Page 9 of 86 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I wasn't able to repeat this problem, was there anything else open in card view or anything loading when this happens? Any particular time it does this (after an install, after a luna restart, ect....)? What version of Preware, webOS, Pre are you using?
    I have nothing open when I do this, I just tried it again after a fresh luna restart and it continues.

Webos is 1.4.1.1
    Preware is 1.0.0
    Sprint Palm Pre

Just to reiterate, the issue is only occurring when I attempt to relaunch an already open preware...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Just to reiterate, the issue is only occurring when I attempt to relaunch an already open preware...
    At what point are you attempting to open it after the initial opening? I waited until preware completed updating and loading the feeds to tap the icon while it was open which just brought preware into focus as if I tapped on the card in card view to bring it to focus?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I have nothing open when I do this, I just tried it again after a fresh luna restart and it continues.

Webos is 1.4.1.1
    Preware is 1.0.0
    Sprint Palm Pre

this doesnt happen to me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The problem is when preware is relaunched, and it sees that it is already running, it attempts to pop scenes back to the main scene. But if you relaunch before the main scene has been swapped in, it will pop back to nothing.

Workaround: Don't relaunch preware before the main scene has been pushed. (AKA, don't relaunch until its done loading feeds.)

I'll get a permanent fix for this in the next release.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I hadn't been able to list new apps for several days. Deleting luna didn't help. Reinstalled preware and everything came up fine.

And it is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster.

Thank you!
    Last edited by nxd10; 05/17/2010 at 04:16 PM.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, I think I've now got a repeatable test case for one of the problems that has been hounding Preware users.

This post is specifically related to the problem where after you have installed or remove a homebrew application using Preware, then your open email or phone windows are closed, and if you open the dialpad it hangs until you close and reopen it, and if you open your email it is back on the accounts screen.

When replying to this post, please focus on that problem and that problem alone. I know people are experiencing other problems, but I cannot reliably reproduce those other problems. I can only reliably reproduce this one. That doesn't mean I know how to fix it yet (or even whether the problem is in Preware or webOS), but it does mean that I can at least start the diagnosis.

What I need is for others to either confirm or deny this repeatable test case. Please follow closely if you want to be involved.

To repeat this problem, you need to:

1) Restart Luna
    2) Open the phone dialpad
    3) Open your email window
    4) Open Preware
    5) Install or remove a homebrew package, but do not restart luna
    6) See whether the phone and email windows disappear when the rescan operation happens after the package is installed or removed
    7) Confirm that opening the phone dialpad hangs
    8) Confirm that opening email goes to the accounts page

If you are able to get this far, please continue.

9) Swipe closed the phone dialpad
    10) Go into your inbox in email, and the swipe closed the email window
    11) Open the dialpad. this time it will not hang
    12) Open your email. this time it will go to the inbox
    13) Open Preware
    14) Install or remove a homebrew application, but do not restart luna
    15) Note that the phone and email are not affected this time
    16) Close and reopen the phone. It will work fine.
    17) Close and reopen your email. It will work fine.

If you are able to get this far, please continue

18) Repeat steps 13 to 17 again. All will work fine.
    19) Restart Luna
    20) Repeat steps 2 to 8 again. The problem occurs.

Note that it is the same Preware in both cases, which to me indicates that the problem is in webOS, not in Preware. However, now that we have a repeatable test case we might be able to work-around it in Preware.

Please report if you are able to follow steps 1 to 20 exactly and reproduce the problem in both the positive and the negative forms.

If you can't follow instructions precisely, please don't try. We will have enough other people who can to confirm or deny the procedure.

Thanks,

-- Rod
    I'd now like some people to test Preware 1.0.2 from the testing feed, make sure the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference is set to "Yes" and then see if they can still reproduce the bugs using the procedure above.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/18/2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: We've now rebuilt all the feeds.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    updating my preware now, then I'll see what happens.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I installed 1.0.2 and followed all the instructions above and everything worked fine.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    No hangs, everything appears to be working, I used wIRC...
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Same. Everything appears to be fine.
    LongLivePalm
    I'm having an issue with a theme icon. Can anyone tell me what the Preware app ID is?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoove09 View Post
    I'm having an issue with a theme icon. Can anyone tell me what the Preware app ID is?
    org.webosinternals.preware

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    shocked people don't follow the rules.... but...my sprint pre does not have this problem...thought it would. Now my immoral chat...in the morning...my phone will work after recharge...then reboots on second or third use...then no other time during the day. ***? I personally think it is goonies!

Love you guys for all your work. post your or Tweet your donation link again...I need to throw in some sheckles again!
  14.    #174  
    I'd now like some people to test Preware 1.0.2 from the testing feed, make sure the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference is set to "Yes" and then see if they can still reproduce the bugs using the procedure above.

Note that it may fail to install some packages, since we also need to rebuild all the packages on ipkg.preware.org for this fix to work. We will do that once a couple of people have verified that it fixes the problem for them. You can test it out on any of the packages in the testing feed (e.g. wIRC 0.2.4 or XTerm 0.0.5).
    All the feeds are now rebuilt - please try out Preware 1.0.2 from the testing feed on a wide range of packages and let us know if any install with the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference set to "No" but fail to install with the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference set to "Yes" - please check both settings before reporting, we're not interested right now in patches or themes that simply fail to install no matter which setting is chosen.

-- Rod
  15.    #175  
    If you're alpha testing Preware 1.0.2, you will need to set the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference to "No" to be able to install kernels. We're working on a fix, but haven't yet decided whether Preware or the kernel packaging needs fixing ...

-- Rod
    Have not been able to reproduce the problem. Installing and uninstalling a homebrew does not cause any issues.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    All the feeds are now rebuilt - please try out Preware 1.0.2 from the testing feed on a wide range of packages and let us know if any install with the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference set to "No" but fail to install with the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference set to "Yes" - please check both settings before reporting, we're not interested right now in patches or themes that simply fail to install no matter which setting is chosen.

-- Rod
    FYI, Sprint Pre running UK and Govnah.
    No issues installing or uninstalling packages in either case. Tried with 5 homebrew apps and 5 patches.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Ok with 2 never installed before patches (and I decided I like the patches so I will keep them on for awhile-4x4icons and new card in browser)
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Tested:

Installing and removing apps with Preware. Got a few Luna restart on resume.
    Set the Avoid Bugs to 'Yes' - didn't receive problems while installing and removing.
    Luna Restart.

Set the Avoid Bugs to 'No',
    Luna Restart.
    Then recreated the problems - dialpad and email autocloses, dialpad hangs, email app goes to accounts page.
    Continued 1-20 then 2-8 after Luna Restart.

Set Avoid Bugs to 'Yes'. Luna Restart.
    Continued test 1-20 then 2-8 - no problems.

Luna Restart again.
    Tested 1-20 and 2-8 - no problems again.

Thanks!
  20.    #180  
    If you're alpha testing Preware 1.0.2, you will need to set the "Avoid webOS Bugs" preference to "No" to be able to install kernels. We're working on a fix, but haven't yet decided whether Preware or the kernel packaging needs fixing ...
    We did the fix in Preware 1.0.3, which is in the testing feed now. Please set the "Avoid webOS Bugs" setting back to "Yes".

-- Rod