Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357580818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Rod interestingly, my alpha and beta threads all carried over to .net correctly
  2.    #1682  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Rod interestingly, my alpha and beta threads all carried over to .net correctly
    Yes, if you have the enable-alpha-feeds or enable-beta-feeds flag files in place, then they will be updated. If you just have the alpha-*.conf or beta-*.conf files in place, but not the enable-* flag files, then the *.conf files will not be updated.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Ah that makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    I've never had to restart (device or luna) after installing preware, this time was no exception
    Thanks for that clarification. As I think back on it, I must have been quickly (mis)reading Preware's standard package installer note that warns '_If_ this package needs a luna restart or device restart...' My apologies for spreading incorrect info. I'm glad to know that no restart is required at all for this update since I will be applying it to 3 more Pre2s, 4 Touchpads and at least 1 Pre3 in the next day or two.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Thanks for that clarification. As I think back on it, I must have been quickly (mis)reading Preware's standard package installer note that warns '_If_ this package needs a luna restart or device restart...' My apologies for spreading incorrect info. I'm glad to know that no restart is required at all for this update since I will be applying it to 3 more Pre2s, 4 Touchpads and at least 1 Pre3 in the next day or two.
    Have the same thing. Nothing seems to work.
    Have downloaded package from the links, vopied and paste using TP into Preware, still get same message even after rebooring, restarting etc.
    Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM281 View Post
    Have the same thing. Nothing seems to work.
    Have downloaded package from the links, vopied and paste using TP into Preware, still get same message even after rebooring, restarting etc.
    Please help.
    What are you copying and pasting? If you have downloaded the package, you should install it.
    Exactly what message are you getting? The Luna restart message you quote or an error when feeds are refreshed on starting Preware? When you select the manage feeds option from the menu, are the feeds configured to preware.net or still preware.org?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/06/2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Just discovered this issue, installed via Web quick install and not problem.

Aside one: WebOS quick install doesn't have the catalog (4.5).. any news on a newer version with this patch so that one can use quick install with access to the catalog?

EDIT: I did figure things out, and again... thanks to Jason!

Problem with WebOS Profile and paid apps
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 09/10/2014 at 10:19 AM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Well, Im trying to get preware on my 3.0.5 Touchpad, and all I come across for the standalone installer are dead links everywhere. I would use Quick install, but I have the "No Packages Found" issue on all tabs except themes. Unfortunately, not a single piece of helpful info can be found for correcting this issue with quick install. I have all but given up on preware.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1699 View Post
    Well, Im trying to get preware on my 3.0.5 Touchpad, and all I come across for the standalone installer are dead links everywhere. I would use Quick install, but I have the "No Packages Found" issue on all tabs except themes. Unfortunately, not a single piece of helpful info can be found for correcting this issue with quick install. I have all but given up on preware.
    All you needed was to follow the link I had just posted right above your post.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Possible issue with preware 1.9.13

2 or 3 days ago I've installed "solitaire" , and now I keep getting "there's a package update for it".
    If I update, I keep getting that there's still an update available, and so on
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Possible issue with preware 1.9.13

2 or 3 days ago I've installed "solitaire" , and now I keep getting "there's a package update for it".
    If I update, I keep getting that there's still an update available, and so on
    I noticed the same behaviour - i update and the version stays the same so I get a new update. I alerted the owner of solitare, but maybe its a Preware issue ...

//Dennis
    ah, didn't think about this. yes, could be that he forgot to update the version number...
    If the version numbers are the same, it won't show as an update.. You can always uninstall and re-install from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    ah, didn't think about this. yes, could be that he forgot to update the version number...
    Yes, the author had forgot to update the version - will be fixed tonight hopefully.

//Dennis
    The pivotCe article indicates one option to update to v 1.9.13 is to copy the address of the ipk into existing Preware and install. It cites the armv7 folder in the directory.

Can someone who is certain please confirm that for Veer and pixi we are selecting the armv6 folder, with everything else the same? I just did this and installed successfully because I'm 99% sure, but would like someone else to contribute that last 1%, as well as just making public mention of it for others.

It seems to be working but feed updates are slow and there's an error referring to apptuckerbox. Wondering if there's a feed I should deselect.

TIA!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    It seems to be working but feed updates are slow and there's an error referring to apptuckerbox. Wondering if there's a feed I should deselect.

TIA!
    Choosing the right folder, is more important for Apps that are running natively. For patches as well, but then even more the version 2.2.1 Or 2.2.4 might make a difference there.

Indeed since AppTuckerBox is no longer supported, you need to disable the three feeds referring those: palm web, palm catalogg, palm beta

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm just bumping to highlight the recent issue: Recent App gallery updates are not appearing in Preware. It seems likely that this is an issue with the App Gallery itself. If anyone has any insight, we can work out the direction in which to escalate this.
  19.    #1699  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm just bumping to highlight the recent issue: Recent App gallery updates are not appearing in Preware. It seems likely that this is an issue with the App Gallery itself. If anyone has any insight, we can work out the direction in which to escalate this.
    There's a problem with the autobuilder. The WebOS Internals sysadmin team has been alerted.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Preemptive and barryb20 like this.
    I got two updates today - including Google Maps, so thanks for the fix!
    bbito likes this.