Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    First off I love my Pre and have owned it since August but just now have read up and installed WebOSInstaller and also Preware, but am having some issues. I have done some research on here and generally things are going well, but Im looking for some advice.

First off, when I open up Preware I do not have a listing for "available applications" like I think I should. Its on a screen shot Ive seen. I have updated to the newest version and I hope I followed the steps correctly. If I go to available package I can search there though.

I am also having difficulty installing/uninstalling any theme with Preware. I DLed the iPhone iCons theme, which is neat, but I wanted to revert back to normal. First off it took forever to DL the theme via Preware (I let it sit for well over an hour and I was using WiFi), then I just got out of it, restarted, and it appears that it actually installed. I cannot however uninstall it, it just sits, and has for more than an hour. I tried to DL it last night with hooking the Pre up to my computer and using the WebOSInstaller, and it says that it removed it, but its still there.

Whats my best option here? Im thinking start over from a clean slate because I probably screwed something up along the installation process.

Another odd thing is that in the preferences field of Preware neither of the themes I downloaded are there.

Any assistance here would be fantastic!

Thanks
    im having same problem. I cant remove theme from preware. It just stays stuck in removing screen. Im assuming this has something to do with preware update.. All I have is the Launcher black theme. So that shouldnt even take long to remove. need help please
    Quote Originally Posted by AS4k View Post
    First off I love my Pre and have owned it since August but just now have read up and installed WebOSInstaller and also Preware, but am having some issues. I have done some research on here and generally things are going well, but Im looking for some advice.

First off, when I open up Preware I do not have a listing for "available applications" like I think I should. Its on a screen shot Ive seen. I have updated to the newest version and I hope I followed the steps correctly. If I go to available package I can search there though.

I am also having difficulty installing/uninstalling any theme with Preware. I DLed the iPhone iCons theme, which is neat, but I wanted to revert back to normal. First off it took forever to DL the theme via Preware (I let it sit for well over an hour and I was using WiFi), then I just got out of it, restarted, and it appears that it actually installed. I cannot however uninstall it, it just sits, and has for more than an hour. I tried to DL it last night with hooking the Pre up to my computer and using the WebOSInstaller, and it says that it removed it, but its still there.

Whats my best option here? Im thinking start over from a clean slate because I probably screwed something up along the installation process.

Another odd thing is that in the preferences field of Preware neither of the themes I downloaded are there.

Any assistance here would be fantastic!

Thanks
    I also tried webos quick install method and it says cannot connect to package feed. So i guess thats why install/remove is not working correctly. Its not connecting to prethemer feed.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I get the same message. At this point I just want to remove the theme. I suppose I'll go research more at the thread where this theme exists. Glad somebody else is having issues though
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Fixed it. Used the WebOS Repair Utility. Back in business better than I was before! God I love this device