Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Another thought about the connection issue...

One other approach (perhaps appropriate for some not all) is to que up the messages, and submit a ping, a message, and a ping, and when both pings arrive, post the message as sent, then start on the next que'd message. (Probably a feature that some might want to turn off.) In this scenario, probably turn off all other pinging completely and just test the connection for each message?

As far as connections go, I'm not so interested in being connected constantly and not possibly missing anything as much as I am interested in just knowing, when I need to, am I connected or not.
    It's a bit of an oddity and probably not a common use case, but when on IRC we talk a lot. wIRC seems to have issue with longer messages, because it truncates messages that should be fine. I've tested it already with a desktop client and wIRC, and constantly, wIRC will cut off about the last half of a buffer's length message. Makes it a little hard to follow longer, involved conversations.

I'll post some screenshots later.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by SineOt View Post
    It's a bit of an oddity and probably not a common use case, but when on IRC we talk a lot. wIRC seems to have issue with longer messages, because it truncates messages that should be fine. I've tested it already with a desktop client and wIRC, and constantly, wIRC will cut off about the last half of a buffer's length message. Makes it a little hard to follow longer, involved conversations.

I'll post some screenshots later.
    Yeah that is because irc messages can only be 512 char long and I am not checking for that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    Yeah that is because irc messages can only be 512 char long and I am not checking for that yet.
    Updating with what I found and passed on in IRC.

The bug exists only with messages that are using /me actions
    Messages passed as "PRIVMSG #TestZone <Content goes here>" will show the full message, about 343 characters with what I was testing with.
    Messages passed as "PRIVMSG #TestZone ACTION <Content goes here>" trims it to about half the message, in this case 144 characters.
    Odd bug, took me a while to track down what was causing only some messages to trim, but there you go.
    Sending them out from wIRC is fine. It's just the incoming messages that run into problems.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123