Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1706
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    mre preware is apparently trying to get them out of this feed. if you look at the ss and log.

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/2.2.4/
    Preware service down ?
    Hopefully this is going to be seen, but since installing App Tuckerbox and enabling all the Palm feeds, naturally there are much more items in Preware to look at. One thing I've noticed is that now all my App Catalog apps are now included in the package updates screen. From here, I can individually go into each item and update, or click 'Update All'. I'm hesitant to click Update All though cause I'm not sure how updating App Catalog apps from Preware would work? Is there a way to include checkboxes in the Package Updates screen so we can tick off the ones we wish to be updated, and then add a button for 'Update Selected' next to Update All? With a lot of apps/patches this can get a little time consuming .
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Hopefully this is going to be seen, but since installing App Tuckerbox and enabling all the Palm feeds, naturally there are much more items in Preware to look at. One thing I've noticed is that now all my App Catalog apps are now included in the package updates screen. From here, I can individually go into each item and update, or click 'Update All'. I'm hesitant to click Update All though cause I'm not sure how updating App Catalog apps from Preware would work? Is there a way to include checkboxes in the Package Updates screen so we can tick off the ones we wish to be updated, and then add a button for 'Update Selected' next to Update All? With a lot of apps/patches this can get a little time consuming .
    No checkbox select that i'm aware of.
    I would just turn off the app catalog feed when you don't want those as an option to update.
    Preware no longer reading most apps and all patches on one of my pads even though installed (likewise for WOSQI). Ran EPR and re-installed patches and now Preware reads the patches. But it is still not picking up most apps although it has one or two 3rd party apps in its list that it reads fine. I bought a new app from the catalog and Preware added it to the list fine. I uninstalled Preware and re-installed and it did not help.

The other pad on the same account is fine.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Preware no longer reading most apps and all patches on one of my pads even though installed (likewise for WOSQI). Ran EPR and re-installed patches and now Preware reads the patches. But it is still not picking up most apps although it has one or two 3rd party apps in its list that it reads fine. I bought a new app from the catalog and Preware added it to the list fine. I uninstalled Preware and re-installed and it did not help.

Any suggestions?
    question: if I ran save/restore on the other pad to save the preware package list and then I copied that backup to this corrupted preware list on this touchpad, would it work? Both pads are on the same account.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I may have completely missed the boat, would not be the first time, but I thought App Tuckerbox, if properly integrated with Preware, allowed app catalog apps to be viewed in Preware, like the "old" days, with one end goal to be to let you install apps to the Touchpad (maybe other devices also) that were designed for other devices? And to just be able to see them in Preware.

When I load Preware, it downloads palm-catalog feed information, then loads the same, pausing at each enough time that is appears to be pulling the information into Preware.

But in the end, I don't see them in Preware.

If I have in fact missed the boat and don't have any idea what I am talking about, please let me down easily, .

If there seems to be something amiss, please continue reading my details, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have Preware 1.9.10, in preferences I have the following preferences:

Scan unknown packages: yes
    Check .ipk association: yes
    Use App Tuckberbox: yes
    Ignore device compatibility: yes
    Show available types: yes
    Show applications: yes
    Show themes: no
    Show patches: yes
    Show other types: yes
    Search Descriptions: yes
    Installed is available: yes

And I have the following feed for the Palm Catalog:

ipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds/palm-catalog/en_US and it is "on" (slider to the right, "on" visible).

For Palm web:

ipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds/palm-web/en_US

For Palm beta:

ipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds/palm-beta/en_US

Thanks for any insight you can pass along.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    https://twitter.com/#!/webosinternal...91434606538753

In the coming days? So..... November then?

I actually can't start Preware currently. It gets stuck loading whichever feed is first. Clock themes, but if I turn that off it gets stuck on Optware, etc. Has been this way for a few days. Is it an issue with the feeds (in which case I can sit tight until it is taken care of), or do I need to be doing something to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

Any suggestions?
    I erased apps and data and then re-installed them. I did not have to doctor but it took a long time even so. No idea what the problem was but now Preware is fine.
    Just recently I detected a problem with preware, both on my wife's Veer and my own Pre2. Some of the precentral packages have wrong location urls. The domain is stored as "cdn.precentral.net", but should be "media.precentral.net". Preware runs into a 404 error. Loading the ipkg directly via web browser after changing the url, and installing via InternalZ did the trick, but is kind of cumbersome.

I realized this issue with ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr, and ca.canucksoftware.filemgr, but other packages could be involved as well. If you change the third level domain to "media", the packages can smoothly be found.

Regards

Carsten
    OK, I am a complete newb when it comes to this type of stuff, so don't be too hard on me. Anyway, I got a touchpad back in the fire sale in August and have had it overclocked ever since. Since I installed preware it gives me an error starting up, but would then open preware normally, and I could install apps. Since I got to 3.05 though, the updated version of uberkernal is no where to be found...and if I try to install the old one it gives me an error right away (if you want to know what errors these are, please inform me how to capture the text and post it). Anyway, I decided to uninstall uberkernal and preware and try to start all over again.

So I started following directions from the "get started" guide. I installed the webos quick install and for some reason the only preware that is available is 1.9.10, which is not the most up to date version. When I installed it, the same error came up, and now when I search for uberkernel, it is no where to be found (not even the old version). I am just so frustrated and confused at this point. Anyone know what the issue is?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hi

for the last two weeks my preware stops at the screen showing Getting Feed Information from Precentral with the circle icon turning. Preware did not moves forward from there. Any advices?
    <merged>
    I just deleted Preware off my TouchPad, enabled the alpha feeds, and now it's nowhere to be found. I can't search it in WOSQI, and my standalone installer isn't working either. I've done this dozens of times in the last 2 years with no issues. Restarted both PC & TouchPad.

Got it, used the .jar instead of the .exe standalone installer and it worked, but still seems odd, I couldn't find it with WOSQI, and still can't.

It did show up in a 3.14 version of WOSQI, but it errored out while downloading. and can't see it at all in both 4.2.3 and 4.4.0 versions of WOSQI.
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/13/2012 at 05:28 PM.
  15.    #1655  
    Preware 1.9.12 is now in the alpha testing feed (see testing.preware.org for details on how to enable that feed).

It has support for WebOS Community Edition (WOCE) feeds by the WebOS Ports team from WebOS Internals.

There is only one package in those feeds at the moment - a recovery package for reinstalling the stock Palm LunaSysMgr binary. Other packages are expected in the coming days or weeks.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi
    I have preware 1.9.10 on my pre3
    Should I install preware 1.9.12? Also why is it an "install" instead of an "upgrade"?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I installed AppTuckerbox on my touchpad. It would not work for me as I had desired, so I removed it. Now my preware does not work. It comes up with an error. Unable to run command:/usr?bin?curl-s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fauk --show-error https://iipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds...US/Packages.gz 2>&1
    curl: (22) the requested URL returned error: 403
    Press OK then it continues to load, but no updates appear. I have to go to WebOS quick Install to get any updates Was going to remove Preware, and reinstall, but cannot find anywhere. Help...
  18.    #1658  
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I installed AppTuckerbox on my touchpad. It would not work for me as I had desired, so I removed it. Now my preware does not work. It comes up with an error. Unable to run command:/usr?bin?curl-s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fauk --show-error https://iipkg.apptuckerbox.com/feeds...US/Packages.gz 2>&1
    curl: (22) the requested URL returned error: 403
    Press OK then it continues to load, but no updates appear. I have to go to WebOS quick Install to get any updates Was going to remove Preware, and reinstall, but cannot find anywhere. Help...
    Just turn off or delete the feed in the Manage Feeds screen.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    So I tried to enable the Beta Feeds in Preware to install LunaCE.
    The instructions say to remove Preware.

But now I can't re-install it...

I've tried re-installing via every method I know how, but none of them work.

My guess is that I mis-ran the script to enable the Beta Feeds; but I don't know how to reverse that.

webOS Developer
    Hi
    I am trying to enable the Alpha Feeds in Preware to test out Navit with external BT GPS.
    The instructions said to remove preware, do stuff, and add it later.
    When I try to add, I can't!

It does not show up in WebOSQuickinstall 4.4.0
    I went to Index of / and tried to install either org.webosinternals.preware.ipk or org.webosinternals.preware_1.9.10_arm.ipk though webosquickinstall and again, no result.

What am I doing wrong?