Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34747980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Pardon me, but is there any problem with the feed websites? I'm not able to update feed since last week :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi
    I am trying to enable the Alpha Feeds in Preware to test out Navit with external BT GPS.
    The instructions said to remove preware, do stuff, and add it later.
    When I try to add, I can't!

It does not show up in WebOSQuickinstall 4.4.0
    I went to Index of / and tried to install either org.webosinternals.preware.ipk or org.webosinternals.preware_1.9.10_arm.ipk though webosquickinstall and again, no result.

What am I doing wrong?
    I had the same problem (actually, it's the post right above yours...)

What worked for me, was to have WOSQI show me all of my installed apps, and oddly, Preware was listed.
    I removed it.

Everything then worked as normal.

webOS Developer
    pepebuho likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Pardon me, but is there any problem with the feed websites? I'm not able to update feed since last week :-(
    Solved by uninstalled-reinstalled the Preware
    Last edited by TUFF Stough; 10/07/2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    I had the same problem (actually, it's the post right above yours...)

What worked for me, was to have WOSQI show me all of my installed apps, and oddly, Preware was listed.
    I removed it.

Everything then worked as normal.
    @roneyii Guess what, it works! Your fix was totally right. Thanks!
    wow thanks !!!! like a whole new phone my pre2 is smoother, faster, and exactly what i wanted. now the fun begins, thanks to all developers and long live web OS
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I thought I'd be clever and change the Preware 'icon.png' file on my Pre3 to a hi-res one. Unfortunately the same icon is used in the main app screen and this now doesn't display correctly.

Any chance we'll ever see a little update for this...? I know its hardly a priority having Pre3 optimised icons, but it would make me happy :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Well whaddya know - I solved it myself! Here's my solution:
    • Make sure youstill have the old low-res icon stored in the same preware root directory as the new hi-res one (which should now be called icon.png)
    • Name it something like icon_old.png
    • Open the file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/stylesheets/preware.css in internalz.
    • Find the style called .main .palm-page-header-wrapper .icon
    • Change the fourth class in the list from background: url(../icon.png) to background: url(../icon_old.png) (or whatever you named the old icon)
    • perform a luna restart.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  8.    #1668  
    Preware 1.9.13 released, with feeds moved from ipkg.preware.org to ipkg.preware.net

Our preware.org domain expired (our registrar's supposed expiry reminders didn't reach our admin team), and someone unrelated to webOS had it on back-order and intend to use it for a completely different purpose.

So we have moved from preware.org to preware.net

Please install the new version manually from:

http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-...1.9.13_arm.ipk

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #1669  
    Preware 1.9.13 released, with feeds moved from ipkg.preware.org to ipkg.preware.net

Our preware.org domain expired (our registrar's supposed expiry reminders didn't reach our admin team), and someone unrelated to webOS had it on back-order and intend to use it for a completely different purpose.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Works great thanks, downloaded and install via preware 1.9.12
    Everything running fine
    Confirming on-device install success on Tp 3.05 and pre2 2.2.4:

From browser, copy url in Rod's link. (If it opens the text web page, just copy from address bar instead)
    Open existing Preware app. Deny update feeds or ignore error after auto update attempt
    Open drop-down menu, select "install package"
    Paste url then select "install". Wait for launch, acknowledge change log.
    Update feeds

Back in action.

THANKS AGAIN ROD AND INTERNALS CREW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE STILL!!!!!
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Tried the update via preware 1.9.12 on my PRE3 but it seems to fail ...
    * It runs the install OK it seems but at the end preware shuts down (i.e. doesn't restart)
    * When opening the preware again I get :Unable to run command: (/usr/bin/curl--user-agent Preware --create-dirs -- location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-beta/Packages.gz | /bin/gunzip > /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache/palm-beta ) 2>&1

* Preware shows version 1.9.13

//Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    * It runs the install OK it seems but at the end preware shuts down (i.e. doesn't restart)...

//Dennis
    In my experience Preware does not re-open after updating itself, so I think your update succeeded, but you need to perform a Luna restart or reboot the whole OS before running Preware again.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    In my experience Preware does not re-open after updating itself, so I think your update succeeded, but you need to perform a Luna restart or reboot the whole OS before running Preware again.
    I've never had to restart (device or luna) after installing preware, this time was no exception
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Well, I did a Luna restart and then the device did a reboot of its own so I guess the restart/reboot is covered .
    But looking through "Manage feeds" I see that there is a number of feeds the still points to .org so I guess the fix didn't take care of all?

//Dennis
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    That's odd all my feeds pointed correctly immediately, I checked
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    That's odd all my feeds pointed correctly immediately, I checked
    Screencaptures ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Do you have internalz installed? Can you try to install it from there (I think you'll have to download the file first though)
    I only did it on my touchpad. I'm booting up a pre+ to try it now.

Edit1: feeds changed on Pre+. No restart of luna/device needed.
    EDIT2: Pre. Emailed self ipk, ran installer in internalz as a local file. Feeds all correctly .net.
    I'm out of devices and could not recreate your bug
    Last edited by MiDoJo; 08/31/2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Do you have internalz installed? Can you try to install it from there (I think you'll have to download the file first though)
    I only did it on my touchpad. I'm booting up a pre+ to try it now.

Edit1: feeds changed on Pre+. No restart of luna/device needed.
    EDIT2: Pre. Emailed self ipk, ran installer in internalz as a local file. Feeds all correctly .net.
    I'm out of devices and could not recreate your bug
    Well, installed from Internalz - same result.

//Dennis
  20.    #1680  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Tried the update via preware 1.9.12 on my PRE3 but it seems to fail ...
    * It runs the install OK it seems but at the end preware shuts down (i.e. doesn't restart)
    * When opening the preware again I get :Unable to run command: (/usr/bin/curl--user-agent Preware --create-dirs -- location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-beta/Packages.gz | /bin/gunzip > /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/cache/palm-beta ) 2>&1

//Dennis
    palm-* feeds haven't worked for over 2 years. You should remove those feeds.

The Preware update only changes the default feeds that are installed with a new Preware install. Any feeds you have installed manually need to be updated manually. Any alpha or beta feeds may need to be reinstalled (since you're an alpha or beta tester, you will know how to do that - if you don't, then you should also remove those feeds).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/31/2014 at 05:20 PM.