way beyond them.
    Your mistake here is that u are lecturing the wrong person, i know exactly what i'm doing and the risks that i'm taking moding my phone, if u go back on any thread and topic including overclocking wich is the most extreme and dangerous to do, you won't find a single post with my name on it asking how to do this? or how to do that? i have internet, google and search options to not come here and see how a big percentage of users get annoyed at questions and think that if u don't get it in a split second u are just not worth of webos but because there is another kind of people that seem not being that techi orientatied and my believes are different meaning that anybody can do it with a little help i just give them a hand when i'm sure of what i'm talking about so i gonna stick with my position and say that there is nothing wrong with my post
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds

In any case I was just trying to help somebody and believe that ur post is extremely RUDE not to mention **$#*% BU:" SH*% when you or nobody else took the time to give an explanation step by step to this person that seems very lost and not really reading what is going on, for you to come and disregard my post that way so I think the post that should be ignored is yours because I don't see anything wrong with mine.
    pip smith did provide the proper information to the simple question that was asked as well as the proper link to the wiki page that Rod Whitby requested us to use without exception when referring anyone to Preware. Also you may not have noticed but the OP to which you refer is over two months old.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You might want to retract this. It is the wishes if the Preware developers, rwhitby in particular, that all questions about Preware installation be directed to the wiki. He expressed that those are the only instructions that will always be up to date on installing Preware.

I therefore recommend ignoring the above post and visiting the wiki for correct install instructions - Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Pip
    And before u come here and post against anything i would advise to go and read post #8 on this very SAME THREAD look who sign the post then u can come here and do NO SENSE ATTACKS!
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    UPSSS!!!!! no coments? that's right now everybody is silent, why that would be?
    This happened to me the first time I tried installing, I just went to all feeds instead of pre specifically and it was there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast