Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    UPSSS!!!!! no coments? that's right now everybody is silent, why that would be?

Did you read post 8? At all? And if you did read it... did you comprehend it? At all?

Rod clearly states that all forum and blog posts are obsolete and provides that SAME link for people to refer to... you are literally providing evidence against yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    UPSSS!!!!! no coments? that's right now everybody is silent, why that would be?
    There were a few forum posts and blogs that gave links for Preware that were opsolete. That's what Rod was referring to. If you click the link provided in his quote it will take you to the proper wiki page, which is the one pip smith provided. Notice the words (use only) as a preference to the link.

P.S. It would be nice if you extended these guys a proper apology.
    Last edited by vza33; 07/27/2010 at 09:33 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Ok, like i said before i was not a 100% sure about Mr. Whitby's comments and went by without reading well, all i was doing was helping a guy that seemed in need of a hand, don't even know why i'm in the middle of this discussion when all i did was expending MY TIME given some detailed instructions that by the way are absolutely correct and can be used as much or in conjunction with the wiki, i don't need nobody to do what i want to do to my phone besides my eyes to read but any how i gonna extend an apology to all of you for helping this guy.

Case closed!
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    http://install.preware.org/ is the one and only set of Preware installation instructions that is guaranteed to always be correct. This is a redirect to the Application:Preware wiki page on the webos-internals.org site.

All other pages are likely to be obsolete.

*NEVER* copy installation instructions from that page to somewhere else. You will just make the problem worse.

*NEVER* give instructions other than just pointing to that page. If the page is not clear, then add additional text to the page until it is clear (it is a wiki page, and it is intended that the community flesh it out as needed).

*NEVER* point anyone to anywhere other than the string "http://install.preware.org/". Don't even point them to the wiki page that that URL currently redirects to - it may change in the future. The string "http://install.preware.org/" will never change - it will always point to the right place.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/28/2010 at 03:04 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I think everyone involved here has the same good intentions to help others.

It sounds like there was a misunderstanding with no malice intended from any side.

Shall we move on?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12